Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

Someone posted the question the other day will McDermott eventually pass Marv as the best coach in Bills history. 

What does Beane have to do to pass Polian as the best GM in Bills history? I would say either (a) win a Super Bowl or (b) have about a 15 year run of excellence with multiple Super Bowl appearances. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Great!!

Lol the guy that told me yesterday there was as NO chance this could happen after Milano signing...

It is surprising.  I don't know many people here who thought they could keep both.  I'm assuming the numbers are similar to Milano's in the sense the 2021 cap # is low relative to years 2 and 3.

Guessing his cap hit for 21 will a team friendly 7-8M or so. This puts them right at their limit I think?  Think they'll be able to restructure/cut their way to one more significant signing or re-signing of Feliciano, but the rest are going to have to be Practice players, vet min, or draft picks

Edited by appoo

1 minute ago, jwhit34 said:

Someone posted the question the other day will McDermott eventually pass Marv as the best coach in Bills history. 

What does Beane have to do to pass Polian as the best GM in Bills history? I would say either (a) win a Super Bowl or (b) have about a 15 year run of excellence with multiple Super Bowl appearances. 

Polian didn't have to deal with a salary cap.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, somnus00 said:

I'm happy to admit that I was wrong. I thought we'd lose Milano to keep Williams. The draft can go in so many directions now.

Beane tends to like going into the draft with positions filled.  Even epenesa wasn't a guarantee since they had signed addison.  There were thoughts of oline, dugger or chinn type big nickel, young pass rusher, etc. 

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Wyatt Davis or Pat Freiermuth are two of my top adds as of now. 

I want someone who can come in and contribute right away - preferably helping the run game

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Does make me wonder a little about Feleciano.  Will he now not be back?

Same thing was said about Milano and Williams.

Just have to wait and see what happens.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Same thing was said about Milano and Williams.

Just have to wait and see what happens.

Feliciano was the next name on the priority list.  He sounds like he wants to be back and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a home-team discount. 

• Like (+1) 1