Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

And truthfully, that's how good / great teams operate. You Draft well, you strategically spend money in FA, and when warranted you retain the pieces that are building blocks. Not being big players in FA means the rest of it is going well and the team is getting right. Some perennially good NFL teams stay away from the bright stars of FA only to keep winning year in and year out. That's how this gets done, by building the culture and Drafting well and keeping the good players that contribute to the system. Beane continues to prove himself over and over again and I couldn't be happier. Nobody is perfect, but this man and his staff are knocking it out each Off-Season. 

And they are both back at team friendly deals because they would have got another $1-2 M a year elsewhere...

Guys want to give that up to stay part of this locker room 

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You have to think with so much turnover in personnel for most teams, combined with the more limited opportunities for offseason team work, that this continuity on offense and defense will only help us this upcoming season.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

They still have to prove they can beat KC.

They didn't even come close in 2020.

I am excited about the Bills taking that next step, but we shall see.

The Chefs' OL is a mess.

This re-signing was my #1 priority this offseason, and my only reservation about the Milano extension was that we wouldn't be able to afford Williams. Incredible work by Beane for structuring the contracts, and McDermott for building the culture that made them possible.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

I feel like we could upgrade his position. I'd keep him as a swing backup, but I don't want him starting.  

I do. At Center.

12 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I could sworn people were saying Matt Milano made this impossible yesterday. 🙄

SOME people..🤦‍♂️

8B03922E-F27B-4189-B193-D3A91CD6B668.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

Do the Bills have a John Nash clone working the salary cap for Beane? Brilliant. 

I'm going to guess that Williams counts $5-6 million against cap this year. Still room to maneuver. No Lee Smith saves another $2.2M.

They have to decide what they want at G, they have Ford, could sign Boettger and/or Feliciano, could draft a G. Lots of options. 

Most of all it is so nice that they have a sound plan and strategy.

• Like (+1) 1

Nice, eager to see how they structured this, but good to have the T’s locked down, if Ford can come in and do some run blocking at Guard beside him, the run game might finally open up.   Looks like the big spending is probably done, barring a major shuffle on The DL, going to be hard to pay for Mongo it looks like, probably will be elsewhere next year.  I’m a bit disappointed with that, honestly would have preferred for Morse to be the one on the move, but he is certainly a very good player, so it’s not the worst thing.

Beane is a wizard.  By re-signing Milano and Williams he's not creating holes and therefore giving himself maximum flexibility in the draft.

This also goes to show that the players are totally buying in to McD's program.  They want to be here.

Not the same old Bills any more.

• Like (+1) 4