Breaking: Daryl Williams signs 3 year extension

These times where the Buffalo Bills are a team that players actually want to play for vs the team being the  minor league for the rest of the NFL is sure a departure from the past. And a damn nice one. Been a long time coming

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Yeah he really had a very well thought out plan, but by the time the article was posted, they already signed Milano.  Now Williams too!

And not nearly as significant, but the punter he forecasted us signing is off the board now too lol

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yeah but Milano and Williams back... I’ll take that... 

And truthfully, that's how good / great teams operate. You Draft well, you strategically spend money in FA, and when warranted you retain the pieces that are building blocks. Not being big players in FA means the rest of it is going well and the team is getting right. Some perennially good NFL teams stay away from the bright stars of FA only to keep winning year in and year out. That's how this gets done, by building the culture and Drafting well and keeping the good players that contribute to the system. Beane continues to prove himself over and over again and I couldn't be happier. Nobody is perfect, but this man and his staff are knocking it out each Off-Season. 

• Like (+1) 2

With the salary cap drop (and mass of veterans getting cut around the league), I wonder if the upcoming market for Free Agents is going to be WAY LESS than anybody expected.  Legal tampering or not, you have to believe agents are already sending out feelers and getting an idea of what GMs are thinking.

We keep hearing that Matt Milano and now Darryl Williams took heavy discounts to stay in Buffalo.  We also heard Mitch Morse did the team a huge favor by taking a paycut.  But maybe these guys weren't going to get much more on the open market anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I wouldn’t go that far 

They still have to prove they can beat KC.

They didn't even come close in 2020.

I am excited about the Bills taking that next step, but we shall see.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

They still have to prove they can beat KC.

They didn't even come close in 2020.

I am excited about the Bills taking that next step, but we shall see.

Thanks Debbie!

• Haha (+1) 5