Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

I said multiple times, the Insane Iggles will try and shop him, GM’s will out wait them, and eventually they will release.  It’s going to happen as their would have been a trade by now.

Hes a possibility, but we’ll only offer what we see his value.  I know a lot of people based on last year think he just stinks now, but I disagree.  He had an injury and up to 2019 he 2as ranked the third best pass catching TE.   He’s certainly not worth anything near $12 mil., but how many +30 guys have been taking deals this year with the cap.

If the price is right, why not?  If he doesn’t want to come to a championship team and at his age you’d think he’d want another ring, but if not, by.

• Like (+1) 2

I would love to see Ertz added on a modest contract. He would add another weapon to the offense and pair up with Knox nicely. I think the Eagles have over relied on him the past 2 seasons and it led to his decline in production particularly last season. I think if you rely on him as a complementary weapon in an offense he can give you 50+ receptions and 500-700 yards along with 4+ TD's if he stays healthy. But this is a long way from getting resolved as I think the Eagles are hoping to get a late rounder for him and will just sit on the situation for another 6-8 weeks. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

LMAO yes, I am dating myself here a bit T&C.

Really enjoyed arguing with that dude. But man...did he love him some Donahoe.

I honestly didn't know he still posted... anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I said multiple times, the Insane Iggles will try and shop him, GM’s will out wait them, and eventually they will release.  It’s going to happen as their would have been a trade by now.

Hes a possibility, but we’ll only offer what we see his value.  I know a lot of people based on last year think he just stinks now, but I disagree.  He had an injury and up to 2019 he 2as ranked the third best pass catching TE.   He’s certainly not worth anything near $12 mil., but how many +30 guys have been taking deals this year with the cap.

If the price is right, why not?  If he doesn’t want to come to a championship team and at his age you’d think he’d want another ring, but if not, by.

This guy is a bum and a team disruptor.  And somehow the Eagles thought they could get a 3rd.  That’s hysterical.  

Ertz is as pouty as Aaron Rodgers but he isn’t the league MVP, he plays tight end, he pretty much sucks, and he is always hurt.  What team wants to give a draft pick and a big salary for him?

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This guy is a bum and a team disruptor.  And somehow the Eagles thought they could get a 3rd.  That’s hysterical.  

Ertz is as pouty as Aaron Rodgers but he isn’t the league MVP, he plays tight end, he pretty much sucks, and he is always hurt.  What team wants to give a draft pick and a big salary for him?

I was never wanting a draft pick for him, but to say he’s always hurt is not accurate.  He started in 11 games last year so ok, not perfect, but the previous years, 15, 16, 13, 12 going backwards.  That’s couple with 916, 1163, 824, 816 yards.  That is more than twice of anything Knox has done and almost really three times.  His completion record those four years was from 65-75% compared with Knox around 54%.  My point is simply at the right price without giving away draft capital is not a bad decision.

To say he sucks and is not talented is not accurate or that he’s always hurt.  My point is Beane will probably put in a bid for him released cleanly and we’ll see if he wants to be in a winner or if simply chasing $.  Up until the end of  2019 he was considered the third most talented TE in football behind Kelce and Kittle.

He may want to go on a  team that just went to the championship in 2020 when it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know we need a TE.  I wouldn’t put it past Beane.  I also wouldn’t want to give up a draft pick for him.

On 5/4/2021 at 3:56 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah if the cap space wasn't needed I'd keep him and try to trade him in TC/preseason after somebody loses a TE.    That nets you something and decreases the chance he is familiar enough with his new team to go out and put up 80 grabs and embarrasses the Eagles organization for letting him go.

Of course I would have franchised and traded Stephon Gilmore for a day 1 or day 2 pick..........not doing so was a much more egregious waste of value........and nobody got on the McWhaley about that.

The reality is a 6th or 7th rounder is a tiny fraction of that kind of value.........and it might not be worth jerking around a guy who did a lot for the franchise or even worth risking him getting injured and having to actually pay him, etc..

Lol. Cmon man!!  You just had to slip it in there.  What does that have to do with Ertz?  Completely different realm of situations.  

at least it didn’t turn into a gillislee, watkins or Dareus comparison 😂

Edited by NewEra

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I was never wanting a draft pick for him, but to say he’s always hurt is not accurate.  He started in 11 games last year so ok, not perfect, but the previous years, 15, 16, 13, 12 going backwards.  That’s couple with 916, 1163, 824, 816 yards.  That is more than twice of anything Knox has done and almost really three times.  His completion record those four years was from 65-75% compared with Knox around 54%.  My point is simply at the right price without giving away draft capital is not a bad decision.

To say he sucks and is not talented is not accurate or that he’s always hurt.  My point is Beane will probably put in a bid for him released cleanly and we’ll see if he wants to be in a winner or if simply chasing $.  Up until the end of  2019 he was considered the third most talented TE in football behind Kelce and Kittle.

He may want to go on a  team that just went to the championship in 2020 when it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know we need a TE.  I wouldn’t put it past Beane.  I also wouldn’t want to give up a draft pick for him.

I notice you didn’t even try to dispute that he is a pouty little baby.  The Bills aren’t in need of pouty players.  He might not have sucked in the past, but he sucks now.  He was awful when he did play in 2020 and was a part of the cause of Philly’s meltdown.  Hollister, while not exactly a star, was a far better pickup than this bum and at a much better cost.

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol. Cmon man!!  You just had to slip it in there.  What does that have to do with Ertz?  Completely different realm of situations.  

at least it didn’t turn into a gillislee, watkins or Dareus comparison 😂

Point is.......the Eagles not getting anything for Ertz wouldn't be any big deal........McDermott and Beane have made their share of bad decisions.

And yes, McD not picking up Watkins option hurt his trade value.    The 2015-2017 draft classes were barren of WR talent and teams were pretty desperate.  They gave most of the value attained away in the Kelvin Benjamin trade a couple months later.    I can't unsee those 2017 and 2018 offenses.......ghastly.

My issue with the Gillislee deal was simply not tendering him high enough.   Gillislee was coming off 2 seasons averaging 5.4 ypc and leading the NFL in ypc and in 3rd down conversion %........ and was a better fit in Dennison's outside zone than the indecisive McCoy........and that IS how it played out.    But as you know.......I never put much value on RB's.   There all easily replaced.  People here were just furious with me for questioning Whaley and McDermott's choice to original round tender him and save a scant few bucks.  RB's are still easy to find.    Shame on you for even considering a RB in round 1.:lol:

Trading Dareus flipped Jacksonville from bottom to the top of the league in run defense.........and the Bills run defense fell apart and has never really come back.   They beat the Bills in the playoffs......dominating the LOS that day........and had a lead in the 4th quarter of the AFC championship game.    Trade paid dividends for Jax.   From 2018-2020 the Bills have subsequently burned up a staggering $60M+ in cap space on his dead money and Star's walking dead money.......and they ain't done payin'!    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Point is.......the Eagles not getting anything for Ertz wouldn't be any big deal........McDermott and Beane have made their share of bad decisions.

And yes, McD not picking up Watkins option hurt his trade value.    The 2015-2017 draft classes were barren of WR talent and teams were pretty desperate.  They gave most of the value attained away in the Kelvin Benjamin trade a couple months later.    I can't unsee those 2017 and 2018 offenses.......ghastly.

My issue with the Gillislee deal was simply not tendering him high enough.   Gillislee was coming off 2 seasons averaging 5.4 ypc and leading the NFL in ypc and in 3rd down conversion %........ and was a better fit in Dennison's outside zone than the indecisive McCoy........and that IS how it played out.    But as you know.......I never put much value on RB's.   There all easily replaced.  People here were just furious with me for questioning Whaley and McDermott's choice to original round tender him and save a scant few bucks.  RB's are still easy to find.    Shame on you for even considering a RB in round 1.:lol:

Trading Dareus flipped Jacksonville from bottom to the top of the league in run defense.........and the Bills run defense fell apart and has never really come back.   They beat the Bills in the playoffs......dominating the LOS that day........and had a lead in the 4th quarter of the AFC championship game.    Trade paid dividends for Jax.   From 2018-2020 the Bills have subsequently burned up a staggering $60M+ in cap space on his dead money and Star's walking dead money.......and they ain't done payin'!    

They got the best they could for all of them and made the correct decision letting them all go as the Bills made the playoffs that season.  Furthermore, no one was trading a 2nd rounder for Gilliislee, his career was short after he left and the pick they got for him was used to select Milano.  And it's also doubtful anyone trades for Gilmore if they franchise him while they replaced him with as good a player.  Everyone knew he wasn't happy in Buffalo.  And Dareus was a slug who checked-out as soon as he got his fat contract.

And on what metric are you basing the claim that Dareus helped the Jags rush defense, much less to make it better than the Bills?  It certainly wasn't YPC, which is the most important stat and one in which the Bills beat the Jags every year Dareus was in Jax.

Edited by Doc

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I notice you didn’t even try to dispute that he is a pouty little baby.  The Bills aren’t in need of pouty players.  He might not have sucked in the past, but he sucks now.  He was awful when he did play in 2020 and was a part of the cause of Philly’s meltdown.  Hollister, while not exactly a star, was a far better pickup than this bum and at a much better cost.

Correct, he acted very disgruntled he was getting passed over for a younger TE, and then gets hurt.  He’s in a toxic environment and didn’t handle it well.  Then again, although not the same, Diggs was getting a horrible reputation in MN, and he didn’t handle well either.  He came here in an excellent environment and flourished.

I agree Hollister both that he’s solid, has a better completion % than knox, but then again so are most TE’s in the league, and liked the pick up.  It’s very clear you don’t want Ertz to be considered and you absolutely have a right to that opinion.  I’ve made my position clear, I don’t want a trade and give up capital.  I also would want to bring him in at a reasonable price as so many guys over 30 in the league have had to take pay cuts, and see if he can earn a spot.  My position has not changed.

Thank you for clarifying you’re feelings.  

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

One bad year while dealing with injuries and a bad team makes you a bum that sucks after six good seasons? What a terrible take 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Pbomb said:

One bad year while dealing with injuries and a bad team makes you a bum that sucks after six good seasons? What a terrible take 

I may be using the word bum in a slightly different context than you’re reading it.  I wouldn’t use it to describe someone with no talent who may be giving good effort but simply can’t rise to NFL level.  

For this discussion, someone who has an established track record like Ertz but returns from an injury, gives zero effort and plays like crap for a team that gave him his career opportunity, while at the same time crying and stomping his feet like a child......is a bum.

The Bills need this guy less than the Sabres need Jeff Skinner.