Jump to content

Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you’re missing why they went after Sanders. He is one of the best route runners in the league, and the Daboll system is predicated on obtaining windows rather than jump balling it. He is a per

I could see a draft day trade. Ertz and 2nd for Tremaine Edmund's. Draft Zaven Collins at 30.

Yeah I looked up Brian Flores and apparently it shows that Josh Allen is his Father. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Eagles: we're not trading you, but by God we'll release you and make you a free agent!

 

that's Green Bay level of GM skill right there 


 

I do not understand the GMs thinking - I would assume they talked compensation, but even a 6th or a 7th would be better than straight up cut.

 

I have to think they are hoping to do a trade still and get something next year, but this borders on complete incompetence.

 

I mean Beane got a pick from Atl for Smith - I just do not understand the thinking here.

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

 

The window to get a late round pick was probably pretty small and all but gone on draft week.

 

Teams clutch their draft picks.......often a bit irrationally so.........so it wasn't going to be easy for Philly to get value here.

 


 

I agree, but even a late round pick - even next year - clears more cap and gives a minimal return - compared to outright cutting him.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

 

The window to get a late round pick was probably pretty small and all but gone on draft week.

 

Teams clutch their draft picks.......often a bit irrationally so.........so it wasn't going to be easy for Philly to get value here.

 

But why cut him now when you could even get a 2022 6th or 7th rounder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

But why cut him now when you could even get a 2022 6th or 7th rounder. 

 

Yeah if the cap space wasn't needed I'd keep him and try to trade him in TC/preseason after somebody loses a TE.    That nets you something and decreases the chance he is familiar enough with his new team to go out and put up 80 grabs and embarrasses the Eagles organization for letting him go.

 

Of course I would have franchised and traded Stephon Gilmore for a day 1 or day 2 pick..........not doing so was a much more egregious waste of value........and nobody got on the McWhaley about that.

 

The reality is a 6th or 7th rounder is a tiny fraction of that kind of value.........and it might not be worth jerking around a guy who did a lot for the franchise or even worth risking him getting injured and having to actually pay him, etc..

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I said multiple times, the Insane Iggles will try and shop him, GM’s will out wait them, and eventually they will release.  It’s going to happen as their would have been a trade by now.

 

Hes a possibility, but we’ll only offer what we see his value.  I know a lot of people based on last year think he just stinks now, but I disagree.  He had an injury and up to 2019 he 2as ranked the third best pass catching TE.   He’s certainly not worth anything near $12 mil., but how many +30 guys have been taking deals this year with the cap.

 

If the price is right, why not?  If he doesn’t want to come to a championship team and at his age you’d think he’d want another ring, but if not, by.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see Ertz added on a modest contract. He would add another weapon to the offense and pair up with Knox nicely. I think the Eagles have over relied on him the past 2 seasons and it led to his decline in production particularly last season. I think if you rely on him as a complementary weapon in an offense he can give you 50+ receptions and 500-700 yards along with 4+ TD's if he stays healthy. But this is a long way from getting resolved as I think the Eagles are hoping to get a late rounder for him and will just sit on the situation for another 6-8 weeks. 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I said multiple times, the Insane Iggles will try and shop him, GM’s will out wait them, and eventually they will release.  It’s going to happen as their would have been a trade by now.

 

Hes a possibility, but we’ll only offer what we see his value.  I know a lot of people based on last year think he just stinks now, but I disagree.  He had an injury and up to 2019 he 2as ranked the third best pass catching TE.   He’s certainly not worth anything near $12 mil., but how many +30 guys have been taking deals this year with the cap.

 

If the price is right, why not?  If he doesn’t want to come to a championship team and at his age you’d think he’d want another ring, but if not, by.

This guy is a bum and a team disruptor.  And somehow the Eagles thought they could get a 3rd.  That’s hysterical.  
 

Ertz is as pouty as Aaron Rodgers but he isn’t the league MVP, he plays tight end, he pretty much sucks, and he is always hurt.  What team wants to give a draft pick and a big salary for him?

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This guy is a bum and a team disruptor.  And somehow the Eagles thought they could get a 3rd.  That’s hysterical.  
 

Ertz is as pouty as Aaron Rodgers but he isn’t the league MVP, he plays tight end, he pretty much sucks, and he is always hurt.  What team wants to give a draft pick and a big salary for him?


I was never wanting a draft pick for him, but to say he’s always hurt is not accurate.  He started in 11 games last year so ok, not perfect, but the previous years, 15, 16, 13, 12 going backwards.  That’s couple with 916, 1163, 824, 816 yards.  That is more than twice of anything Knox has done and almost really three times.  His completion record those four years was from 65-75% compared with Knox around 54%.  My point is simply at the right price without giving away draft capital is not a bad decision.

 

To say he sucks and is not talented is not accurate or that he’s always hurt.  My point is Beane will probably put in a bid for him released cleanly and we’ll see if he wants to be in a winner or if simply chasing $.  Up until the end of  2019 he was considered the third most talented TE in football behind Kelce and Kittle.

 

He may want to go on a  team that just went to the championship in 2020 when it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know we need a TE.  I wouldn’t put it past Beane.  I also wouldn’t want to give up a draft pick for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 3:56 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

 

Yeah if the cap space wasn't needed I'd keep him and try to trade him in TC/preseason after somebody loses a TE.    That nets you something and decreases the chance he is familiar enough with his new team to go out and put up 80 grabs and embarrasses the Eagles organization for letting him go.

 

Of course I would have franchised and traded Stephon Gilmore for a day 1 or day 2 pick..........not doing so was a much more egregious waste of value........and nobody got on the McWhaley about that.

 

The reality is a 6th or 7th rounder is a tiny fraction of that kind of value.........and it might not be worth jerking around a guy who did a lot for the franchise or even worth risking him getting injured and having to actually pay him, etc..

Lol. Cmon man!!  You just had to slip it in there.  What does that have to do with Ertz?  Completely different realm of situations.  
 

at least it didn’t turn into a gillislee, watkins or Dareus comparison 😂

Edited by NewEra
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:


I was never wanting a draft pick for him, but to say he’s always hurt is not accurate.  He started in 11 games last year so ok, not perfect, but the previous years, 15, 16, 13, 12 going backwards.  That’s couple with 916, 1163, 824, 816 yards.  That is more than twice of anything Knox has done and almost really three times.  His completion record those four years was from 65-75% compared with Knox around 54%.  My point is simply at the right price without giving away draft capital is not a bad decision.

 

To say he sucks and is not talented is not accurate or that he’s always hurt.  My point is Beane will probably put in a bid for him released cleanly and we’ll see if he wants to be in a winner or if simply chasing $.  Up until the end of  2019 he was considered the third most talented TE in football behind Kelce and Kittle.

 

He may want to go on a  team that just went to the championship in 2020 when it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know we need a TE.  I wouldn’t put it past Beane.  I also wouldn’t want to give up a draft pick for him.

I notice you didn’t even try to dispute that he is a pouty little baby.  The Bills aren’t in need of pouty players.  He might not have sucked in the past, but he sucks now.  He was awful when he did play in 2020 and was a part of the cause of Philly’s meltdown.  Hollister, while not exactly a star, was a far better pickup than this bum and at a much better cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Lol. Cmon man!!  You just had to slip it in there.  What does that have to do with Ertz?  Completely different realm of situations.  
 

at least it didn’t turn into a gillislee, watkins or Dareus comparison 😂

 

Point is.......the Eagles not getting anything for Ertz wouldn't be any big deal........McDermott and Beane have made their share of bad decisions.

 

And yes, McD not picking up Watkins option hurt his trade value.    The 2015-2017 draft classes were barren of WR talent and teams were pretty desperate.  They gave most of the value attained away in the Kelvin Benjamin trade a couple months later.    I can't unsee those 2017 and 2018 offenses.......ghastly.

 

My issue with the Gillislee deal was simply not tendering him high enough.   Gillislee was coming off 2 seasons averaging 5.4 ypc and leading the NFL in ypc and in 3rd down conversion %........ and was a better fit in Dennison's outside zone than the indecisive McCoy........and that IS how it played out.    But as you know.......I never put much value on RB's.   There all easily replaced.  People here were just furious with me for questioning Whaley and McDermott's choice to original round tender him and save a scant few bucks.  RB's are still easy to find.    Shame on you for even considering a RB in round 1.:lol:

 

Trading Dareus flipped Jacksonville from bottom to the top of the league in run defense.........and the Bills run defense fell apart and has never really come back.   They beat the Bills in the playoffs......dominating the LOS that day........and had a lead in the 4th quarter of the AFC championship game.    Trade paid dividends for Jax.   From 2018-2020 the Bills have subsequently burned up a staggering $60M+ in cap space on his dead money and Star's walking dead money.......and they ain't done payin'!    

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Point is.......the Eagles not getting anything for Ertz wouldn't be any big deal........McDermott and Beane have made their share of bad decisions.

 

And yes, McD not picking up Watkins option hurt his trade value.    The 2015-2017 draft classes were barren of WR talent and teams were pretty desperate.  They gave most of the value attained away in the Kelvin Benjamin trade a couple months later.    I can't unsee those 2017 and 2018 offenses.......ghastly.

 

My issue with the Gillislee deal was simply not tendering him high enough.   Gillislee was coming off 2 seasons averaging 5.4 ypc and leading the NFL in ypc and in 3rd down conversion %........ and was a better fit in Dennison's outside zone than the indecisive McCoy........and that IS how it played out.    But as you know.......I never put much value on RB's.   There all easily replaced.  People here were just furious with me for questioning Whaley and McDermott's choice to original round tender him and save a scant few bucks.  RB's are still easy to find.    Shame on you for even considering a RB in round 1.:lol:

 

Trading Dareus flipped Jacksonville from bottom to the top of the league in run defense.........and the Bills run defense fell apart and has never really come back.   They beat the Bills in the playoffs......dominating the LOS that day........and had a lead in the 4th quarter of the AFC championship game.    Trade paid dividends for Jax.   From 2018-2020 the Bills have subsequently burned up a staggering $60M+ in cap space on his dead money and Star's walking dead money.......and they ain't done payin'!    

 

They got the best they could for all of them and made the correct decision letting them all go as the Bills made the playoffs that season.  Furthermore, no one was trading a 2nd rounder for Gilliislee, his career was short after he left and the pick they got for him was used to select Milano.  And it's also doubtful anyone trades for Gilmore if they franchise him while they replaced him with as good a player.  Everyone knew he wasn't happy in Buffalo.  And Dareus was a slug who checked-out as soon as he got his fat contract.

 

And on what metric are you basing the claim that Dareus helped the Jags rush defense, much less to make it better than the Bills?  It certainly wasn't YPC, which is the most important stat and one in which the Bills beat the Jags every year Dareus was in Jax.

Edited by Doc
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...