Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

24 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Our offense can evolve into using TE's in the passing game more. 

It isn't like this team can't find a use for a potentially dynamic player like Ertz, especially if he doesn't have to be heavily relied on in this offense. 

How about Ertz for Fromm?  Doesn’t look like there’s many QB’s with draft-able grades outside the top 7-8 QB’s.  Could make an argument that Fromm might go late 3rd/early 4th in this draft.  Hurts probably isn’t the long term answer but can’t see Eagles drafting a QB this year.  Bills have Trubisky and I’m sure would love to bring back Barkley as the 3rd string on a vet minimum deal.  Get it done Beane.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/25/2021 at 3:10 PM, Adam727 said:

I don't think I was being irrational or bashing Edmunds.

I think Edmunds is a decent linebacker but maybe not someone I would pay $15 million/year during a cash strapped year if that means not being able to re-sign other players.

Spotrac says the Bills have ~$2mil in free cap space next year assuming a salary cap of $192.5mil if they pick up Edmunds 5th year option.  Even if $192.5mil ends up being a little low.. that wouldn't include Ertz' 8.5 million this year, whatever he'd sign for next year, their draft picks this year or next year, and includes only 40 out of 51 players under contract.  They also need to resign any of their free agents next year that they want back which is most of their Dline (Hughes, Addison, Butler, Phillips, Zimmer) and includes players like Trubisky, Boettger, Wallace, McKenzie, Taron Johnson, Ferguson, etc. 

I don't know how the Buffalo Bills fit Ertz, Edmunds, and whichever of those players they want to bring back under the Salary Cap unless it goes up more than Beane sounds like he's expecting.   I think a top tier TE could help Josh take this offense to the next level, and since Beane is going to have some tough decisions to make next year, Edmunds at $14-$15mil/year in my opinion is a spot where the player doesn't match the value of the contract.  

I don't know if it's realistic to think they can sign Ertz and either pick up Edmunds 5th year or tag him and still re-sign the players they need to next year.  

I think Milano’s contract is going to make Edmunds very difficult to sign.  $25,000,000 for 2 LBs who don’t rush the passer would be a tough pill to swallow.

• Like (+1) 2