Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

First off the Eagles boards think the Bils might give a first rounder for him. There is no way we ever give more than a 3rd rounder for that Re-tread because of his age and albatross contract. Unless he learns to rush the passer he is a no go at that price tag. We just don’t have the future $. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Huh?

12 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

You think he cares if pick is an early 2nd or late 2nd?  If Wentz does well in Indy, it will look really bad on Roseman.  

The 2nd round pick becomes a 1st if Wentz plays 75% of the regular season snaps.  Best case scenario for Roseman is if Wentz leads the Colts to an 0-17 season without getting benched.

8 hours ago, Locomark said:

First off the Eagles boards think the Bils might give a first rounder for him. There is no way we ever give more than a 3rd rounder for that Re-tread because of his age and albatross contract. Unless he learns to rush the passer he is a no go at that price tag. We just don’t have the future $. 

tenor.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

A first is downright scandalous. I think a more realistic situation is the Bills would like him for a 4th or 5th and the Eagles are trying to get a third for him. 

With his contract and injury history a 3rd is unreasonable. If Eagles fans are expecting a first they’ll be very disappointed if an actual deal does get done.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The 2nd round pick becomes a 1st if Wentz plays 75% of the regular season snaps.  Best case scenario for Roseman is if Wentz leads the Colts to an 0-17 season without getting benched.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the pick they get for Ertz.  But Ertz's presence doesn't change the 75% of regular season snaps thing at all.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Oh, I thought you were talking about the pick they get for Ertz.  But Ertz's presence doesn't change the 75% of regular season snaps thing at all.

It wasn't me.  Just Joshin had me confused too until I thought about it.

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

It wasn't me.  Just Joshin had me confused too until I thought about it.

True it was JJ.  And I remembered the playing time escalator but not performance escalator for the draft pick, and again, Ertz has no influence over how much Wentz plays.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

True it was JJ.  And I remembered the playing time escalator but not performance escalator for the draft pick, and again, Ertz has no influence over how much Wentz plays.

There was no performance escalator.  I guess they just figured if Wentz played 75% of the snaps he'd be worth a 1st round pick. 

You're correct in that Ertz has nothing to do with Wentz.  I wouldn't touch Ertz with that contract and wouldn't give up anything above a 6th if they do.

13 hours ago, Locomark said:

I think what the rumor was, is that the Bills would give up their first for Ertz and Philly's second round pick.  So, in reality the Bills would be getting Ertz for moving down 7 spots in the draft.  It's what I'm hoping for.

Secondly, Ertz does not have an albatross contract.  Quite the contrary.  It is a good contract for the Bills because a portion of it is paid by Philly.  I think it comes out to $8mill.  It's a deal in comparison to what the likes of J Smith and company went for.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

There was no performance escalator.  I guess they just figured if Wentz played 75% of the snaps he'd be worth a 1st round pick. 

You're correct in that Ertz has nothing to do with Wentz.  I wouldn't touch Ertz with that contract and wouldn't give up anything above a 6th if they do.

Sorry, I meant I didn't recall any performance escalator, and there wasn't one, so trading Ertz to them didn't mean the pick would become better.  It would only make the 2nd rounder for Wentz and whatever they trade for Ertz later.

4 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think what the rumor was, is that the Bills would give up their first for Ertz and Philly's second round pick.  So, in reality the Bills would be getting Ertz for moving down 7 spots in the draft.  It's what I'm hoping for.

Secondly, Ertz does not have an albatross contract.  Quite the contrary.  It is a good contract for the Bills because a portion of it is paid by Philly.  I think it comes out to $8mill.  It's a deal in comparison to what the likes of J Smith and company went for.

Yeah, the deal isn't terrible.  And if he produces like he can, will be well worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

Before I had season tickets to the Bills and Clemson I had season tickets to the Eagles for 15 years going back to the 700 section in the Vet.

If the Bills could get Ertz and the 37th pick for the 30th pick they should take and run. You can’t underestimate how bad Wentz was last season.