Zach Ertz about to be traded? [Edit: or Not]

Rubes

13 minutes ago, DJB said:

Tin foil hat time. 

Beane usually trades up but instead chose not too and is planning on using those 5th rounders to acquire Ertz today. 

giphy.gif

I wonder if that possible trade with NFC team was with Philly before the Basham pick.🤔

Roseman trading down 3 spots for a 6th rounder and Donahue giving him the heisman when howie comes into draft room to get some self-adulation is priceless.  I hope Beane and the rest of the GM’s in on Ertz if there are any call this chiseler’s bluff.  

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Tin foil hat time. 

Beane usually trades up but instead chose not too and is planning on using those 5th rounders to acquire Ertz today. 

giphy.gif

If the trade will ever happen it would be today. Can't see Beane giving up picks for next year.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It would explain taking 2 DEs in this draft.

There’s no explanation needed. Beane said he was drafting for the future. Hughes is over the hill, and Addison is just okay. Both are young and versatile. 

How is there still questions? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

There’s no explanation needed. Beane said he was drafting for the future. Hughes is over the hill, and Addison is just okay. Both are young and versatile. 

How is there still questions? 

So the plan this year is to keep 6 DEs?  They have Hughes who is still productive, Addison whose contract they adjusted ostensibly to keep him, drafted Epenesa in the 2nd last year and signed Obada.  They also have Daryl Johnson who they've been developing the past 2 years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

So the plan this year is to keep 6 DEs?  They have Hughes who is still productive, Addison whose contract they adjusted ostensibly to keep him, drafted Epenesa in the 2nd last year and signed Obada.  They also have Daryl Johnson who they've been developing the past 2 years.

I think Addison is gone after TC. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Someone will have to go.  If they can use him to trade for Ertz it will be fine, but cutting him will make not cutting him earlier and adjusting his contract a big mistake.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That will be tough unless they trade him.  Even then it’s not great.  He’s already gotten a $1.5M roster bonus and has $2M of his $4.1M salary guaranteed.  Cap hits of $6.2M to play, $4.8M to cut or $2.8M if traded.  There’s also a $2M cap hit next year that would accelerate to this year if cut or traded before 6/1. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mario-addison-8871/

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

That will be tough unless they trade him.  Even then it’s not great.  He’s already gotten a $1.5M roster bonus and has $2M of his $4.1M salary guaranteed.  Cap hits of $6.2M to play, $4.8M to cut or $2.8M if traded.  There’s also a $2M cap hit next year that would accelerate to this year if cut or traded before 6/1. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/mario-addison-8871/

It would be post June 1. Would offset over 5 mill.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

It would be post June 1. Would offset over 5 mill.

Helpful for this season, but that would just push some of the hit to next season.  Not worth it IMO unless you could trade him 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’d LOVE this, but is there anything to it? Seems like just pure speculation based on contracts. Do we have any indication the Eagles would have interest in Addison? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Someone will have to go.  If they can use him to trade for Ertz it will be fine, but cutting him will make not cutting him earlier and adjusting his contract a big mistake.

That’s not a big mistake.