Cuomo aide admits they hid nursing home data so feds wouldn’t find out

Beast

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The triumph of Politics and Ego over Conscience

1) NYS got dealt a tough hand

2) Cuomo made some tough decisions, I'll give him that, although too late

3) Some of his decisions were understandable in the context of the early pandemic, but incorrect from a public-health standpoint

4) Unclear how many deaths in nursing homes resulted from this policy, with widespread community infection and poor infection control policies/lack of PPE meaning many aides caring for the elderly unwittingly spread infection.  Lord knows there are enough nursing home deaths in states that did NOT have this policy

5) Be that as it may, the honorable course of action after the fact, is transparency.  Put the data out there, support investigation, let the chips fall

6) If the aides and subordinates do not follow that course of action, the buck falls on the desk of the man in charge.

All that said actions can be despicable and immoral and not illegal.  Hopefully with the "prison on the table" comment at this point, you aren't one of those who respond in other cases calling for investigation prior to "rush to judgement"

i understand what your saying and get tough decisions have to be made but from the very beginning objective number 1 above all else should have been

protect the vulnerable.

even a common flu could be deadly to elderly so no new or extra info was needed to understand that introducing this to the elderly let alone FORCING by mandate was a not questionable mistake. it was a demented enforcement. not only that, they incentivized it by offering nursing homes $5000 dollars per person so young people were pushed in as well. id love to understand what lunatic science backed this decision. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i understand what your saying and get tough decisions have to be made but from the very beginning objective number 1 above all else should have been

protect the vulnerable.

I agree and understand, but no Western nation worked on an effective public health strategy for that.

For example, people who became ill but were not sick enough to require hospital admission were regularly sent home - with no regard for their living situation.  In Italy and in Spain and yes, in NYC and Boston many of these people lived in multigenerational households with Grandparents or elder Aunts, often with 1 bathroom and minimal ability to isolate.  And those people became ill in turn, and many died.  

Obviously the best strategy from a public health viewpoint would have been to adopt a quarantine where infected younger people were sent to quarantine facilities where they were supported with food, fever medications, and if needed IV and oxygen until they were no longer infectious, and likewise - where infected residents of congregate living were sent to specialized nursing homes or temporary hospitals where they could recover.

Can you imagine the outcry that would have occurred if our government tried to mandate this?  BUT MAH FREEDOMS!!!!!!!

The other part of course is immediately focusing testing on residents in such facilities and their caregivers, using proven strategies such as pooled testing to extend testing capacity, and ensuring adequate PPE supplies and infection control training.  A lot could have been done, but wasn't.

Many are suggesting that the Central Park hospital or the ship Comfort could have been turned to this purpose, and that's true - but recall that initially, these facilities weren't even accepting Covid patients at all!

even a common flu could be deadly to elderly so no new or extra info was needed to understand that introducing this to the elderly let alone FORCING by mandate was a not questionable mistake. it was a demented enforcement. not only that, they incentivized it by offering people $5000 dollars per person so young people were pushed in as well. id love to understand what lunatic science backed this decision.

I think it's a mistake to look at things outside the context that was present at the time the mandate was issued, with hospitals overflowing with critically ill patients and more coming in by the minute.  Was it a bad decision, Yes!  Was it made in the context of desperate times and harsh measures, Also Yes.

It's pretty clear from states which did NOT have this mandate that covid-19 eventually entered most nursing homes (either through staff, or through a patient sent back from hospitalization for another cause) and took a horrible toll, so it will seldom be a clear cut thing.  Missouri, for example, never had such a mandate and yet to my personal knowledge a care home in St Louis where a friend's father resided had 60 of 90 residents fall ill with Covid in late April-May.  29 of those 60 died. 

At one point over the summer, every single one of the 6 nursing homes in the rural MO county where my spouse grew up had Covid infections, and many died.  Over the summer.

Things are seldom as clear cut as people like to paint them to be.  And that's all I'll say.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree and understand, but no Western nation worked on an effective public health strategy for that.

For example, people who became ill but were not sick enough to require hospital admission were regularly sent home - with no regard for their living situation.  In Italy and in Spain and yes, in NYC and Boston many of these people lived in multigenerational households with Grandparents or elder Aunts, often with 1 bathroom and minimal ability to isolate.  And those people became ill in turn, and many died.  

Obviously the best strategy from a public health viewpoint would have been to adopt a quarantine where infected younger people were sent to quarantine facilities where they were supported with food, fever medications, and if needed IV and oxygen until they were no longer infectious, and likewise - where infected residents of congregate living were sent to specialized nursing homes or temporary hospitals where they could recover.

Can you imagine the outcry that would have occurred if our government tried to mandate this?  BUT MAH FREEDOMS!!!!!!!

The other part of course is immediately focusing testing on residents in such facilities and their caregivers, using proven strategies such as pooled testing to extend testing capacity, and ensuring adequate PPE supplies and infection control training.  A lot could have been done, but wasn't.

Many are suggesting that the Central Park hospital or the ship Comfort could have been turned to this purpose, and that's true - but recall that initially, these facilities weren't even accepting Covid patients at all!

I think it's a mistake to look at things outside the context that was present at the time the mandate was issued, with hospitals overflowing with critically ill patients and more coming in by the minute.  Was it a bad decision, Yes!  Was it made in the context of desperate times and harsh measures, Also Yes.

It's pretty clear from states which did NOT have this mandate that covid-19 eventually entered most nursing homes (either through staff, or through a patient sent back from hospitalization for another cause) and took a horrible toll, so it will seldom be a clear cut thing.  Missouri, for example, never had such a mandate and yet to my personal knowledge a care home in St Louis where a friend's father resided had 60 of 90 residents fall ill with Covid in late April-May.  29 of those 60 died. 

At one point over the summer, every single one of the 6 nursing homes in the rural MO county where my spouse grew up had Covid infections, and many died.  Over the summer.

Things are seldom as clear cut as people like to paint them to be.  And that's all I'll say.

Lots of point agree Hapless. Gotta always protect the older people the most from this virus.  For me do that number 1 goal to protect those out. Fell so badly those passed away rip thoughts and prayers to everyone.  :( 

I don't know what NY has in regards to recall or "impeachment" of governors, but I'd offer what Cuomo did is a really good reason to do it.  That's a serious dereliction of duty to your citizens IMO.  I understand that any public servant that finds time to write a book during a crisis is no great public servant to begin with.  

I doubt he's the only one that did it.  In PA, the governor did the same thing by pushing COVID+ patients into nursing homes and PA's coronavirus data is a complete disaster and the state fights tooth and nail on FOIA requests.  The state's former health secretary, the one the media can't heap enough praise upon, pulled her own mother out of a nursing home before that policy she recommended, was enacted. 

The problem in PA is that she's now working in the Biden administration and the term-limited governor is serving out the last two years of his term.  

I think when the dust settles, that decision to send those COVID+ patients into nursing homes is going to be considered one of the worst, or perhaps the worst, action the government took in response to the pandemic, even more egregious than the arbitrary use of lockdowns and business restrictions.  

Edited by dpberr
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

in that regard i understand more clearly what your saying.

in my opinion a policy to force the sick into those facilities made no sense then, and none now which is why certain people were declaring they wanted investigations early last year and were ignored by those in the media, until now. there is a picture of a sheet on a overpass "cuomo killed my mother" as early as may. again this was incentivised! the nursing homes were used as quarantine facilities you speak of, which is the worst possible selection that anyone at any time regardless of situation could choose. if there was some proof that there was no other facility that would not accept 5000 dollars to house these people together then i guess he had no other choice, but i don't think that is true and his coverup may mean we may never know. to chalk this up to desperate times desperate measures or ignorance is a mistake. i have no professional understanding of viruses and without hindsight i could say that i questioned that decision, as did many others. i can't prove it but there is a basic level of understanding that was as dangerous as it gets when dealing with a pandemic that was obviously killing the elderly at high rates.

when it comes to asymptomatic people allowed to go home this is different from the topic of forcing them into nursing homes. this is still the practice of today so advising them to stay away from vulnerable or offering a alternative, like the ship or center as temporary quarantine places for people with "one bathroom" ect ect SHOULD be the practice, regarless if they knew if it spreads. 5000 dollars pays for alot of options other then nursing homes regardless. you choose to expose a vulnerable family member thats on your conscience. no forcing, no "mah freedoms" and no hindsight required to keep people from spreading. but they FORCED people from OUTSIDE nursing homes to go there as well and the homes were happy to take the money sentancing those people to death. 

if you feel the decision was just another blunder in the large assortment during this pandemic your well articulated and we simply disagree. if you include his coverup in this argument, the media ignoring and the blocking of investigations then that's where we severely disagree. 

Edited by Buffarukus

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

??  Read your own words 

also 

It’s funny watch people waking up to the fact that the pandemic was blatantly  exploited and politicized by all the politicians 

They will fall back asleep soon of boredom, waiting on the morons to distribute alms to the poor.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm not familiar with everyone's stance here but typically pro Trump people go after Cuomo. Pro Cuomo people go after Trump. I'm guessing you're a pro Trump guy. 

There's always an agenda, so the topics always go together. 

Actually, I'm a "pro don't break the law" guy.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You admit that she has " borderline psychotic revenge history" but believe everything she says? Psychotic people believe what they want without needing a good reason to destroy a career. I will tell you that no one has backed her up publicly, which to me is a huge red flag. As for the scientist part I should have clarified better but she has never worked on any data in regards to viruses and the media made her expert for no reason. 

I see nothing incompatible with saying she has a revenge history AND saying she had no reason to lie about her superiors at the state telling her to manipulate the data.

When the proof that her superiors did direct her to do just that eventually comes out in the wash,  I will be not be surprised in the least.

In fact, her not doing what they were demanding and being stubborn about getting her correct data public, fits her obsessive compulsive get-back-at-them profile.

So it takes an expert to know you have 4000 reported deaths and those in charge are telling you to report a few hundred?

Sheesh....maybe it does for some folks.

Occasionally I do run across a conservative who is not a Trump cult, QAnon factless rabbit hole ideologue who can debate a topic well.

There are too few.

Edited by WideNine

7 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

God, the bolded part is mother#×<#ing refreshing to read.  Our country would be so much better of if all political discussions by regular folks were kicked of by acknowledging that politicians are pretty much all scum bags, working in their own best interest. After we agree start there, we can just talk about what is best for the country without the dehumanizing insults. 

Sadly, this is likely true for most of our elected officials.

Regardless of party affiliation, Americans need to do a better job assessing candidate character beyond the inflammatory rhetoric and partisan talking points.

Who would have thought that stuffing government vacancies with Ivy league lawyers and Harvard Business School grads would create a vacuum of morality and character 🤔 

Then in typical fashion we have the backlash pendulum swing of voting in tinfoil hat-wearing der-t-ders.

There has got to be a responsible middle-ground.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The triumph of Politics and Ego over Conscience

1) NYS got dealt a tough hand

2) Cuomo made some tough decisions, I'll give him that, although too late

3) Some of his decisions were understandable in the context of the early pandemic, but incorrect from a public-health standpoint

4) Unclear how many deaths in nursing homes resulted from this policy, with widespread community infection and poor infection control policies/lack of PPE meaning many aides caring for the elderly unwittingly spread infection.  Lord knows there are enough nursing home deaths in states that did NOT have this policy

5) Be that as it may, the honorable course of action after the fact, is transparency.  Put the data out there, support investigation, let the chips fall

6) If the aides and subordinates do not follow that course of action, the buck falls on the desk of the man in charge.

All that said actions can be despicable and immoral and not illegal.  Hopefully with the "prison on the table" comment at this point, you aren't one of those who respond in other cases calling for investigation prior to "rush to judgement"

There is one comment you make that is scary for an intelligent person to make- and I believe you are intelligent. "Some of his decisions were understandable in the context of the early pandemic, but incorrect from a public-health standpoint" 

His decision to put the sick back with the elderly was implemented in March of last year when by March 12th we knew that the elderly were much more susceptible to COVID. Putting the sick with the elderly is not understandable if you ask any epidemiologist or anyone who has ever worked in healthcare. That decision is responsible for thousands of deaths and was made without a shred of intelligence or advice from a competent person. I am certain of date because it was first day spring break and I did not see my parents for months after. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cuomos-covid-hero-myth-house-165006269.html

This is the definition of the failure of our media. If you did not want to destroy him as I have for every awful decision that is one thing but they literally made him the hero. His numbers are literally the worst in the developed world, he is the baseball coach who is 40-120 and the media argued he was best. If you live in New York and at any point thought Cuomo was impressive during this please use this to recognize how bad he has been and how much the media covers for him.

Cuomo's explanation was that the federal gov allowed more then 2M Europeans to fly into NY airports bringing covid with them before a ban.

The CDC did not demand Congress fund to restock PPE supplies

The CDC did not have safe rules for nursing homes concerning covid at the start.

Cuomo is not a health expert , the health experts have to raise hell with him when he is wrong.

Edited by ALF

Which is not like the others: It's just the flu, masks don't work, 99.99% survival rate, what happened to the flu, car accidents died of covid?, Cuomo killed all those people

This article is about them not disclosing the numbers.  It is NOT about how the nursing home situation was handled.  Cuomo said if they couldn't isolate them in the nursing home to take them to the hospital, and obviously ANYTIME someone in a nursing home becomes very sick, they should be transported to a hospital.

I got laughed at back in August when I said FL was doing a better job at managing the virus than NY.  NY got initially dealt bad hand with NYC, but Cuomo did not do a good job.  The media was fawning all over him and throwing Desantis under the bus at the same time but the numbers are the numbers.  

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/13/2021 at 10:03 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Cuomo has held office too long. Simple as that. If people want to fix politics, begin with term limits for every level of politics. So I do talk to people who despise both. I'm pretty sure 100% of Trump supporters despise Cuomo. 

term limits and some sort of neutral campaign fund aggregator, where the money is consolidated and redistributed neutrally and clean, even use tax dollars if need be , would go a lot way toward killing the current corrupt political elitists two party atrocity. 

On 2/14/2021 at 9:31 AM, ALF said:

Cuomo's explanation was that the federal gov allowed more then 2M Europeans to fly into NY airports bringing covid with them before a ban.

The CDC did not demand Congress fund to restock PPE supplies

The CDC did not have safe rules for nursing homes concerning covid at the start.

Cuomo is not a health expert , the health experts have to raise hell with him when he is wrong.

When the ship sinks it looks like it’s going to be you, the two Cuomo brothers and maybe Miley Cyrus left on board. Jeesh. 

Update:  You, both Cuomo brothers, maybe Miley Cyrus and Daz28.  He’ll be making sure the Cuomo bros luggage gets to their respective stateroom(s). 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

On 2/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm not familiar with everyone's stance here but typically pro Trump people go after Cuomo. Pro Cuomo people go after Trump. I'm guessing you're a pro Trump guy. 

Or you can be neutral to either one, or both, and dislike the specific decisions they've made. And it is certainly fair to have an opinion on their respective reactions to being criticized. The politicization of Covid from both sides is really unfortunate.

Looks like Cuomo is catching a lot of heat, both for his decision to return patients to nursing homes and for his covering up a federal investigation. And he's catching a lot of political heat from members of his own party in the State legislature.

I've always maintained that Cuomo is lucky that people aren't tracking and reporting the illnesses and deaths of nursing home employees and their immediate families.  His policy could easily be connected to those cases.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Or you can be neutral to either one, or both, and dislike the specific decisions they've made. And it is certainly fair to have an opinion on their respective reactions to being criticized. The politicization of Covid from both sides is really unfortunate.

Looks like Cuomo is catching a lot of heat, both for his decision to return patients to nursing homes and for his covering up a federal investigation. And he's catching a lot of political heat from members of his own party in the State legislature.

I've always maintained that Cuomo is lucky that people aren't tracking and reporting the illnesses and deaths of nursing home employees and their immediate families.  His policy could easily be connected to those cases.

This is the really interesting thing about it.  For all the criticism the left levies at Trump--some fair, some not---there is an alarming tendency by those people to look no further than the end of their nose on issues like this.  It seems like you would need video evidence of Cuomo smothering patients with a COVID laced pillow before they speak out on this issue, all as his besties are screaming about how he lied to them, mislead and is complicit in this coverup. 

The odd part is that many of these folks are in the hunker down/mask up/speak in hushed tones crowd.  They believe in full on compliance and the innate goodness of Dr Faucci et al.     

But hey--no turkey legs at grammies!   That'll kill ya! 

• Like (+1) 4

On 2/13/2021 at 9:36 AM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allegations of murder of older sick people, but don't investigate because only

keep thinking about Trump.

At what point is it acceptable to stop with the Trump, Trump, Trump

and move on to what the POTUS is doing(outside of eating ice cream cones and dropping

a new log onto the fire)...or what the projecting governor of NY did?

I bet the liberal victimization at the hands of Trump may go on for decades in their heads.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is the really interesting thing about it.  For all the criticism the left levies at Trump--some fair, some not---there is an alarming tendency by those people to look no further than the end of their nose on issues like this.  It seems like you would need video evidence of Cuomo smothering patients with a COVID laced pillow before they speak out on this issue, all as his besties are screaming about how he lied to them, mislead and is complicit in this coverup. 

The odd part is that many of these folks are in the hunker down/mask up/speak in hushed tones crowd.  They believe in full on compliance and the innate goodness of Dr Faucci et al.     

this is a hard core fact. There is an egregious double standard at work. I had no idea how bad it was until I starting paying more attention and looking at both. 

Even AP which I thought was the most neutral add op-Ed like spin into some reporting and omits or buried other. They seem to me equal opposites to maybe the WSJ. Then there are the hardcore extreme ones like daily wire. 

Bloomberg I can’t quite peg. USA Today I don’t know. 

MSNBC, CNN are as biased as Fox it seems in opposite direction.

Always going out of their way to vilify the opposition, rationalize their own. 

I hate to say I wish I still had cable and CSPAN . It was incredible what you heard when it was just the direct press conferences, testimony’s, debate or hearings before the media got to tamper with it. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/13/2021 at 1:36 PM, WideNine said:

I see nothing incompatible with saying she has a revenge history AND saying she had no reason to lie about her superiors at the state telling her to manipulate the data.

When the proof that her superiors did direct her to do just that eventually comes out in the wash,  I will be not be surprised in the least.

In fact, her not doing what they were demanding and being stubborn about getting her correct data public, fits her obsessive compulsive get-back-at-them profile.

So it takes an expert to know you have 4000 reported deaths and those in charge are telling you to report a few hundred?

Sheesh....maybe it does for some folks.

Occasionally I do run across a conservative who is not a Trump cult, QAnon factless rabbit hole ideologue who can debate a topic well.

There are too few.

You called her "psychotic" and then say there is no reason to not trust her, you are using that word wrong. As for the numbers, we in Florida in the early days had a lot of info printed from official sources that was retracted early on, especially on rate of infections. The Orlando Sentinel proudly sued the state for violation of the sunshine laws and the big win was the data will be released with 48 hours vs the 96 hours it had been. The info was not being hidden, it was being released slower but it was not hidden. Desantis is not Cuomo and right now no one that is not psycho or a political hack is stating he is.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You called her "psychotic" and then say there is no reason to not trust her, you are using that word wrong. As for the numbers, we in Florida in the early days had a lot of info printed from official sources that was retracted early on, especially on rate of infections. The Orlando Sentinel proudly sued the state for violation of the sunshine laws and the big win was the data will be released with 48 hours vs the 96 hours it had been. The info was not being hidden, it was being released slower but it was not hidden. Desantis is not Cuomo and right now no one that is not psycho or a political hack is stating he is.

You probably should read the whole Sun Sentinel article on the matter.

How the state (under DeSantis direction) changed the mortality reporting protocols right before the elections which resulted in a very favorable declining mortality rate, then after the elections published the backlog which had folks wondering why they suddenly had a spike in mortality rates.

This is the definition of data manipulation for political purposes.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-ss-prem-covid-deaths-florida-election-20201216-f4kgezjf4rf75ppumt4omxfsxy-story.html

59 minutes ago, WideNine said:

You probably should read the whole Sun Sentinel article on the matter.

How the state (under DeSantis direction) changed the mortality reporting protocols right before the elections which resulted in a very favorable declining mortality rate, then after the elections published the backlog which had folks wondering why they suddenly had a spike in mortality rates.

This is the definition of data manipulation for political purposes.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-ss-prem-covid-deaths-florida-election-20201216-f4kgezjf4rf75ppumt4omxfsxy-story.html

You are simply making the worst case scenario. The report the Governor was given estimated that it could have been inflated by 10%. He at that point stated he wanted the numbers reviewed and it was not a priority at the time. You are simply echoing the accusation of a paper that has been openly hostile to him. If there is more information that comes out I will consider it but you are saying that particular lag was intentional for political purposes without much to back it up.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You are simply making the worst case scenario. The report the Governor was given estimated that it could have been inflated by 10%. He at that point stated he wanted the numbers reviewed and it was not a priority at the time. You are simply echoing the accusation of a paper that has been openly hostile to him. If there is more information that comes out I will consider it but you are saying that particular lag was intentional for political purposes without much to back it up.

So your take is that DeSantis' office is not trying or has not tried to manipulate Covid-19 mortality data? Do you think Cuomo's late release or early omissions of nursing home Covid-19 deaths were political and deliberate?

Rather than cherry-pick I think both were, but you seem determined to interpret DeSantis actions in a different light. Even the choke hold he put on medical examiner records which up till the pandemic were always readily available public records.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/04/29/florida-medical-examiners-were-releasing-coronavirus-death-data-the-state-made-them-stop/

I find the media persecution arguments of those poor politicians caught with their policy or ethical pants down to be weak, but I have heard those same excuses steadily echoing the "fake news" mantra of a certain serial liar in chief.

If it were not for the media, these clowns in office would do whatever they want, whenever they wanted with none the wiser. They hate accountability.

Is it any small wonder that the first thing every fascist tyrant does is attack, censure, and get rid of the free press?

They are like cockroaches who shun the light.

Edited by WideNine

Looks like Cuomo made a mistake during a crisis. People were dying left and right and they may have made a bad decision. Covering up is a bad thing though. It’s Trump like for sure. 

I dont want Cuomo to be Dem nominee and this will probably stop him from getting that 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, WideNine said:

So your take is that DeSantis' office is not trying or has not tried to manipulate Covid-19 mortality data?

Do you think Cuomo's late release or early omissions of nursing home Covid-19 deaths were political and deliberate?

Rather than cherry-pick I think both were, but you seem determined to interpret DeSantis actions in a different light.

Even the choke hold he put on medical examiner records which up till the pandemic were always readily available public records.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/04/29/florida-medical-examiners-were-releasing-coronavirus-death-data-the-state-made-them-stop/

I find the media persecution arguments of those poor politicians caught with their policy or ethical pants down to be weak.

But I have heard those same excuses steadily echoing the "fake news" mantra of a certain serial liar in chief.

If it were not for the media, these clowns in office would do whatever they want, whenever they wanted with none the wiser. They hate accountability.

Is it any small wonder that the first thing every fascist tyrant does is attack, censure, and get rid of the free press?

They are like cockroaches who shun the light.

You consider Desantis is getting rid of the free press? Right now the evidence is showing he was slow walking the information, which is not the same thing as hiding the information. I have been watching these lawsuits and right now there is no information showing he is covering up numbers. I am not sure if you live in Florida but we had days were it was reported we had infection rates of 18% before the govt starting confirming the data. If you think slow walking it is same as hiding data then we have to disagree. As for Cuomo he hid data and lied. 

On 2/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well, you are comparing a governor to a president. That’s a false equivalence right there. Of course a president is going to take more heat I mean come on. And CNN has been hammering Cuomo for the cover up. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/opinions/cuomo-covid-nursing-home-deaths-rodgers/index.html

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You consider Desantis is getting rid of the free press? Right now the evidence is showing he was slow walking the information, which is not the same thing as hiding the information. I have been watching these lawsuits and right now there is no information showing he is covering up numbers. I am not sure if you live in Florida but we had days were it was reported we had infection rates of 18% before the govt starting confirming the data. If you think slow walking it is same as hiding data then we have to disagree. As for Cuomo he hid data and lied. 

No.

What I said is that the argument that politicians are the victims of the free press is weak, AND I said that politicians hate the free press because they catch them doing things they shouldn't be doing, or question their decisions.

I also made the point - is it any small wonder that the first thing fascist tyrants do is eliminate the free press.

You got DeSantis is a fascist tyrant trying to get rid of the free press out of that.... not going to speculate on how or why you mangled my response so badly.

Edited by WideNine

Impeach.

Charge CNN with accessory 100%

#2021Logic

RIP Andrew.  And if you're wondering why the media is fine with it, it's because that lunatic AG Letitia James is going to be the next Governor and that's what they want.  

Good luck with that NY.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Well, you are comparing a governor to a president. That’s a false equivalence right there. Of course a president is going to take more heat I mean come on. And CNN has been hammering Cuomo for the cover up. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/17/opinions/cuomo-covid-nursing-home-deaths-rodgers/index.html

Proof positive of what I said—Cuomo is only a governor directly in charge of pandemic management  for a state of  nearly 20,000,000 and you’ll bend over backwards to minimize his role in this pandemic.  

As for your link posting an opinion piece (they include the disclaimer “..,the opinions expressed are not necessarily those..” for a reason) on February 17, nearly a year after the governor commenced his dance of death in the elderly, and a solid 8-9 months after he started cooking the books for purely self-serving purposes is hardly indicative of anything resembling hard hitting and neutral journalism.  

But you keep on keepin on...nothing to see here. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 1