Cuomo aide admits they hid nursing home data so feds wouldn’t find out

Beast

2 hours ago, Beast said:

If Donald Trump committed crimes regarding COVID 19 you can bet there would have been Impeachment hearings over that. If you don’t believe that, you are 100 percent a fool just like Tiberius is.

Cuomo actually COMMITTED crime(s).

Time to pay the piper.

The sound bites around the initial issue were abhorrent, clueless and disgraceful. DTs cdc appointee provided underwhelming leadership at best. Cuomo staged a great media circus to promote his stature to be sure, but don’t let that excuse the very poor leadership and rhetoric from the other side. As they say there is plenty of blame to go around. 

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Nor was the hospital set up at the Javitz Center.

Correct.

As I recall, Cuomo received everything his little heart desired during the first few months of the pandemic.

Can anyone name another state that received more help?

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The sound bites around the initial issue were abhorrent, clueless and disgraceful. DTs cdc appointee provided underwhelming leadership at best. Cuomo staged a great media circus to promote his stature to be sure, but don’t let that excuse the very poor leadership and rhetoric from the other side. As they say there is plenty of blame to go around. 

Again, Cuomo committed crimes. That is what this thread is about.

Cuomo.

Crimes.

Not you. Not his supporters. Not his detractors.

Cuomo.

Edited by Beast
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Two wrongs don't make a right, but what about all the data and guidance manipulation Trump's people made continually through the pandemic.

Prison on the table for them too?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-clyburn/u-s-lawmakers-say-trump-appointees-interfered-with-covid-19-testing-guidance-idUKKBN2A81VR

How about DeSantis in Fla and his personal vendetta against the data scientist there because she wanted to show their real numbers?

The crux of the issue is we had a psychotic narcissist in the WH who politicized the hell out of a pandemic because the timing of it was hurting his and GOP reelection bids.

All the BS mismanagement of Covid-19 can be traced back to that.

Not saying what Cuomo's team did was right, just that by turning a pandemic from a fact and science-based emergency our country needed to responsibly address, Trump and much of the GOP kept lying, and lying, and lying...

You might want to reconsider your take on the Rebekah Jones in FL- she is not a scientist, she is a geologist, she did not want to print proper info, she wanted to print the most inflammatory numbers, and she was just dropped her lawsuit against the state for the raid. Literally your entire comment about her is as if you believe everything she says but literally no one else, since no one has come to her defense and no lawyer wants her case.

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I know some people have a problem staying on topic. This thread is for Cuomo. 

But I’ll play your game.....Like I said before, if Trump did anything criminal with COVID 19 you can bet his ass would have went through an impeachment process since he had to go through two where he didn’t commit any crime.

Overcrowded?

If I recall correctly, ships were ported, and never used, for any patients.

’Member that?

Impeachment?

What a joke. The GOP has zero spine when it comes to holding Don the Con accountable for anything.

An aquital because they cannot get enough GOP senators to find a conscience is not the same as innocence.

In regards to responding to this thread, maybe you should have said, "This is a narrow discussion ONLY about Cuomo's staff not sharing Covid nursing home mortality data with the feds. No other opinions about Covid fact-hiding or data manipulation will be tolerated".

Then I would post those intolerable bits of reality any way.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You might want to reconsider your take on the Rebekah Jones in FL- she is not a scientist, she is a geologist, she did not want to print proper info, she wanted to print the most inflammatory numbers, and she was just dropped her lawsuit against the state for the raid. Literally your entire comment about her is as if you believe everything she says but literally no one else, since no one has come to her defense and no lawyer wants her case.

Yeah....

Actually she is a data scientist, AND geographer. The kind of work she does and has done involves a lot of data mining analysis, and trending.

You don't have to be a epidemiologist to crunch the numbers tracking Covid cases, rate of spread, and mortality rates. I have friends that do this work already as well as contact tracing.

Data Science:

Data science is an inter-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from many structural and unstructured data.[1][2] Data science is related to data mining, machine learning and big data

Jones alleged that the Florida Department of Health pressured her to strategically align COVID-19 case data with Florida's goal to reopen the state. 

Now, what I don't get is the motivation for her to blow up her career for no reason; whereas there is motive for Florida's governor to want to open the state and keep it open.

I don't think she is lying about being told to doctor the data.

I also think she is wicked-smart and has a borderline psychotic revenge history that makes the idea of her exploiting the State's messaging system (hacking is a bit generous) to encourage others to blow the whistle plausible.

Edited by WideNine

8 hours ago, WideNine said:

Impeachment?

What a joke. The GOP has zero spine when it comes to holding Don the Con accountable for anything.

An aquital because they cannot get enough GOP senators to find a conscience is not the same as innocence.

so hes guilty? your judge jury and executioner on the matter of impeachment and anyone who doesn't see it your way does not have a conscience? we had a long discussion about democrats call to violence and the murder victims that resulted? have you reached a conscience on who you want to be held accountable yet? maybe i didnt make a good enough case in that thread.

if you think trump is not going to pay a heavy price for what he's done then you haven't paid attention to the banks that no longer will do buisness with him. the contracts he's lost and everyone around him INCLUDING his legal team for the very impeachment you speak of abandoning (trying to) him. also lets not foget about democrats calling for "lists" to cancel, degrade and destroy anyone he has touched.. including simple supporters that had no part of insorrection. 

not good enough? this impeachment.. is the ultimate icing on the cake? maybe. but even if he was impeached i think he would still be used to deflect from any misdoings by the democratic party. i mean a police officer was killed..as were many this summer. a unarmed qanon woman was shot..same as a 8 year old little girl and HUNDREDS of innocent people living in abolish police zones. it can go back and forth but this thread is about cuomo.

speaking of which, i think its odd you didnt touch any point about cuomo and the boat that sat empty. why. call him a evil POS that intentionally tryed to cover up his deplorable decision. its not hard. 

see when trump lied about covid the media was on him like locusts. how long did his lies last? im pretty sure his lies cost him the election as they were brought to light. 

but here we are a full year out of cuomos lies and they are just at the beginning phase of being revealed after recieving book deals, Emmy and accolades from his peers and those not paying attention. i remember those "quacks" at fox being the only media covering the story even as cuomo routinley blocked investigations.  i also remember a lone banner hanging from a interstate say "cuomo killed my mother" last year in may. people in NY know. victims families knew it was a horrendous decision immediately. yet i guess that wasnt interesting to anyone in journalism to have a conscience, until of coarse, the objective was reached. theres a difference and if you dont start acknowledging it then your going to be lost in partisanship like those who defend trumps every decision. your no better..just different.

why? because there is alot more to be revealed if journalist are willing to cover the other side  with the same scrutiny as they covered trump. i promise this won't be the only evil that is uncovered and people defending those decisions.

Edited by Buffarukus

6 hours ago, Beast said:

If Donald Trump committed crimes regarding COVID 19 you can bet there would have been Impeachment hearings over that. If you don’t believe that, you are 100 percent a fool just like Tiberius is.

Cuomo actually COMMITTED crime(s).

Time to pay the piper.

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Cuomo.

Crimes.

Cuomo.

fair... take your own advice then? 

10 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

yes I do.  

Nope.  He made a mistake.  A big one. But we don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.  He’s done a really good job wrangling a lot of snakes over the years.

8 hours ago, Beast said:

Correct.

As I recall, Cuomo received everything his little heart desired during the first few months of the pandemic.

Can anyone name another state that received more help?

Cuomo.

Crimes.

Cuomo.

Now it’s crimes plural.  Which crimes (plural) did he commit? 

7 hours ago, WideNine said:

Yeah....

Actually she is a data scientist, AND geographer. The kind of work she does and has done involves a lot of data mining analysis, and trending.

You don't have to be a epidemiologist to crunch the numbers tracking Covid cases, rate of spread, and mortality rates. I have friends that do this work already as well as contact tracing.

Data Science:

Data science is an inter-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from many structural and unstructured data.[1][2] Data science is related to data mining, machine learning and big data

Jones alleged that the Florida Department of Health pressured her to strategically align COVID-19 case data with Florida's goal to reopen the state. 

Now, what I don't get is the motivation for her to blow up her career for no reason; whereas there is motive for Florida's governor to want to open the state and keep it open.

I don't think she is lying about being told to doctor the data.

I also think she is wicked-smart and has a borderline psychotic revenge history that makes the idea of her exploiting the State's messaging system (hacking is a bit generous) to encourage others to blow the whistle plausible.

You admit that she has " borderline psychotic revenge history" but believe everything she says? Psychotic people believe what they want without needing a good reason to destroy a career. I will tell you that no one has backed her up publicly, which to me is a huge red flag. As for the scientist part I should have clarified better but she has never worked on any data in regards to viruses and the media made her expert for no reason. 

19 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Influencing testing guidelines is a bit different then lying about the amount of deaths due to the virus i'm not giving him a pass but it's not apples to apples but you will look at anything to put a negative twist to it especially when it comes to Trump but you would never admit your bias .

Cuomo was sending people back to nursing homes which were the people that were the absolute most vulnerable to die from the disease which is quite a bit different than trying to change the testing peramitters to not include asymptomatic people .

Some of the responsibility should be on us as responsible adults to recognize when we don't feel well especially with what was going on to have brains enough to not go around others if we feel bad or asymptomatic so again even though they shouldn't get a pass it's quite a bit different when sending those folks back into a situation where the possibility of getting the virus and dying from it for the most vulnerable people is more apt to happen . 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

As far as? This is a Cuomo thread.

11 hours ago, Beast said:

If Donald Trump committed crimes regarding COVID...

??  Read your own words 

also 

It’s funny watch people waking up to the fact that the pandemic was blatantly  exploited and politicized by all the politicians 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

??  Read your own words 

also 

It’s funny watch people waking up to the fact that the pandemic was blatantly  exploited and politicized by all the politicians 

Simply put, I was responding to someone's comment and have said lets keep this to Cuomo. I mean, otherwise could have put this in any of the other 10,000 Trump threads.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Beast said:

Simply put, I was responding to someone's comment and have said lets keep this to Cuomo. I mean, otherwise could have put this in any of the other 10,000 Trump threads.

I'm not familiar with everyone's stance here but typically pro Trump people go after Cuomo. Pro Cuomo people go after Trump. I'm guessing you're a pro Trump guy. 

There's always an agenda, so the topics always go together. 

36 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

God, the bolded part is mother#×<#ing refreshing to read.  Our country would be so much better of if all political discussions by regular folks were kicked of by acknowledging that politicians are pretty much all scum bags, working in their own best interest. After we agree start there, we can just talk about what is best for the country without the dehumanizing insults. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm not familiar with everyone's stance here but typically pro Trump people go after Cuomo. Pro Cuomo people go after Trump. I'm guessing you're a pro Trump guy. 

There's always an agenda, so the topics always go together. 

Why can't they be separate?  I'm certainly not a Trump guy, but despise Cuomo.

18 minutes ago, dhg said:

Why can't they be separate?  I'm certainly not a Trump guy, but despise Cuomo.

Cuomo has held office too long. Simple as that. If people want to fix politics, begin with term limits for every level of politics. So I do talk to people who despise both. I'm pretty sure 100% of Trump supporters despise Cuomo. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

God, the bolded part is mother#×<#ing refreshing to read.  Our country would be so much better of if all political discussions by regular folks were kicked of by acknowledging that politicians are pretty much all scum bags, working in their own best interest. After we agree start there, we can just talk about what is best for the country without the dehumanizing insults. 

but 

my scumbag is better then your scumbag!

where i find a problem is republican scumbags are ousted by mainstream media routinley and the other scumbags have been ignored which is why this "new" story is so infuriating. this story was not a secret. it was well known and is only now being investigated. I'm actually shocked that the media is in unison condemning this. even cnn with the cuomo brothers comedy hour is reporting!? maybe this will be a turning point where both sides get the same scrutiny. im actually catching some good hard  questions in the wh press room lately. hopefully this trend continues as there are loads of corruption and lies to expose on both sides. 

Edited by Buffarukus

On 2/11/2021 at 6:35 PM, Beast said:

The triumph of Politics and Ego over Conscience

1) NYS got dealt a tough hand

2) Cuomo made some tough decisions, I'll give him that, although too late

3) Some of his decisions were understandable in the context of the early pandemic, but incorrect from a public-health standpoint

4) Unclear how many deaths in nursing homes resulted from this policy, with widespread community infection and poor infection control policies/lack of PPE meaning many aides caring for the elderly unwittingly spread infection.  Lord knows there are enough nursing home deaths in states that did NOT have this policy

5) Be that as it may, the honorable course of action after the fact, is transparency.  Put the data out there, support investigation, let the chips fall

6) If the aides and subordinates do not follow that course of action, the buck falls on the desk of the man in charge.

All that said actions can be despicable and immoral and not illegal.  Hopefully with the "prison on the table" comment at this point, you aren't one of those who respond in other cases calling for investigation prior to "rush to judgement"

• Dislike 1