Cuomo aide admits they hid nursing home data so feds wouldn’t find out

Beast

Just now, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

So do you think there should be justice for older people?

All older lives matter. Cuomo among others should be in trouble for this.

And Trump shouldn't be? For screwing with medical info, for down playing the virus? For saying it was a hoax, gone by Easter? 

Good for the Goose ....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And Trump shouldn't be? For screwing with medical info, for down playing the virus? For saying it was a hoax, gone by Easter? 

Good for the Goose ....

Well I  was on (dislike) Trump for some things he said for some things about covid.   Still stand by them to this day. Some things he done was great about covid.

1 hour ago, T master said:

So because someone hole heartedly believes and puts their faith in a system or those fighting to figure out the virus in the early stages will get it figured out & because you believe and put your faith in the US health care system with what is thought to be the best Dr's, scientists, and others in that particular field to figure it out is a lie ???

Every one has a difference of opinion but i would rather have someone that has a glass half full attitude than a glass half empty one (like some here) which is the way a lot of people looked at that situation which is why they call it a lie .

Then you throw in the hate just because of personal opinion and it has no way of being perceived as anything else than a lie or something perceived as bad by some .

I sure am glad they implemented operation warp speed as fast as they did though because there may not even be a vaccine if those decisions weren't made early on but hey don't give any credit what so ever for anything you hate that much just always try to find the bad in it ! 

Most all said it was stupid at the time to close travel from other countries into the US too but those people would rather B***H & complain rather than give any positivity to someone or thing that they hate so much . Just saying ...

But actually hiding info to make you look good or someone else look bad in the publics eye isn't as bad as having faith in those given the task to figure it out will ???

You have no problem with this? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/02/08/trump-administration-influenced-cdc-guidance-to-suppress-covid-testing-house-panel-says.html

1 hour ago, ALF said:

The CDC did not do its main job for covid mitigation from day 1 . 

11 billion dollar a year government agency with Disease Control in their name and almost 11,000 employees. 

Tax dollars well spent. 

Sounds like the presidential appointee agency leader was a doormat too. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Seriously? So now people are angry Cuomo hasn't stopped the spread in NY state? Half the people don't even believe the virus is real. Let's begin there. 

Yes. It was on the Buffalo Snooze wen site yesterday.   There are  multitudes ready to storm Albany because  Covid ran rampant in nursing homes.

20 hours ago, Beast said:

Cool story.  What's the crime?

That aside, I can't argue with the point that this is a very, very bad story.  

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Good for the Goose ....

Really.  Trumpers complaining about executive lies is absurd.  

That said, Cuomo screwed up here.  It's a bad story. 

21 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Really.  Trumpers complaining about executive lies is absurd.  

This is a built in excuse now for any politician you like.  Well, he's not as bad as Trump.

Trump sucked and is gone.

I hope we can hold our leaders regardless of party affiliation to a higher standard than "not as bad as Trump".

That's a ridiculously low bar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

Official Misconduct

https://www.nycourts.gov/judges/cji/2-PenalLaw/195/195.00.pdf

If you need any other help interpreting the statute provided, please let me know and I'll explain....specifically BENEFIT.

Cool.  It's a class A misdemeanor.  How do you plan to get someone convicted of that statute to prison?

22 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is a built in excuse now for any politician you like.  Well, he's not as bad as Trump.

Trump sucked and is gone.

I hope we can hold our leaders regardless of party affiliation to a higher standard than "not as bad as Trump".

That's a ridiculously low bar.

I never set that as a bar.  I made the point that it is ironic, hypocritical, laughable, and probably a lot of other things for a Trumper to complain about a different chief executive engaging in a lie. 

21 minutes ago, Beast said:

Official Misconduct

https://www.nycourts.gov/judges/cji/2-PenalLaw/195/195.00.pdf

If you need any other help interpreting the statute provided, please let me know and I'll explain....specifically BENEFIT.

FYI - you cited the criminal jury instructions, not the statute itself.  Probably doesn't matter here, but sometimes the statutes get changed and the CJI doesn't immediately keep pace. 

9 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Cool.  It's a class A misdemeanor.  How do you plan to get someone convicted of that statute to prison?

I never set that as a bar.  I made the point that it is ironic, hypocritical, laughable, and probably a lot of other things for a Trumper to complain about a different chief executive engaging in a lie. 

FYI - you cited the criminal jury instructions, not the statute itself.  Probably doesn't matter here, but sometimes the statutes get changed and the CJI doesn't immediately keep pace. 

Here you go. My bad.

https://newyorklegaldefense.com/resources/ny-penal-law/article-195/#195-00

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

I know the statute.  How are you going to get someone convicted of that class A misdemeanor to prison?

(Also, this isn't directed at you, just a general comment about playing lawyer and researching stuff like this.  Your link directs to an attorney advertisement.  Better to use Cornell or a state website [e.g., state senate] on something like this just in case the proponent of the advertisement doesn't properly update the website.)

Edited by SectionC3

3 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I know the statute.  How are you going to get someone convicted of that class A misdemeanor to prison?

(Also, this isn't directed at you, just a general comment about playing lawyer and researching stuff like this.  Your link directs to an attorney advertisement.  Better to use Cornell or a state website [e.g., state senate] on something like this just in case the proponent of the advertisement doesn't properly update the website.)

Misdemeanor carries jail time up to a year. 

What do you think about this that was proposed by the almighty Governor?

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-proposes-new-class-public-corruption-crimes

There are Felonies there.

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Beast said:

Misdemeanor carries jail time up to a year. 

What do you think about this that was proposed by the almighty Governor?

https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-cuomo-proposes-new-class-public-corruption-crimes

Ther ware Felonies there.

You said prison.  Assuming someone with no record convicted of this class A misdemeanor received time — an absurd proposition, but whatevs — they’re doing local (that is, jail) time.  If you want prison time for this guy then you’d better find a felony to pin on him. 

37 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

You said prison.  Assuming someone with no record convicted of this class A misdemeanor received time — an absurd proposition, but whatevs — they’re doing local (that is, jail) time.  If you want prison time for this guy then you’d better find a felony to pin on him. 

maybe just send him to a nursing home ?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I posted more.

Here's another. Cuomo made

millions off his book all the while knowing he was cooking the books. If he didn't cook the books, no millions for him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/criminaldefense.1800nynylaw.com/amp/new-york-penal-law-496-03-corrupting-the-government-in-the-third.html

FELONY.

There you go.

Are you seriously going to argue wording when it comes to Cuomo?

Misdemeanor or Felony. Both are crimes and I believe he committed both levels.

Edited by Beast