Cuomo aide admits they hid nursing home data so feds wouldn’t find out

Beast

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The petty politics needs to stop. The only reason Republicans care about this story is because it makes Cuomo look bad. I wish they really cared. That goes for both sides, the pettiness needs to stop. Do what's right. 

I’m pretty sure ppl care because there is a dumb crook running their state and it’s infuriating and endangers their families.

Edited by KennyDavisEyes
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The petty politics needs to stop......(edited out) ....
That goes for both sides, the pettiness needs to stop. Do what's right. 

I agree with these sentiments and omitted the partisan bit. Both parties have politicized a life and death situation. They played games and manipulated narratives for power and polling. It’s disgusting. The hope here is that the light goes on for both party liners and they realize both sides are doing the same thing. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The petty politics needs to stop. The only reason Republicans care about this story is because it makes Cuomo look bad. I wish they really cared. That goes for both sides, the pettiness needs to stop. Do what's right. 

I generally agree with you about the pettiness.  This story, however, is bad.  The guess here is that every democrat  with an eye on that office is going to hammer him this weekend and early next week.  The republicans will join the fun, too. The stink from this one will linger.  

*and this is coming from a Democrat who likes and really respects the governor. 

• Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I agree with these sentiments and omitted the partisan bit. Both parties have politicized a life and death situation. They played games and manipulated narratives for power and polling. It’s disgusting. The hope here is that the light goes on for both party liners and they realize both sides are doing the same thing. 

If Donald Trump committed crimes regarding COVID 19 you can bet there would have been Impeachment hearings over that. If you don’t believe that, you are 100 percent a fool just like Tiberius is.

Cuomo actually COMMITTED crime(s).

Time to pay the piper.

Edited by Beast

10 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

*and this is coming from a Democrat who likes and really respects the governor. 

The guy covered up the amount of deaths of NY’s elderly population, during a pandemic, to mitigate political fallout for an idiotic mistake that he made all the while patting himself on the back for the great job he’d done.

And you respect him?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

I’m pretty sure ppl care because there is a dumb crook running their state and it’s infuriating and endangers their families.

You could say this whichever state you're in. 

Spare me with endangering families. Every Cuomo hater I know doesn't believe COVID-19 is a threat. 

If the people don't want Cuomo they can vote him out. That's how it works. 

4 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

The guy covered up the amount of deaths of NY’s elderly population, during a pandemic, to mitigate political fallout for an idiotic mistake that he made all the while patting himself on the back for the great job he’d done.

And you respect him?

There's seems to be selective counting all over. You know how many conservatives in NY believe the COVID-19 death number is inflated?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Spare me with endangering families. Every Cuomo hater I know doesn't believe COVID-19 is a threat. 

Sounds like a smart guy like you hangs out with a bunch of other geniuses.

Also, other states didn’t kill nearly as many of their nursing home elderly.  Check the data.

Edited by KennyDavisEyes
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

And you respect him?

It may he more than that. According to the article that started the thread, it was because they thought there may be a DOJ investigation.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s top aide privately apologized to Democratic lawmakers for withholding the state’s nursing home death toll from COVID-19 — telling them “we froze” out of fear that the true numbers would “be used against us” by federal prosecutors, The Post has learned.

I'm not a lawyer, but hiding information because you think it may he used against you in an investigation could be a crime.  I have worked in Records Management and I know there if you hear or think an investigation is coming it is a crime to destroy or hide the documents related to it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

And you respect him?

its very rare to have someone simply agree that their side has done horrific things. most would rather divert the conversation and play a game of "whatabout" so i give him credit for going against what he formally believed and calling it what it is.

that deserves respect. 

in this polarized world,if we all can do that society will be on the right track again.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

On 2/11/2021 at 4:35 PM, Beast said:

Two wrongs don't make a right, but what about all the data and guidance manipulation Trump's people made continually through the pandemic.

Prison on the table for them too?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-clyburn/u-s-lawmakers-say-trump-appointees-interfered-with-covid-19-testing-guidance-idUKKBN2A81VR

How about DeSantis in Fla and his personal vendetta against the data scientist there because she wanted to show their real numbers?

The crux of the issue is we had a psychotic narcissist in the WH who politicized the hell out of a pandemic because the timing of it was hurting his and GOP reelection bids.

All the BS mismanagement of Covid-19 can be traced back to that.

Not saying what Cuomo's team did was right, just that by turning a pandemic from a fact and science-based emergency our country needed to responsibly address, Trump and much of the GOP kept lying, and lying, and lying...

26 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

And you respect him?

yes I do.  

• Vomit 1

7 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

By kill I mean willingly and purposefully endangering the most vulnerable people in our state by forcing Covid patients back within that population.

Those were the guidelines at the time. Cuomo messing with numbers to protect his reputation is a seperate story in my opinion. He'll pay a price for that. 

People failed to follow guidelines which is why the virus spread like it did. If everyone took this seriously from the beginning the number of people that died would have been less. People still aren't taking it seriously. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Those were the guidelines at the time. Cuomo messing with numbers to protect his reputation is a seperate story in my opinion. He'll pay a price for that. 

People failed to follow guidelines which is why the virus spread like it did. If everyone took this seriously from the beginning the number of people that died would have been less. People still aren't taking it seriously. 

What Cuomo did to the folks in the nursing homes, during a pandemic, by sending Covid patients back into the living space of our state’s most vulnerable population is equivalent to going back in time and delivering them to ground zero on September 11th 2001.

You know what the outcome is going to be.

Smart leaders find a way to do the right thing.  Others blindly and mutedly follow guidelines.

Edited by KennyDavisEyes

18 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

What Cuomo did to the folks in the nursing homes, during a pandemic, by sending Covid patients back into the living space of our state’s most vulnerable population is equivalent to going back in time and delivering them to ground zero on September 11th 2001.

You know what the outcome is going to be.

Smart leaders find a way to do the right thing.  Others blindly and mutedly follow guidelines.

What he did was follow guidelines set by health officials he's supposed to trust. 

The hospitals were overcrowded. They were overcrowded because people refused to stop the spread. 

Lying about numbers is political. I hate politics. Cuomo will be hurt by this. No way around it. 

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Two wrongs don't make a right, but what about all the data and guidance manipulation Trump's people made continually through the pandemic.

Prison on the table for them too?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-clyburn/u-s-lawmakers-say-trump-appointees-interfered-with-covid-19-testing-guidance-idUKKBN2A81VR

How about DeSantis in Fla and his personal vendetta against the data scientist there because she wanted to show their real numbers?

The crux of the issue is we had a psychotic narcissist in the WH who politicized the hell out of a pandemic because the timing of it was hurting his and GOP reelection bids.

All the BS mismanagement of Covid-19 can be traced back to that.

Not saying what Cuomo's team did was right, just that by turning a pandemic from a fact and science-based emergency our country needed to responsibly address, Trump and much of the GOP kept lying, and lying, and lying...

I know some people have a problem staying on topic. This thread is for Cuomo. 

But I’ll play your game.....Like I said before, if Trump did anything criminal with COVID 19 you can bet his ass would have went through an impeachment process since he had to go through two where he didn’t commit any crime.

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

What he did was follow guidelines set by health officials he's supposed to trust. 

The hospitals were overcrowded. They were overcrowded because people refused to stop the spread. 

Lying about numbers is political. I hate politics. Cuomo will be hurt by this. No way around it. 

Overcrowded?

If I recall correctly, ships were ported, and never used, for any patients.

’Member that?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Beast said:

I know some people have a problem staying on topic. This thread is for Cuomo. 

But I’ll play your game.....Like I said before, if Trump did anything criminal with COVID 19 you can bet his ass would have went through an impeachment process since he had to go through two where he didn’t commit any crime.

Overcrowded?

If I recall correctly, ships were ported, and never used, for any patients.

’Member that?

Nor was the hospital set up at the Javitz Center.

• Like (+1) 2