Would the Bills have beaten the Bucs?

QB Bills

The Bills don’t have Kelce, the run game, or a pass rush. Unless Singletary suddenly became Barry Sanders it’s doubtful, but any given Sunday. I think it would have been Bills 22 Bucs 20. Tyler Bass hits a 47 yarder as time expired. 

• Like (+1) 1

No, and the more I think of it the more I'm glad we saw the game we did. 

Mostly it has to do with Allen. If we had been there and the exact game happened everyone would have been piling on Allen. "sugar rush" is back! Told you! He melted down, etc.

We just saw the half a billion dollar man look like  rookie Josh Allen trying to throw to no names at WR while he runs for his life. 

Actually, I think Allen would have done a little better because he's had to do that more, but still. Mahomes looked like rookie Allen last night. 

Sugar Rush Pat should be a thing now, IMO. So the game served a great purpose, and it knocked the Chiefs down a peg. So much for the dynasty. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Looking at the comments in this thread you'd think the Bills just finished 2-14. How quickly the tune changes. 

False dichotomy. Acknowledging that the SB winners would have beaten us isn't the same as saying we suck.

Edited by WhoTom

I wouldn't want to face the Bucs if we get there next year.

A lot can change from season to season, but at this point, it's simply not fair:  when you have a player at the most important position in football who has been to TEN Super Bowls - half of the years of his career - it's a completely lopsided advantage.  You just can't match that with anything else. 

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I wouldn't want to face the Bucs if we get there next year.

A lot can change from season to season, but at this point, it's simply not fair:  when you have a player at the most important position in football who has been to TEN Super Bowls - half of the years of his career - it's a completely lopsided advantage.  You just can't match that with anything else. 

Playing against Brady in a single-elimination game gets into guys' heads. 

It's one thing to play him in October, where you're guaranteed a game next week no matter what. the aura is there, but not the same way.

But when it's the playoffs or Super Bowl, it is very very hard to beat his teams, because they will not beat themselves. 

• Agree 1

No.  The Bills Offensive live is average.  The Tampa Bay pass rush would have had a field day against it.  The Bills defense would have kept them in the game.  Bills know how to defense Brady.  Not that it helped but they knew how to play against him in the past.   

KC kept making mistakes in this game. Defensive penalties, including the one on the punt were huge.  Coaching mistakes like calling those timeouts at end of first half when Bucs had the ball as well as not able to adapt their offense.  I don't think Bills would have won but they might have matched up a little better. 

It would have been a closer game but I am too sure if the Bills would have won. I think Brady would have eaten this defenses lunch. Which means Josh would have had to put up 30ish to win and against a good defense that might have been hard. Overall though the Fisher injury sealed KC's fate and that's unfortunate because I think the game would have been much more competitive had they at least had Fisher.

13 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Didn't see it posted, but I'm guessing a lot of fans are wondering. 

My thoughts even before the AFC championship game were that KC was a awful matchup for the Bills and that if they had gotten by them, they would have beaten Tampa. After watching what the Bucs did to the Chiefs on both sides of the line, and comparing what those same Chiefs did to Buffalo's O and D lines, I'm not so sure now.

What really sucked was these refs today calling all the clear holding penalties the Chiefs were also committing against us two weeks ago.

Ahh, numerous times yesterday I was saying out loud, "why didn't the officials call that two weeks ago"?  I don't think the Bills would have beat the the Bucs, but I think we might have beaten KC if the officials called the same game that they did yesterday.