Phillip Rivers retiring

YoloinOhio

Really curious to see where the Colts pivot to next. Wentz would make a lot of sense given the connection with Reich, but the Eagles are at least portraying themselves as wanting to keep Wentz and build around him with a new coach. Likewise with the Jets and Darnold.

I can't imagine Houston would trade Watson to a division rival so he's probably not a real consideration there. They could theoretically go young and target Tua if the Dolphins really plan to move on from him so soon though Indy obviously has the money to sign someone as well so who knows.

Also curious to see if they believe in Jacob Eason or not. He was viewed as a potential 1st round pick for awhile before he ultimately slid to the 4th.

Just now, DCOrange said:

Really curious to see where the Colts pivot to next. Wentz would make a lot of sense given the connection with Reich, but the Eagles are at least portraying themselves as wanting to keep Wentz and build around him with a new coach. Likewise with the Jets and Darnold.

I can't imagine Houston would trade Watson to a division rival so he's probably not a real consideration there. They could theoretically go young and target Tua if the Dolphins really plan to move on from him so soon though Indy obviously has the money to sign someone as well so who knows.

Also curious to see if they believe in Jacob Eason or not. He was viewed as a potential 1st round pick for awhile before he ultimately slid to the 4th.

I think Wentz is the likely fit. I also think Indy might be the only team Wentz agrees to restructure for. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Hall of Very Good or Fame?

Very curious to see the route the Colts take at QB with their win-now roster and litany of cap space - Stafford and Garoppolo make sense as trade targets, and if Dallas lets Dak test the market, I don't see a better fit for him

He should be in the Hall of Fame.  Top five in both passing yards and touchdowns, more than Marino and Elway in both categories.   

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

For the love of all that is holy please don't let Dak end up in Indy. Jerry - please pay him and keep him away from the AFC.

I was having a discussion about individual QBs and different scenarios when the idea of Dallas not tagging him a second time came up and I thought of the Nightmare of Dak on an already loaded team.

Dak Prescott doesn't scare me one bit.

13 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He should be in the Hall of Fame.  Top five in both passing yards and touchdowns, more than Marino and Elway in both categories.   

I think he compares to HOF players with big stat numbers and no rings like Fouts and Moon. I think he'll get in. But the problem  moving forward is passing stats are going to be inflated. 

8 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Didn't the Eagles fire Pedersen because he wanted to move on from Wentz? Not saying it's a bad fit, just not sure he's actually available. 

I don't know. That was a report. We'll see. 

He's a Hall of Famer.

Like it or not, the guy was one of the best QB's in the league for almost two decades. Stinks that his team never went far in the post-season, but that didn't stop Dan Marino from making the Hall of Fame. 

Dan Marino: 61,361 Yards, 420 Passing TD's, 252 Int's

Phil Rivers: 63,440 Yards, 421 Passing TD's, 209 Int's.

Phil Rivers is a first ballot Hall of Famer and it's not even close.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, mannc said:

Wentz is finished.  He will be OOF by 2022.

So tell me what happened to him?  Is it injury? Coaching?  How can a person go from one fairly high level to where he is now?  Reich did do a good job with him so hard to just dismiss that. 

There's a good chance he could be gone, but think his past success will warrant him one more chance.  Guess it may depend on what a guy like Reich really thinks of him.

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So tell me what happened to him?  Is it injury? Coaching?  How can a person go from one fairly high level to where he is now?  Reich did do a good job with him so hard to just dismiss that. 

There's a good chance he could be gone, but think his past success will warrant him one more chance.  Guess it may depend on what a guy like Reich really thinks of him.

I don’t know what happened to Wentz, but he can’t play anymore. He was the worst starter in the league this year and everyone in Philly knew it. He seems to have had a mental crack-up and the stories coming out of there now are pretty bad.  I mean, it’s possible he’ll play well again, but I doubt it. He appears to be broken.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Curious as well as they have a strong roster. If they thought Love had any chance of being a starting QB they should call the Pack in the offseason because there is no way he sees the field in Green Bay anytime soon.

Also, I agree with poster above that Wentz is probably not available for cap issues but more importantly Iggles FO not ready to throw in the towel.