Playoff Game Postgame Thread

One thing to note: the refs did screw the colts at the end. After the Colts receiver got out of bounds with 19 seconds, they stopped the clock. They line up while the clock is stopped, and then five seconds before rivers snapped it, they started it! The bills called TO, and it was set to 14 seconds instead of 19 (which was the correct amount of time left). But still, it should never have come to that because FUMBLE.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

I think our team comes out better for this.  Winning a close game against a HOF QB (likely) and top D will give their confidence a boost but remind them "any given Sunday."   Josh also knows he almost blew it with that fumble.  Take the sack and hang onto the ball.  We likely lost Moss so do we see Yeldon or Williams next week?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, wvbillsfan said:

Not going to be negative. Don’t care how it looked. 

Great win. Survive and advance 

I had my eyes closed for that final Colts drive but I'm so glad we won. 

It laid to rest the stuff about Allen being a choker (imagine if they lost after that fumble?), and ended the drought for a playoff win and also allows me to enjoy the rest of the games this weekend without feeling like I want to slash my wrists 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Cowher just reported that Bass-o-Matic's 54 yarder was the longest FG by a rookie in the playoffs.

You probably heard him comment on Josh carrying the team on his shoulders---no pass rush, no run game, bad run D.....he's right on all counts.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dave mcbride said:

One thing to note: the refs did screw the colts at the end. After the Colts receiver got out of bounds with 19 seconds, they stopped the clock. They line up while the clock is stopped, and the n five seconds before rivers snapped it, they started it! The bills called TO, and it was set to 14 seconds instead of 19 (which was the correct amount of time left). But still, it should never have come to that because FUMBLE.

Yeah, I was confused by that.

1 minute ago, Drifter said:

The Colts offensive line is the real deal. I can't place a lot of blame on the D line.

And their D line was real.  It was actually amazing how Josh worked under that pressure.  He made one bad mistaake.  It was a 1st down.  He could have taken the sack and the 10 yard loss and live to fight another day.  He will learn

• Thank you (+1) 1