trump supporters

there are a lot of republicans whom may have voted for Trump whom are not in favor of what is happening right now in Washington DC I refuse to believe that. These are radicalized domestic terrorists not only enflamed but encouraged by Trump make no mistake about that

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, Muppy said:

there are a lot of republicans whom may have voted for Trump whom are not in favor of what is happening right now in Washington DC I refuse to believe that. These are radicalized domestic terrorists not only enflamed but encouraged by Trump make no mistake about that

it does not efing matter. this was foreseeable. if you doubt that, get your head out of the sand.

i've written off a best friend and a favorite uncle for life. they don't support terrorism or what is going on right now (presumably), but I hold them equally responsible. ***** them forever. dead to me.

They all should be arrested. 

Full stop.  

Their actions speak for me about as much as I'm sure Antifas or BLMs actions speak for all Biden voters.  

Just don't come in here with fake outrage over this while you were silent as those 2 groups burned down entire blocks of cities and the historic St. John's Episcopalian Church next to the White House.  Over events that often didn't happen the way the media portrayed them to happen.  Your biggest issue with that was Trump took a picture in front of it.

Again, these people should all be arrested.  Period.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Full stop.  

Their actions speak for me about as much as I'm sure Antifas or BLMs actions speak for all Biden voters.  

Just don't come in here with fake outrage over this while you were silent as those 2 groups burned down entire blocks of cities and the historic St. John's Episcopalian Church next to the White House.  Over events that often didn't happen the way the media portrayed them to happen.  Your biggest issue with that was Trump took a picture in front of it.

Mass arrests are warranted here for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Full stop.  

One group wants to not get shot by cops. The other group is attempting a coup of the government.

This wouldn’t be happening if the cops there treated these people committing treason the same as they treated BLM protesters.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Full stop.  

shut the ***** up. you are an idiot. 

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

It worked for your side, didn't it clown?

Make it a black and white issue and personally denigrate anyone on the “other” side. Classic. And you did it all in just one sentence, nicely done!

I believe in the right to assemble and protest, I do not believe in violence and destruction in the name of any assembly or protest. Simple, really.

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Ok but I know how to use proper sentence structure and appropriate capitalization.  

you are not a terrorist.

but you own some responsibility. for the rest of your ***** life.   I hope your grandkids piss on your grave in disgust. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

you are not a terrorist.

but you own some responsibility. for the rest of your ***** life.   I hope your grandkids piss on your grave in disgust. 

Not only that but he spreads misinformation on Covid-19. This guy is just pure garbage when it comes to this *****. 

I expect no less from a mindless horde of Trump.

• Like (+1) 1

...and this is where the GOP turning a blind eye and riding on the coat-tails of a populist fascist purveyor of hatred and conspiracies, who openly supports forceful suppression and armed conflict over peaceful democratic processes gets us.

When every Trump supporter I debated on this forum said he would never take it this far and I pointed to the psychological profile of a pathological narcissist and asked what makes them think he will gracefully cede power, or will not incite violence?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/moral-landscapes/202008/the-psychology-donald-trump

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 5

I'm a republican,not a trump supporter. I've already had family members reach out to me just to try and rub in my face how much worse this is then the BLM and democratic protests were. 

Let me make it 100% clear. What's happening right now is disgusting, pathetic and embarrassing.

Bu don't use it as an excuse for what happened over the summer, when cities were burned, businesses were destroyed, innocent people all over the country were attacked. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

I'm a republican,not a trump supporter. I've already had family members reach out to me just to try and run in my face how much worse this is then the BLM and democratic protests were. 

Let me make it 100% clear. Whats happening right now is disgusting, pathetic and embarrassing.

Bu don't use it as an excuse for what happened over the summer, when cities were burned, businesses were destroyed, innocent people all over the country were attacked. 

No one is. These two aren’t comparable. One was a violent protest the other is violent insurrection.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

I'm a republican,not a trump supporter. I've already had family members reach out to me just to try and rub in my face how much worse this is then the BLM and democratic protests were. 

Let me make it 100% clear. What's happening right now is disgusting, pathetic and embarrassing.

This is a coup attempt and its instigators should be tried for treason.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Process said:

And unarmed people shot and killed by police, don’t forget that 

6 hours ago, Process said:

The difference is those people were criminals with no push from political sides they did that themselves.

This is Trump who has been brainwashing his horde to be violent and do this very thing. This is his doing his seed he planted to destroy this country if they didn't vote him in 

Edited by TBBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

I live close enough to Portland to visit several times and I can tell you that the media does like sensationalizing events.

It was never as bad as it was made out, but I have never been a fan of the "defund the police rhetoric" and neither are business owners and folks that live in urban areas where protests and riots have become cyclical. They do want effective policing. This does not excuse the many police reforms that are needed, just that the pendulum does not have to swing to polar extremes for sane people to work out progressive, meaningful policies.

There were several peaceful protests where folks were playing music and barbecuing like it was a tailgate party, but there were certainly agitators, anarchists, and criminal opportunists - especially at night. So, I am pretty pragmatic in that I support local police AND the idea of transparency and policing reform too. I do not think they are mutually exclusive concepts. If there are more good cops out there than bad ones, they should embrace the ideas of body cameras and less Union leverage keeping poorly performing officers in uniform.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This is a coup attempt and its instigators should be tried for treason.

Slow roll the investigations and charges so these traitors can't be pardoned?

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah cuz our current system is working so well, thanks for the six hundo unkie sam. 

Bezos doesn't pay a penny in taxes and boeing gets 50 billion. But hey! Heres a handful of beans for all you little people. That oughta keep ya going til the spring 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I live close enough to Portland to visit several times and I can tell you that the media does like sensationalizing events.

It was never as bad as it was made out, but I have never been a fan of the "defund the police rhetoric" and neither are business owners and folks that live in urban areas where protests and riots have become cyclical. They do want effective policing. This does not excuse the many police reforms that are needed, just that the pendulum does not have to swing to polar extremes for sane people to work out progressive, meaningful policies.

There were several peaceful protests where folks were playing music and barbecuing like it was a tailgate party, but there were certainly agitators, anarchists, and criminal opportunists - especially at night. So, I am pretty pragmatic in that I support local police AND the idea of transparency and policing reform too. I do not think they are mutually exclusive concepts. If there are more good cops out there than bad ones, they should embrace the ideas of body cameras and less Union leverage keeping poorly performing officers in uniform.

This is a good post on some levels, it's probably where most of us in the middle agree.  Personally, when taken as a whole, I view law enforcement as a whole of being guilty of systemic heroism at their best, consistently decent citizenship on the whole.  I base that primarily on the numbers--millions of fellow citizens doing the job, tens of millions of interactions each year, and stories like the officers clearing the area around the Nashville bomb at great risk to themselves. 

On the body camera issue, a client of mine is a police office who was talking to me about this a couple years ago.  His thought echoed what many police officers thought then--that body cameras would vindicate officers far more frequently than not, and for those that were not vindicated--that was a good thing.  His response was pretty much on point--the body camera footage was not going to reveal what the liberal left was hoping it would on a wide spread basis. 

I haven't talked with him in a while, but I'm wondering what he feels now that the rules of engagement are being changed as we speak.  The Jakob Blake case comes to mind where, from the perspective of the police officer--the best course of action was actually not to respond at all. 

As for Portland, I don't know, I guess whether or not the protests were mostly peaceful sorta depends on whether or not you were directly impacted by the lawlessness.  

What we can agree on is that more training would not hurt, a clarification of the rules of engagement would make sense so that well-intentioned people would know whether or not the occupation was worth pursuing, and off-loading domestic violence calls to counselors will certain reduce the potential for officer-involved shootings.  

On this note:  https://dailygazette.com/2020/11/17/former-schenectady-county-jail-guard-arrested-for-attack-that-left-detainee-hospitalized/

I knew this young man and his family on a casual basis up until he was 20 or 21.  His family remains friendly with friends of mine.  Nice enough kid, comes from a good family (near as I can tell), and yet he apparently assaulted a prisoner in custody.  I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want this type of job for a number of reasons, but it does make me wonder how the heck he got so far off the rails as to end up in this predicament. Would all the training in the world prevent this?  I don't think so.  

• Like (+1) 1