NFLPA Pres seeks to permanently end OTAs and minicamps

StHustle

NFLPA President JC Tretter thinks the quality of play hasn't been affected enough to justify ever having minicamps or OTAs ever again. He thinks it's not worth the extra wear and tear on players' bodies.

I never considered these non contact events as being of the wear and tear variety and would rather not see them go. However, I can see both sides of the argument and definitely can't complain about how not having OTAs and minicamps have affected this season considering the Bills are having their best year since the Glory Days.

Your thoughts?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30629360/nflpa-president-jc-tretter-seeks-end-minicamps-otas

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

NFLPA President JC Tretter thinks the quality of play hasn't been affected enough to justify ever having minicamps or OTAs ever again. He thinks it's not worth the extra wear and tear on players' bodies.

I never considered these non contact events as being of the wear and tear variety and would rather not see them go. However, I can see both sides of the argument and definitely can't complain about how not having OTAs and minicamps have affected this season considering the Bills are having their best year since the Glory Days.

Your thoughts?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30629360/nflpa-president-jc-tretter-seeks-end-minicamps-otas

The Bills had more returning starters than a lot of teams. Players have been talking about the difficulty of getting everyone on the same page without this all year.

• Like (+1) 2

We should just not even allow these guys to get together until 1 week before the season starts... You know to prevent wear and tear.

Did Tretter talk about giving the players less money for them having less to do?

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Your thoughts?

I don't think teams ever intend to put wear and tear on the players bodies, keep them in shape physically and mentally, yes.  Beat them up, no.  I think this is just the reason they are using to get a hall pass longer in the offseason.   The owners will give something up here since it has no affect on revenues.  More guys will get out of shape in the offseason, everyone will have to deal with it in some way shape or form.  

Zoom calls have wear and tear on your eyes, they should cut back on those.

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You need to try out for an NFL team yo!  Live the easy life. 

where do i sign up? i will never be on tv getting arrested ill just sit home and mind my business when not working. so i got that going for me.

• Haha (+1) 2

I wouldn't have a problem getting rid of that stuff.

Get rid of the pre-season, too, please.

Add more regular season games if necessary, that's fine! 

There aren't enough games in the regular season anyone.

And remember, you don't have to get hit to put mileage on the odometer.

These guys are running themselves down all the time and injuries often result from non-contact and only the injured player being involved.

37 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Your thoughts?

seriously?

leave the camps alone 

Just cut Preseason to 2 games and be done with it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

seriously?

leave the camps alone 

Just cut Preseason to 2 games and be done with it. 

This is why they never hire the union workers to be union reps or get promoted to management. We would go from 8 jobs a day to 3, which would be great but it will never happen.