John Brown to IR

BillsMafi$

52 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Everyone talks about Stefon Diggs, but John Brown is the player who frees up Diggs to perform. Without Brown, our offense struggles because we lose the favorable matchups. Losing Brown to injured reserve really throws this Buffalo season into questionable territory going forward. You saw what happened against the Titans and Chiefs without Brown. Will be interesting to see if the Bills can find a way to score points. Two key starters to IR this week coming out of the bye. Not what the Bills were expecting!

Better figure out how to run the ball.

• Like (+1) 2

Good.  

Schefters tweet implies we’re expecting this to be the 3 game minimum. 

Stop playing games with him when he’s clearly been hobbled.  

Force other guys to step up and get Brown back for the stretch run/playoffs. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Everyone talks about Stefon Diggs, but John Brown is the player who frees up Diggs to perform. Without Brown, our offense struggles because we lose the favorable matchups. Losing Brown to injured reserve really throws this Buffalo season into questionable territory going forward. You saw what happened against the Titans and Chiefs without Brown. Will be interesting to see if the Bills can find a way to score points. Two key starters to IR this week coming out of the bye. Not what the Bills were expecting!

Brown has been injured most of the year.  
He exited early against the Rams and we put up 35.  Davis I think had almost 100 yards in the first half.

We have struggles with and without Brown at times.

• Like (+1) 1

If there is any consolation here, it’s that the staff knew this move was coming or was a very possible scenario for a while now. You’d hope that they’ve taken this into account in their extended time off and implemented their game plan to adjust accordingly. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Bills NEED to find a way to win against the Chargers and 49ers without Brown. I think Brown was super-key for hopes of an upset against Pittsburgh, so that's probably not happening now. Need to find a way to 9-4 before getting Brown back.

From "day to day" to IR. So mind-numbingly frustrating coming out of the bye when you're hoping to be at full strength.

The Chargers and 49ers are much more injured than we are.

37 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And I thought his regular season was pretty much over immediately after that injury in Arizona.........and seeing as we aren't allowed to have information until the last minute with this regime.......I have been waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

I don't expect him back until the New England game.........it's a 4-6 week injury but for a small WR it should be AT LEAST a 6 week injury if you expect them to get their full speed and quickness back.

This puts them back closer to they were personnel-wise in their October slide so should be a good test to see if Allen/Daboll are able to adapt better this time. 

I was kind of faked out (as was Banged Up, apparently) by this Insta post.  It's pretty incredible to me that a guy with a high ankle sprain can do this.

https://bangedupbills.com/

I believe a key difference vs. the "October slide" will be the continued absence of the "linebacker brace" from Josh Allen's L shoulder and his continued absence from the injury report.

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Yah that still doesn’t make me feel any better with soon Pittsburgh coming to town , 

Our offense has deeper problems if we lose a guard and #2 WR and can’t score.  We should be 9-3 when we play Pittsburgh.

The 49ers are down like 5-6 legitimate starters and the Chargers are missing their top 3 defensive players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Bad news but right decision. I said it in the Arizona GTD.... he has been playing on one leg even before he got hurt in that game.

I would rather they do this and get him healthy then keep letting him drag one leg behind him on the field every week.......

Someone talk to me about Kumerow (sp) he is a speed guy?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Our offense has deeper problems if we lose a guard and #2 WR and can’t score.  We should be 9-3 when we play Pittsburgh.

The 49ers are down like 5-6 legitimate starters and the Chargers are missing their top 3 defensive players.

I agree ^^^ 

someone needs to step up but who ?