John Brown to IR

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I saw Kumerow have a big day as a receiver for the Pack catching A rodgers pitches.  He is not a speed guy, but was a tough physical receiver.  And, he plays special teams, so he can help out a couple of ways.  I was surprised the Pack let him go, and was happy when the Bills picked him up.  (they must have seen the same game I saw.)  Unfortunately, since I like Duke, I have to acknowledge that Jake looks faster than Duke and does the special teams thing....so, he gets the call instead of Duke.  Duke might have a role if the put in a couple of plays to use his special size......

So to that point...here's a clip of Kumerow in Pack vs Carolina

1) he lays down a really good block to spring a nice run.  Solid block.

2) good short catch, makes guys miss and gets the 1st down

3) lays a nice lick on ST, makes the tackle

Speed-wise Kumerow is similar to Gabe Davis, ran a 4.54 40 and a slightly faster cone drill (6.9).  6'4" and has a 30+" vertical

Kumerow is wearing #16

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

My guess is we won't see Brown until next season.  I think the Bills want to get him completely healed up.  Kumerow is a completely different kind of receiver.  It will be interesting to see if Daboll uses Kumerow, and if so, how.

Teams don’t have any tape on him in the Bills system, so that could be to our advantage.  He’s going to have a memorable game tomorrow.  He can run Smokes deep routes and help clear things out for Diggs. 

7 minutes ago, Process said:

I just don't expect him to actually play much offense I guess. Still behind diggs beas davis and mckenzie and they'll sprinkle in roberts some as well.

Could happen.  But Daboll also likes to go for the surprise factor to mix things up.  He did it with Duke Williams vs Tenn last year, saw him targetted 4 for 4, 29 yds and a TD.  The Bills practice pictures feature Kumerow making a nice focused "look it in" hands catch and then doing a handshake with Allen.

Part of the issue with the run game IMHO has been with the spread offense and even the 1 1 set, it demands good blocking from the TE and WR.  And our run blocking has been sketchy from those guys, to say the least.  Davis is usually willing, but he just doesn't bring it yet.

Roberts can really block nicely and so can Kumerow.  So it wouldn't surprise me (knowing Daboll) to see a 1-0 set featuring Roberts and Kumerow that uses them to run block - and then later in the game uses them as WR

7 minutes ago, Putin said:

I would love to see Davis step up and have a big game like 100 yards and a TD , would be nice to have something positive moving forward 

That would be great!

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

Thanks for posting that. I don't see why people think it's a stretch to see Roberts on the field in certain packages.

Speaking of stretch.....this was a nice stretch.

Just a big-boy "WR was right where QB expected him to be", look-it-in, hang on in the face of good defense, piece of "toe-drag swag"

It would have been nice if Roberts made or defensed that first catch instead of letting it go off his shoulder pads but it wasn't a perfect throw.  People watch that "aw *****" and forget there have been "attaboys"

image.thumb.png.14ec2366aa443e5524db547775d871b3.png

image.thumb.png.008d6d0a776fc21a536213c667eeafa0.png

image.thumb.png.4453ad75cfd35f49e806f5458bf80fd2.png

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Logic said:

McKenzie and Beasley will have a big day tomorrow, I predict.

I'm surprised no one else had mentioned McKenzie more that our future HOFer Kumerow.  The little guy seems to have a knack for making some nice plays and I'm surprised we haven't tried to use him more this year.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

For f*** sake this is the best Bills season that I can’t take anymore. 

If for no other reason coming back from a bye seemingly more injured than you were before it.

You, sir, have hit the nail on the head. 

This season is a monkey’s paw wish from the drought. When loss that drops us to 7-3 is unbearable. Having a Bills QB in the top 5 in passing merely highlights our running game struggles. Our center who is probably top 5 in the league, and whom we paid a kings ransom for has been cleared, but he’s merely “in the mix.” 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Beasley yes, McKenzie might get 5 or 6 touches at most (and I like him as a player).

You’re probably right about the amount of touches he gets....but that doesn’t mean he can’t have a big day. We’ve all seen him get a sweep or pop pass or drag and taken them 40 yards.

Yet another rough passing day without John Brown.

Speed is that critical.

With Brown having 3 injuries and going into the final year of his contract at age 31 in 2021 a very fast deep threat is probably need #1 for this team in the offseason.

They haven't been able to mask the deficiency when they don't have that deep threat. 

Diggs is a WR1 but he's unfortunately not that electric guy who can either catch a short pass and elude tackles or get over the top with any consistency.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Diggs is a WR1 but he's unfortunately not that electric guy who can either catch a short pass and elude tackles or get over the top with any consistency.

Not when half the secondary is keyed on him nearly every down.

He might as well be wearing a bell for as much attention as he's getting.

• Haha (+1) 1