Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

22 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I haven’t been quick to say “forfeit” on any game, but i think this should be the first.  They will seriously have to jack up the Pittsburgh schedule to get this one in, and that’s not fair. 

Why - the Titans screwed up 2 of our games and the Pittsburgh game and the NFL did not force a forfeit.

Move the game to Tuesday/Wednesday and then move back Pittsburgh/Baltimore’s next game to Monday/Tuesday if needed.

I thought the Titans should of forfeited against us, but if they can jerk around multiple teams and play on weird nights for the Bills earlier then they can do it here also - get the game in.

I will be interested to see because this is the work of 1 bad coach and just spreading within the team from that.  The Titans was a coach and a PS player that had not been cleared, but the real harm was when the team did not follow protocol and practiced together outside the facility.  To me that situation warranted a forfeit way before this one.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Not gonna happen. Not only did they not punish the titans, they went out of the way on the broadcast to praise them for their tenacity. Crap happens. BMORE will lose anyways now without Ljax

i think they basically used the titans as a warning to teams that if they violate protocol going forward, there may be forfeits. So if they are serious about what they said, this is precisely the situation where you forfeit. 

“Protocol violations that result in virus spread requiring adjustments to the schedule or otherwise impacting other teams will result in additional financial and competitive discipline, including the adjustment or loss of draft choices or even the forfeit of a game,” Goodell wrote in the memo obtained by the Associated Press.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-10-05/roger-goodell-nfl-coronavirus-protocol-violations-forfeits

Ravens can play on Tuesday, and adjust the NFL schedule accordingly.  

We got jerked around, Pats had to play without Cam, Raiders had to play KC with no practice and the 49ers had to play without half of their team.  

Everyone else has managed to mitigate this since the train wreck that was the Titans, and here’s my utter lack of surprise that it’s a team like the Ravens, with their constant yapping and in-fighting that becomes train wreck #2.   

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ravens can play on Tuesday, and adjust the NFL schedule accordingly.  

We got jerked around, Pats had to play without Cam, Raiders had to play KC with no practice and the 49ers had to play without half of their team.  

Everyone else has managed to mitigate this since the train wreck that was the Titans, and here’s my utter lack of surprise that it’s a team like the Ravens, with their constant yapping and in-fighting that becomes train wreck #2.   

The way it's going they may still be getting positives on Tuesday....

With the titans they not only had to cancel a game but move the FOLLOWING game to Tuesday. 

Edited by Process

50 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i think they basically used the titans as a warning to teams that if they violate protocol going forward, there may be forfeits. So if they are serious about what they said, this is precisely the situation where you forfeit. 

“Protocol violations that result in virus spread requiring adjustments to the schedule or otherwise impacting other teams will result in additional financial and competitive discipline, including the adjustment or loss of draft choices or even the forfeit of a game,” Goodell wrote in the memo obtained by the Associated Press.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-10-05/roger-goodell-nfl-coronavirus-protocol-violations-forfeits

Teams should be sacrificing picks to team they force game move to or choose to forfeit

Let the penalty be in football - yards or loss of down.

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Titans choose to work remotely too in violation of rules.

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

We need the Ravens to be at their best to beat the Steelers so don't know why that is bad.

The Bills aren’t going to catch the Steelers in the standings if that’s your reasoning here. Not going to happen. I’m putting the Ravens in the same category with the Titans, they broke protocols and don’t deserve this special treatment from the league. They deserve to be punished. Hope it happens soon.