Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How do certain teams gets the games moved and others get nothing? The bills had to play the cardinals and got completely ***** over with the Titans/Chiefs games. The patriots got a game pushed? Now Baltimore...I guess it depends on who you are.

I don't believe it's about the Bills getting hosed.  Sunday games are not getting moved unless there are extreme numbers of positives.  

The real screw job was against the SF 49ers a couple Thursday's ago.  They were forced to play Green Bay on a Thursday night when their roster was all messed up.  Since both teams were off on the following Sunday it should have been moved (as people suggested at the time).  I'm thinking since there are two other games on Thanksgiving the NFL felt it was ok to move this one...plus why put the Steelers in harms way when other Ravens players (not known yet) could test positive.

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s bull####. You either move every game (that’s effected) or you move none. You can’t just pick and choose who gets extra time to get healthy. Teams have had to play without starters. Sorry. Do your best.

Exactly!! Why didn't they move the Cardinals game after the Bills got hit with Covid?

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

There hasn’t been any transparency about what justifies a move and what doesn’t. The Steelers are getting banged while the Ravens get to rest and hopefully have some of their close contacts back, meanwhile, we played with like 1.5 NFL cornerbacks.

The NFL is just trying to make it work and "fair" is going to have to be tossed out the window during this black swan pandemic.  It sucks but it beats no football.

At least a few weeks back, happened mid week so were able to switch a Sunday afternoon game to Sunday night.  This time  to late to have some team move from Sunday back to Thursday. 

Admittedly was expecting this to happen, but bad to hear as this was the only good game Thursday.  Really hard to understand why the league picked such week games for Thursday.  OK get it Dallas and Detroit are hosting and at least Dallas was supposed to be good this year, but why pick a game against Washington as no one was expecting them to be very good.  Seems like every 2 to 3 years we have the Washington Dallas game on Thanksgiving too.  By the time the schedule came out, Texans had already traded Hopkins so there too, knew it was a risky game to show.

I know the argument has always been when they first went to Thanksgiving games, Dallas and Detroit were the only ones willing to host the game so that's why they don't want to yank it away from them now, but hard to get excited about these two games.

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

The Patriots could complain too when they lost Cam Newton due to Covid. Not that am siding with the Patriots but you're right that consistency is not there. 

there’s a big difference between 7 positive tests in 3 days and a player testing positive with and exposure risk or two around the roster. 

the nfl is doing the opposite of picking favorites here, where it would get real sketchy if the made calls based on quality of players effected

large scale positive testing with risk of full on outbreak- shut down the facility and evaluate scheduling based on reopening schedule

a positive test with a few exposed is business as usual 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How do certain teams gets the games moved and others get nothing? The bills had to play the cardinals and got completely ***** over with the Titans/Chiefs games. The patriots got a game pushed? Now Baltimore...I guess it depends on who you are.

how many positive tests did we have and how long was our facility closed?

I think it has to do with TV contracts. Fox has a mini slate of Thursday prime time games. Moving them to Sunday reduces  viewership. NBC has a huge slate of games and is more likely to consider a move. The 49ers were decimated for that game and forced to play. The Steelers and Bills both have been jerked around. Participants Steelers losing their true bye.