Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I believe it is so the ravens can practice 

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not just so the Ravens can practice, but to give any further positive tests a chance to surface.

well, it’s going to be a “great game” with the Ravens missing like 8 guys, including their two best RBs and several key other players. Unless the Ravens brought this on themselves (and there’s no evidence of that), I think they ought to push this out and juggle the entire NFL schedule.

it seems like other teams have been accommodated a lot more than the Ravens here. For example, Titans had 5 positives of players and got their game with the Steelers moved. (And of course the titans got two

additional games moved too). 

4 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

well, it’s going to be a “great game” with the Ravens missing like 8 guys, including their two best RBs and several key other players. Unless the Ravens brought this on themselves (and there’s no evidence of that), I think they ought to push this out and juggle the entire NFL schedule.

it seems like other teams have been accommodated a lot more than the Ravens here. For example, Titans had 5 positives of players and got their game with the Steelers moved. (And of course the titans got two

additional games moved too). 

There aren’t bye weeks left to juggle for this one. You are advocating for pushing the playoffs back at this point. Which I’m not saying is right or wrong, just need to point out what you are really asking for 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

The problem being, no consistency.  

why was this game postponed, but the Bills game last week not?  We lost 4 players.  The niners had a game where they were missing 6.  The picking and choosing which games get postponed is the problem imo.  

I don’t know what to say. Is six the magic number? Missing 7 and you postpone? What if all six are your top 6 OLinemen? What if it’s all 3 QB’s? This is a mess, there is no good answer and I’m glad we have gotten this far, to be honest. 

As long as the Bills are all healthy for the Super Bowl I’ll say it was a mess well managed! What a crazy year. 

We still have the thrill of watching the Cowboys and the Lions.............yay

Edited by Augie

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know what to say. Is six the magic number? Missing 7 and you postpone? What if all six are your top 6 OLinemen? What if it’s all 3 QB’s? This is a mess, there is no good answer and I’m glad we have gotten this far, to be honest. 

As long as the Bills are all healthy for the Super Bowl I’ll say it was a mess well managed! What a crazy year. 

Missing 6 through contact tracing after a positive and having 7 positive tests creates very different issues. Teams can’t practice once you hit enough positive tests because facilities are closed. 

this game isn’t postponed due to the number out,  Or a position decimated, it’s postponed to evaluate spread and hopefully let the team practice before playing 

Edited by NoSaint

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Missing 6 through contact tracing after a positive and having 7 positive tests creates very different issues. Teams can’t practice once you hit enough positive tests because facilities are closed. 

this game isn’t postponed due to the number out,  Or a position decimated, it’s postponed to evaluate spread and hopefully let the team practice before playing 

I get that, and my point is every situation is going to be different. There is no way to have a perfectly consistent model with so many possible scenarios. We will just do the best we can, and I’m thankful we have gotten this far, to be honest.

Just now, Augie said:

I get that, and my point is every situation is going to be different. There is no way to have a perfectly consistent model with so many possible scenarios. We will just do the best we can, and I’m thankful we have gotten this far, to be honest.

I get it, but given the last few pages thought it worthwhile to underscore how wide the gap is between this and most of the examples it’s being compared to... there’s no perfect method but we aren’t even in the ballpark of apples to apples with these 

18 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

There aren’t bye weeks left to juggle for this one. You are advocating for pushing the playoffs back at this point. Which I’m not saying is right or wrong, just need to point out what you are really asking for 

good point. Just seems to be unfair To a lot of teams, and I suspect we will see these big outbreaks happen a lot over the next 4-6 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

well, it’s going to be a “great game” with the Ravens missing like 8 guys, including their two best RBs and several key other players. Unless the Ravens brought this on themselves (and there’s no evidence of that)

I'll put it out there.  It's actually a bit marginal to have what happened to the Bills go down - Player D gets covid and takes out most of the position group as contacts, or Player J gets covid and takes out a good number of the position group.  Without knowing the specifics of the NFL's contact tracing policy (and how it is influenced by state and local regs), this isn't necessarily doing anything wrong -  but it shouldn't happen. 

Teams should treat it like a giant real-time role playing game.  Play "Beat the Kinexion: all day, every day.  It's the sort of stuff my kid and her roommates and the kids she TAs have to play every day.  Space out in the classroom so that no one qualifies as a close contact, one gets covid-19 and the rest don't have to quarantine.  When socializing in someone's home, spread out and stay masked except when actually eating.  It sucks, but they've gotten used to it.  Friendships form, romance blooms, kidding around and games happen, life goes on.

On the other hand...Sorry, but when you have Titans-like numbers of players and coaches or Ravens-like numbers of players and coaches going out with covid-19 all at once....

Yeah, the probabilities are high they brought it on themselves. 

It was acknowledged the Titans compliance wasn't high enough and the NFL added some new rules afterwards.  Now it's coming out, the Ravens actually had a S&C coach fail to report symptoms, fail to stay masked, and fail to wear his contact tracker per regulations.    Listen up doofus, my 88 year old mom with heart failure can have to stay masked 24 hrs a day, every day, while in hospital except while actually eating.  It sucked, but she's a fragile 88 yr old lady, you're a young healthy stud and you can't figure it out?  That's BullCrap, sorry.  Ravens have to play a short handed game?  Cry Me a River.