Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'll put it out there.  It's actually a bit marginal to have what happened to the Bills go down - Player D gets covid and takes out most of the position group as contacts, or Player J gets covid and takes out a good number of the position group.  Without knowing the specifics of the NFL's contact tracing policy (and how it is influenced by state and local regs), this isn't necessarily doing anything wrong -  but it shouldn't happen. 

Teams should treat it like a giant real-time role playing game.  Play "Beat the Kinexion: all day, every day.  It's the sort of stuff my kid and her roommates and the kids she TAs have to play every day.  Space out in the classroom so that no one qualifies as a close contact, one gets covid-19 and the rest don't have to quarantine.  When socializing in someone's home, spread out and stay masked except when actually eating.  It sucks, but they've gotten used to it.  Friendships form, romance blooms, kidding around and games happen, life goes on.

On the other hand...Sorry, but when you have Titans-like numbers of players and coaches or Ravens-like numbers of players and coaches going out with covid-19 all at once....

Yeah, the probabilities are high they brought it on themselves. 

It was acknowledged the Titans compliance wasn't high enough and the NFL added some new rules afterwards.  Now it's coming out, the Ravens actually had a S&C coach fail to report symptoms, fail to stay masked, and fail to wear his contact tracker per regulations.    Listen up doofus, my 88 year old mom with heart failure can have to stay masked 24 hrs a day, every day, while in hospital except while actually eating.  It sucked, but she's a fragile 88 yr old lady, you're a young healthy stud and you can't figure itout?  That's BullCrap, sorry.  Ravens have to play a short handed game?  Cry Me a River.

this isn’t about a short handed game. The same people are out Thursday or Sunday 

the issue is the facility is closed and they need to practice at least a tiny bit before kicking off.

12 minutes ago, Dafan said:

Vegas had how many players in covid protocol this past week and still had to play KC?  Ravens should be forced to play as well. 

the plan is for them to play like 3 days delayed. You know, so the league can figure out risk levels, contain the outbreak, and let them practice a couple times.

the issue isn’t the number in protocol it’s the number of actual positives 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

this isn’t about a short handed game. The same people are out Thursday or Sunday 

the issue is the facility is closed and they need to practice at least a tiny bit before kicking off.

Same thing I said about Titans - practice elsewhere.

Teams responsible should not be punished for irresponsible teams. 

Good thing for Steelers fans is fans allowed so no fans who made plans to attend and messed up.

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Again, so many variations. The Bills had to prepare for the Titans.........AND the Chiefs. We didn’t know WHO to practice FOR. It’s not a normal year, everybody will have to just adapt and do their best. “Ideal” and “fair” went out the window a long time ago. I’m sure most teams will have a legit complaint at some point.

When we win the Super Bowl, this will all be worth it!  

Edited by Augie

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Same thing I said about Titans - practice elsewhere.

The facility hasn't become infested.  The point is that when positive tests are popping up throughout the team, preventing a further outbreak requires the players and coaches to minimize the contacts that occur during practices.

"Practice elsewhere" misses the point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wasn’t the expanded PS done for the purpose of compensating for this very situation.... the  answer is, yes, yes it was, make these teams play back ups and make do players, and play the damn games. To da-n bad for the teams that have guys out. The league is so soft when it comes to this. They don’t follow their own policies, not that I’m shocked, as they rarely do... just another nail in casket of the legitimacy of the league. 

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On the other hand...Sorry, but when you have Titans-like numbers of players and coaches or Ravens-like numbers of players and coaches going out with covid-19 all at once....

Yeah, the probabilities are high they brought it on themselves. 

It was acknowledged the Titans compliance wasn't high enough and the NFL added some new rules afterwards.  Now it's coming out, the Ravens actually had a S&C coach fail to report symptoms, fail to stay masked, and fail to wear his contact tracker per regulations.    Listen up doofus, my 88 year old mom with heart failure can have to stay masked 24 hrs a day, every day, while in hospital except while actually eating.  It sucked, but she's a fragile 88 yr old lady, you're a young healthy stud and you can't figure itout?  That's BullCrap, sorry.  Ravens have to play a short handed game?  Cry Me a River.

I just came back here to post about the Ravens coach— just saw it on ESPN. You are right. Kind of ridiculous, especially with how much rides on all these teams following the protocols. 

I am pretty sure too this wouldn’t have happened if the NFL laid the hammer on the titans earlier this year— suspensions, loss of picks, massive fines. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I just came back here to post about the Ravens coach— just saw it on ESPN. You are right. Kind of ridiculous, especially with how much rides on all these teams following the protocols. 

I am pretty sure too this wouldn’t have happened if the NFL laid the hammer on the titans earlier this year— suspensions, loss of picks, massive fines. 

They were practicing off site against rules.

Forfeits! 

The treatment of Titans is a perfect example on how not to handle outbreak and send message "We are serious".

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Wasn’t the expanded PS done for the purpose of compensating for this very situation.... the  answer is, yes, yes it was, make these teams play back ups and make do players, and play the damn games. To da-n bad for the teams that have guys out. The league is so soft when it comes to this. They don’t follow their own policies, not that I’m shocked, as they rarely do... just another nail in casket of the legitimacy of the league. 

that’s exactly what is likely to happen if they can show the outbreak is contained. The ravens will play just as short handed as they would’ve Thursday but both teams will have a level of confidence they aren’t lined up with infected people on the field and the ravens will be able to get a couple practices in when the facility reopens 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Again, so many variations. The Bills had to prepare for the Titans.........AND the Chiefs. We didn’t know WHO to practice FOR. It’s not a normal year, everybody will have to just adapt and do their best. “Ideal” and “fair” went out the window a long time ago. I’m sure most teams will have a legit complaint at some point.

When we win the Super Bowl, this will all be worth it!  

We got absolutely screwed for our Titan game. The shield decided to give Tennessee all the advantage. Both the Titans and Ravens should've been forced to use their PS players anyway, regardless of whether the had enough practice time. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Terrible Post - that is exactly what they are doing.  They are following their policy - several positives came up - they are tracing the contact and working to determine cause (turns out it was a coach).

Now they need to isolate players and find any additional positives prior to allowing them to travel or play to minimize the spread.

They are properly delaying the game 3 days and the Ravens will be missing the same people (and perhaps more) as Thursday night.

I do not see what people are missing - they are not pushing the game back to give time for guys to get back - it is to identify positives and limit transmission any further.

This is very much akin to what happened with the Titans and the situation is 100% different than what the Bills just went through.  The Bills had 1 positive test in Norman (did not seem to come from the facility) and they had several “close contacts” based on tracing that had to sit because there was not enough time between exposure and game to be cleared (none of them seemed to become positive meaning the protocols are working).

The Ravens (like the Titans) had a coach that did not properly report symptoms and spread it to several players that have all now tested positive.  Now they are contact tracing and have to determine how many others might be impacted.  They also need the ectra couple of days for any additional stragglers to become positive.

This is part of their policy and is exactly what they should be doing.  Unfortunately (just like Buffalo earlier in the season) their opponent also gets screwed and it is unfair, but they have to do the Best they can.

8 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They can cry about it, but they are lucky to be playing at all this year. Given the circumstance, this is what they signed up for. There are a lot more people in far worse situations from the pandemic. The players need to grow up.

On this great day of Thanks Giving, they have to be grateful that they are even playing and earning their paychecks and the NFL is doing everything to keep them safe.   People in the entire world are dying because they don't have a job, they can't get an ambulance, they can't get a hospital bed and they can't even see their family to say their good byes...

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I do not see what people are missing - they are not pushing the game back to give time for guys to get back - it is to identify positives and limit transmission any further.

this.