Ravens-Steelers now postponed to Wednesday 3:40 pm

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Listen up!

Please take a sec and re-read @SDS prohibition on general covid-19 comments in the main boards

NFL specific only

Thanks

That Is All.

On 11/29/2020 at 1:14 PM, Bubba Gump said:

Bottom line is the NFL isn't consistent in anything it does. Never has been.

I think the NFL has done a good job this year.  A bunch of teams have gotten a tough break, us included, but overall they've handled this about as well as I could expect them to. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not surprising with the NFL postponing their practice today to keep the facility closed.

This is going to impact games next week to - sort of what I thought might happen earlier.

I could see a Wednesday game with them pushing back both teams games next week to Monday (Ravens already there) and then looking at Bills Steelers and seeing if that needs to go back to Monday with the Ravens/Browns.  It would suck, but they have to get these games in.

Bill Cowher mentioned yesterday that maybe its time for the NFL to look into going into a bubble. It worked for the NHL and NBA playoffs. Weather is getting colder and virus cases are on the rise.  It may be the only way to get all games in and have it be fair from a competitive standpoint. It would be a pain in the ass thing to do but they might not have a choice.

Just now, Greg S said:

Bill Cowher mentioned yesterday that maybe its time for the NFL to look into going into a bubble. It worked for the NHL and NBA playoffs. Weather is getting colder and virus cases are on the rise.  It may be the only way to get all games in and have it be fair from a competitive standpoint. It would be a pain in the ass thing to do but they might not have a choice.

They have to get buy in from the NFLPA and they blocked it earlier in the year.

My guess is they would agree for more money, but with the league losing a boatload - I just do not see it.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I think the NFL has done a good job this year.  A bunch of teams have gotten a tough break, us included, but overall they've handled this about as well as I could expect them to. 

What teams have actually gotten a tough break, Bills for having to gamelan for two games and Denver not having a qb. Seems that the other teams are going the "infect, don't protect" route to get their starters back in the game whenever it happens. 

Yes teams have missed a few guys here and there, like we did against the cards, but it seems like the protocol is being violated and then violated more to help themselves and hurt the other teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I don't see how a centralized bubble or bubbles can work.  As I understand it, both grass fields and artificial turf cannot handle multiple games in a day or even days.  So you likely need multiple cities with multiple fields that can handle an NFL game.  LA comes to mind with the Coliseum, Rose Bowl, SoFi, wherever the hell the Chargers played last year.  College teams are still playing so that might not even be an option.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Game is now moved to Wednesday after 4 additional positives for Baltimore...

See post just above yours.  

I'll be interested in the following Sunday.  Will those games be moved or will Ravens and Steelers have to play on really short weeks.  Fortunately, both teams are at home and they both play the NFC east.

Just now, ngbills said:

So what happens to PIT next game and with the Bills the following week? They play Wed and then have the Sunday game moved to Monday? Or do they push that game to the end of the year and Steelers get extra time for the Bills?

They are not pushing to the end of the year.  

My guess is they play Wednesday and then the following Monday and then our game as scheduled. 

They could also do have a Monday night double header Bills/Steelers & Ravens/Browns and let NBC and then ESPN show the games.

My guess is NBC would not be happy, but they will get the games in.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't see how a centralized bubble or bubbles can work.  As I understand it, both grass fields and artificial turf cannot handle multiple games in a day or even days.  So you likely need multiple cities with multiple fields that can handle an NFL game.  LA comes to mind with the Coliseum, Rose Bowl, SoFi, wherever the hell the Chargers played last year.  College teams are still playing so that might not even be an option.  

Even if they works out good luck keeping people from breaking the rules. Should be interesting 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

What teams have actually gotten a tough break, Bills for having to gamelan for two games and Denver not having a qb. Seems that the other teams are going the "infect, don't protect" route to get their starters back in the game whenever it happens. 

Yes teams have missed a few guys here and there, like we did against the cards, but it seems like the protocol is being violated and then violated more to help themselves and hurt the other teams. 

Was saying that weeks ago.  Yes the players are taking a risk like those partiers in Texas but sometimes people are just stupid.

I was offered to be part of a clinical study for testing but turned it down.

8 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I bet a lot of money the Bills will get jobbed somehow.

I guess they are catching the break with playing the 49ers at a neutral site. 

It is not a neutral site - it is site which 49ers play at every year and have plans established for including hotels.

17 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Even if they works out good luck keeping people from breaking the rules. Should be interesting 

They already had one player let go for trying to bring in a girl when I team was supposed to be in isolation.