Trouble in Ravens Paradise - Marquise Brown growing Frustrated with Role

MAJBobby

Big things were expected from him this year, but he just doesn't have the type of QB/offensive system to consistently take advantage of his talent.

You'd think a player would recognize that and come to terms with it beforehand, but sometimes it's harder to see from the inside.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Yes because Rosen and Darnold have MVPs to their names right.

They are irrelevant to the conversation.

Lamar was supposed to be revolutionizing football last year.  He laid an egg in the playoffs, against the Chiefs earlier in the year and against the Steelers on Sunday.  

Brown has been open downfield all year and Lamar has missed him on throws the Josh Allen haters would take victory laps over.

3 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

It's almost like Lamar is more athlete than QB and we are finding out ~30 teams (including Baltimore) weren't actually crazy for passing on him in the draft.

Reminds me of when teams adjusted to what Kaepernick was doing and then he just became a guy...

Lamar can't throw the ball outside the numbers with consistency and that hasn't gone unnoticed.

Funny both had Roman as their OC.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

They are irrelevant to the conversation.

Lamar was supposed to be revolutionizing football last year.  He laid an egg in the playoffs, against the Chiefs earlier in the year and against the Steelers on Sunday.  

Brown has been open downfield all year and Lamar has missed him on throws the Josh Allen haters would take victory laps over.

Lamar still has to continue to grow as a passer but he is a good QB.  Just a different kind of QB than some my like.

Tim Tebow was an athlete.  Lamar Jackson is a QB.  An athlete doesn't complete 66.1 percent of his passes with 36TDs and 6 Ints.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

Lamar still has to continue to grow as a passer but he is a good QB.  Just a different kind of QB than some my like.

I never said he wasn't good.  Over half the teams in the league would love to have him.

But many acted like he broke football last year and the Ravens were geniuses for unlocking it.  He's got a lot of growing to do and it's showing badly.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Wait till you see what Pitt does to us.

🤔 isn’t this about the Ravens and Marquise Brown?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Lamar Was literally scared to put the ball in the Air.  Andrews was WIDE open on the 4th and 2 When Lamar immediately took off and get stuffed

He’s the expert of the 5 yard TD to a TE. If you need him to air it out, best to find someone else. 

24 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Yes because Rosen and Darnold have MVPs to their names right.

Individual awards are nice (and he deserved the MVP).  But the Ravens will never come close to winning a super bowl as long as Lamar Jackson is their QB.  Playoff defenses will continue to prove that.

• Like (+1) 11

I don't blame him. 

Was watching RedZone yesterday,  I was watching Bills Pats on laptop. All 6 of us agreed Lamar was likely the most overrated QB in the game. 

He can't read the defense,  at all. If his 1st read isn't there, it's a busted play. 

I said this last year even with his MVP campaign,  I wouldn't trade Lamar for Josh. Lamar has shown zero progress in reading defenses and going through his WR reads and I don't see him making any progress. You stop their run game (not easy) and you likely get a W. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Imagine that a Brown potentially causing problems on social media. 

Never seen that before.😉

Ahem...a Brown who...

- plays the "diva position" (WR)

- literally goes by the name "Hollywood"

...is being a diva about limited targets on a run first team?  I'm shocked!

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't blame him. 

Was watching RedZone yesterday,  I was watching Bills Pats on laptop. All 6 of us agreed Lamar was likely the most overrated QB in the game. 

He can't read the defense,  at all. If his 1st read isn't there, it's a busted play. 

I said this last year even with his MVP campaign,  I wouldn't trade Lamar for Josh. Lamar has shown zero progress in reading defenses and going through his WR reads and I don't see him making any progress. You stop their run game (not easy) and you likely get a W. 

I wish we had an overrated QB.... Then maybe he would win MVP.

18 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I wish we had an overrated QB.... Then maybe he would win MVP.

The default header on the order form for the trophy says "Insert name of QB on team with best record here".

12 minutes ago, wjag said:

meanwhile in Charm City, MArlon Humphrey is a positive covidion today.  Would be such a shame if contact tracing meant the whole secondary needed to sit. 🤡

I would never wish illness or injury to ANY opponent.  But sometimes I find myself somehow not minding terribly if they miss our game before making a full recovery...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Wait till you see what Pitt does to us.

I am NOT looking forward that THAT game.  BUT it is in a few weeks so anything can happen....Aliens could abduct the Bills O-Line and inject some game into them!  Same with the D-Line!!!!!

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He is just pointing out what will happen when the Bills run up against the Squealers.....rightly so after the Ravens L against them.  Bills will more than have their hands full.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I never said he wasn't good.  Over half the teams in the league would love to have him.

But many acted like he broke football last year and the Ravens were geniuses for unlocking it.  He's got a lot of growing to do and it's showing badly.

To be honest with you, I didn't feel he was the MVP.  I felt that was Wilson.  

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

He’s the expert of the 5 yard TD to a TE. If you need him to air it out, best to find someone else. 

It is.  But what I said was relevant to the post I was responding to unlike your irrelevant response to mine.  I was giving the Steelers credit rather than blaming Lamar.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Individual awards are nice (and he deserved the MVP).  But the Ravens will never come close to winning a super bowl as long as Lamar Jackson is their QB.  Playoff defenses will continue to prove that.

He got awful close last season.  Theories are nice but you really can't back up your statement.  Give him a Diggs and see how he does.  His WR corps isn't Josh Allen's and just like Allen he improves every year.

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He got awful close last season.  Theories are nice but you really can't back up your statement.  Give him a Diggs and see how he does.  His WR corps isn't Josh Allen's and just like Allen he improves every year.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3916387/lamar-jackson

Not according to this. Looks like he has regressed a bit from last year's form. I live in VA and we always get the Baltimore games. I've watched him 3 or 4 times this year already. He still can't hit a throw outside the hashes with any consistency, has trouble when forced to hang in the pocket, and his deep ball this year is not there. Where he hurts you is when the play breaks down and his TE's or WR's are running with him to find some space. He's excellent at finding the perfect dumpoff receiver while scrambling. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3916387/lamar-jackson

Not according to this. Looks like he has regressed a bit from last year's form. I live in VA and we always get the Baltimore games. I've watched him 3 or 4 times this year already. He still can't hit a throw outside the hashes with any consistency, has trouble when forced to hang in the pocket, and his deep ball this year is not there. Where he hurts you is when the play breaks down and his TE's or WR's are running with him to find some space. He's excellent at finding the perfect dumpoff receiver while scrambling. 

That's better than a lot of QBs in this league.

Lamar is Never going to be MVP as a passer.  But good luck finding a QB that is as dangerous as he is as a runner.  He is a different kind of QB than people are used to, make no mistake he is a QB and a very good one.

I love my Bills but the Ravens would demolish us right now and can beat any team any given Sunday.

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

Ok, but he hasn't improved every year as you claimed.

I disagree.  Let me know when he has a game where he is completely lost and throws 1 TD and 3 Ints.  His division is a lot tougher this year and teams have the formula to beat him.  He is adjusting and still winning.  The "Anti-Lamar" crowd is almost as bad as the anti JA crowd there are just a lot less of them.

I'm speaking as someone who felt he was over hyped and thought he was going to fall flat on his face this season.

23 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He's had WRs.  They don't have a WR problem.  They have a QB who can't throw to the sidelines problem.

• Like (+1) 4