LB Avery Williamson Traded to Steelers

It looks like the Jets gave up on Wiliamson and the rich get richer on D without giving up much.  A swap of draft picks. Too bad they couldn't trade him to us and we move Edmunds outside. The Bills need some reinforcements on defense. If a team like Pittsburgh is out looking for defense, we better be all over it this week. I expect to see some moves!

Beane is asleep at the wheel.

This is just unacceptable. He's done nothing to make this team better... I'm not even talking this season. I'm talking in the 4 years he has been here... the guy hasn't made one good FA signing and all of his drafts suck!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't handle it anymore. I'm reaching out to Korn Ferry myself and getting them to start conducting a search for our next GM. 

I'm going to make sure they put together a list for HC candidates too... don't even get me started on that McClappy guy.

🙄 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

This is just unacceptable. He's done nothing to make this team better... I'm not even talking this season. I'm talking in the 4 years he has been here... the guy hasn't made one good FA signing and all of his drafts suck!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't handle it anymore. I'm reaching out to Korn Ferry myself and getting them to start conducting a search for our next GM. 

I'm going to make sure they put together a list for HC candidates too... don't even get me started on that McClappy guy. 

If you are reaching out to him it must be a spoofed call like those two idiots got away with it before with Bills.

I hope you do get arrested unlike them.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

In what world were they going to trade with us.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

It looks like the Jets gave up on Wiliamson and the rich get richer on D without giving up much.  A swap of draft picks. Too bad they couldn't trade him to us and we move Edmunds outside. The Bills need some reinforcements on defense. If a team like Pittsburgh is out looking for defense, we better be all over it this week. I expect to see some moves!

I've been a fan of Williamson, but he's been awful this season. Maybe it's a product of the being on the Jets this year, but the idea he's been better than Edmunds is silly and seems soley based on the "Bills players are always the worst in the league!"

• Like (+1) 2

Beane is not your guy if what you want is to go all in on one particular season, and to hell with what follows.  Beane is your guy if what you want is to build a team that can contend for championships for a decade. 

The process means using discipline and care.  I think some of Beane's decisions this year weren't as good as some in the past.  Our D line is way too light, and even if Star had come back and avoided injuries, he still wouldn't be playing every down.  Our backup LBs are poor, and our star starting LBs are both playing hurt.  And Hyde and Poyer aren't as dominant as they were when they had a strong line and great LBs in front of them.

There are quite a few former Bills, guys who just weren't good enough to make our squad, playing around the league.  I'm not aware of Beane getting anything in return for them.  Last year he stockpiled O linemen in the offseason, buying low, and then selling high during training camp, getting draft picks he used for trade sweeteners.  This year, no ROI.

• Like (+1) 2

Bills Fans: Brandon, do you plan on bringing anyone in via trade to help the defense?

Beane: Why? We're 6-2. 2 games up in the division with a 4-0 record. We're doing fine.

Bills Fans: Aren't you concerned with the regression and being gashed every week by mediocre teams?

Beane: Its hard to win in the NFL. Every game presents new challenges. Style points don't matter. I wouldn't expect the common fan to understand these nuances. We're doing fine.

Bills Fans: So.......? You're not worried?

Beane: If I told you at the beginning of the season we'd be 6-2/ 4-0 in the division and 2 games up, would you take it?

Yeah, I thought so......

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Bills Fans: Brandon, do you plan on bringing anyone in via trade to help the defense?

Beane: Why? We're 6-2. 2 games up in the division with a 4-0 record. We're doing fine.

Bills Fans: Aren't you concerned with the regression and being gashed every week by mediocre teams?

Beane: Its hard to win in the NFL. Every game presents new challenges. Style points don't matter. I wouldn't expect the common fan to understand these nuances. We're doing fine.

Bills Fans: So.......? You're not worried?

Beane: If I told you at the beginning of the season we'd be 6-2/ 4-0 in the division and 2 games up, would you take it?

Yeah, I thought so......

Well said. There seems to be an angle where we can’t beat good teams, and can’t win meaningful games. 
But we only have to win them when it really counts and none of us can predict the future 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

🙄

Its very rare to see teams trade within the division.  

6 hours ago, Utah John said:

Beane is not your guy if what you want is to go all in on one particular season, and to hell with what follows.  Beane is your guy if what you want is to build a team that can contend for championships for a decade. 

The process means using discipline and care.  I think some of Beane's decisions this year weren't as good as some in the past.  Our D line is way too light, and even if Star had come back and avoided injuries, he still wouldn't be playing every down.  Our backup LBs are poor, and our star starting LBs are both playing hurt.  And Hyde and Poyer aren't as dominant as they were when they had a strong line and great LBs in front of them.

There are quite a few former Bills, guys who just weren't good enough to make our squad, playing around the league.  I'm not aware of Beane getting anything in return for them.  Last year he stockpiled O linemen in the offseason, buying low, and then selling high during training camp, getting draft picks he used for trade sweeteners.  This year, no ROI.

If he felt this was the year for us to win it all, he might be more willing to make more moves.  But we're still likely a year away.  While much can change in a year, next season playing both the NFC and AFC south which don't look too bad other than Tenn and the two old B&B guys.

Think it was harder this year to find buyers due to all the roster restrictions added.  Teams more stuck with their own.

9 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The rich get richer?

a. The Steelers already lost Devin Bush

b. Avery Williamson is just a guy

A JAG who is more physical than our timid LB's who make tackles 7 yards down the field. Williamson had 120 tackles, three sacks and two forced fumbles in his first season with the Jets in 2018.  This year he has 59 tackles,  1 int and 3PD which would be 2nd on our D right now.   A much better option than Klein or Dodson.  

I get it that teams don't often trade within the division, but if the offer was better, they might. We desperately need help on defense to secure the AFC East and not be one and done in the playoffs for the 3rd time in the McD era. 

7 hours ago, Utah John said:

Why would you not endorse making  a move to address a glaring weakness. The future is now when you are in a division without Brady or any significant QB. With an offense that now has run and big play potential, Beane should shove the process and get a run defender. He doesn't have to trade high draft choices, it's just moving cap money around. If you think this process is working after watching the defensive performance in the 2nd half yesterday, I would disagree. 

11 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

Which guy is the middle when there are 2 LB's playing 50 plays per game?