Tre White back injury

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Dude! Apples and Oranges. What "some" coaches and players have done in the past only jeopardized their organization and integrity. They only cheated one team at a time, the one they were playing. What the Titans have done could very well have a negative ripple effect through out the entire NFL putting every teams season in jeopardy. Even if the season is salvaged it will be at a great inconvenience to other franchises like ours that have done nothing wrong. How does that compare to taping practices and deflating footballs?

Yes, because that’s all those coaches ever did.  Lol.  Come on, man. There is so much crap that goes on.  And thinking one coach who pulls something like Vrabel did isn’t a good coach because he put his team above the league is pretty laughable.  That’s how these guys roll when money like this is on the line. 

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Vrabel is overrated, in my opinion. The Titans are a tough team, but they are pretty basic and predictable as far as schemes go. And Vrabel makes questionable in-game decisions. I see the NFL passing him by in a few years.

The Titans are not some juggernaut. They've gone 9-7 for years and play in a weak division. They had a nice run in the playoffs last year and good for them. But they play a dangerous style of football, barely beating opponents. They do not have an explosive offense.

They are a good, physical team that you have to be ready for, but that's it. Nobody should fear the Titans.

You don’t think he got the most out of his team?

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Vrabel is overrated, in my opinion. The Titans are a tough team, but they are pretty basic and predictable as far as schemes go. And Vrabel makes questionable in-game decisions. I see the NFL passing him by in a few years.

The Titans are not some juggernaut. They've gone 9-7 for years and play in a weak division. They had a nice run in the playoffs last year and good for them. But they play a dangerous style of football, barely beating opponents. They do not have an explosive offense.

They are a good, physical team that you have to be ready for, but that's it. Nobody should fear the Titans.

I'm not disagreeing with much that you are saying. But I would point out the the Bills don't do well with physical teams.   Philadelphia, Cleveland, and Patriots pushed them around last year and outside of the Jets with the worst O-line in the league and the second half of the Raiders game, the Bills have been run on fairly easily.  This year obviously the Bills offense is playing at two or three levels above last years.  I honestly don't know what to make of the Bills running game.  They are having so much success through the air I don't think Daboll has felt the need to consistently run the ball.  Will that change if they have big leads or as the weather worsens?  Will they be able to grind out first downs and wins? Will Allen start running more again? 

The big difference as is usually the case is the QB.  Tannyhill is a game manger and Allen is a game breaker.  If Allen takes care of the football, and the Bills continue the bend but don't break defense they should win a close one.  If the Bills can force an early turnover or two they may be able to break it wide open.  My biggest worry is a few long time consuming drives by the Titans that is not immediately matched by the Bills. That could tire the defense and make stopping Henry that much more difficult.  

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That said, if it's a game time decision I'd rather see Tre more healthy for the Chiefs. 

We'll hurt without him

We really really need him for KC

I'd argue the opposite.  The problem with KC is they have too many weapons so they'll have success attacking wherever White isn't.  Whereas the Titans only real receiving threats are AJ Brown and Jonnu Smith.  If Tre can shadow AJ Brown they can shift their focus to Smith.

• Like (+1) 1

The problem on D will not be if Tre doesn't play.  The Titans are down 2 WRs and Brown is not 100%

The problem is Henry might run for 150 and we do a poor job on Jonnu..

The Cowboys lose LVE and their D completely falls apart.  If we lose Milano and Tre that's going to sting....but Milano moreso in this game.

Edited by Big Blitz

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The problem on D will not be if Tre doesn't play.  The Titans are down 2 WRs and Brown is not 100%

The Cowboys lose LVE and their D completely falls apart.  If we lose Milano and Tre that's going to sting....but Milano moreso in this game.

Yeah i agree. AJ brown apparently got a practice in yesterday, but he’s nowhere near 100%. A one-legged levi wallace could probably cover him. Milano is already ruled out though, so I share some of your concern

10 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm not disagreeing with much that you are saying. But I would point out the the Bills don't do well with physical teams.   Philadelphia, Cleveland, and Patriots pushed them around last year and outside of the Jets with the worst O-line in the league and the second half of the Raiders game, the Bills have been run on fairly easily.  This year obviously the Bills offense is playing at two or three levels above last years.  I honestly don't know what to make of the Bills running game.  They are having so much success through the air I don't think Daboll has felt the need to consistently run the ball.  Will that change if they have big leads or as the weather worsens?  Will they be able to grind out first downs and wins? Will Allen start running more again? 

The big difference as is usually the case is the QB.  Tannyhill is a game manger and Allen is a game breaker.  If Allen takes care of the football, and the Bills continue the bend but don't break defense they should win a close one.  If the Bills can force an early turnover or two they may be able to break it wide open.  My biggest worry is a few long time consuming drives by the Titans that is not immediately matched by the Bills. That could tire the defense and make stopping Henry that much more difficult.  

They did OK against the Titans last year. And the year before. Did you forget we played them the last 2 years and won both times?

1 minute ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

He was threatening to then decided not to. But now that a situation is in front of him he’s having seconds thoughts I’m sure. Cause let’s be serious this whole “back injury” thing seems a bit skeptical 

How is it skeptical?  Back injuries don't happen in the NFL?

He's not going to commit and then back out and fake an injury.  

11 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

He was threatening to then decided not to. But now that a situation is in front of him he’s having seconds thoughts I’m sure. Cause let’s be serious this whole “back injury” thing seems a bit skeptical 

Please stop with the Tre White covid-19 conspiracy stuff.

2 hours ago, Aross3415 said:

Any word on status for tomorrow?? Seems I havnt really seen any update on how bad his back injury is...

I think I read somewhere that Friday's injury report would be the last one prior to the Tuesday game.

Believe me, if the league doesn't force the Bills to report on injuries, they ain't gonna say a word.

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How is it skeptical?  Back injuries don't happen in the NFL?

He's not going to commit and then back out and fake an injury.  

Well then tell me when did he exactly injure his back? Was it in the game? Couldn’t be practice cause he didnt practice all week. 

Sure he can, he had someone from his family pass away or was very sick I don’t recall which one. And now he’s getting wet feet. 

I hope he’s not but I just don’t feel good about it with what has been said thus far. 

1 hour ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

It’s not a back injury, he’s afraid of covid

15 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

What a bunch of balogna. You think the Bills would risk investigation from the league for falsifying an injury report?

Edited by MJS

2 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Well then tell me when did he exactly injure his back? Was it in the game? Couldn’t be practice cause he didnt practice all week. 

Sure he can, he had someone from his family pass away or was very sick I don’t recall which one. And now he’s getting wet feet. 

I hope he’s not but I just don’t feel good about it with what has been said thus far. 

I don't know when he got injured.  I'm not sure if it was at the game or after the game...I don't know.

Just because I don't know doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Contrary to popular belief, I don't know everything.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please stop with the Tre White covid-19 conspiracy stuff.

I think I read somewhere that Friday's injury report would be the last one prior to the Tuesday game.

Believe me, if the league doesn't force the Bills to report on injuries, they ain't gonna say a word.

It’s being talked about cause tre was gonna opt out. So we have a valid point to talk about it on a message board 

17 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

“Threatening”. No, he stated how he was feeling about the situation.  

you seem skeptical 

Edited by NewEra

On 10/11/2020 at 2:14 AM, Big Blitz said:

Last year we 'contained' Henry to 78 yds.  His average last year was 102 ypg.

First 3 games, his average per game is 106 yds, with a high of 119 and a low of 84.

Why does everyone keep bringing up this 150 yds figure?  Henry can produce that - he did so 4 times last season - 3 were against bottom-of-the-league run Ds

I'd just like to read a bit of assessment as to why one thinks that'll go down.

Then keep your conspiracy theories to yourself. Unless you have some kind of evidence, you are just stating nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't know when he got injured.  I'm not sure if it was at the game or after the game...I don't know.

Just because I don't know doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  Contrary to popular belief, I don't know everything.

Lol. I hear ya. I just want the guy in the game. It gives us the best opportunity to win that’s all. Just nervous playing without him 

It’s being talked about cause tre was gonna opt out. So we have a valid point to talk about it on a message board 

It's not even remotely valid.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

It’s not a back injury, he’s afraid of covid

BS.

The slander of Tre White this week has been ridiculous.

He’s been nothing but a model teammate and model citizen the entire time he’s been in Buffalo.

He chose to play this year. He’s clearly a smart and thoughtful man. You think he didn’t know that he might have to play a COVID-impacted team at some point?

You think the Bills are playing along and just lying to cover for him?

This whole “Tre isn’t injured, he’s scared” conspiracy is dumb, insulting, and poorly thought out.

Shame on the people peddling this nonsense.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Lol. I hear ya. I just want the guy in the game. It gives us the best opportunity to win that’s all. Just nervous playing without him 

It does suck if he's done just because Levi Wallace is also on IR.  Meaning we have Norman who just came off an injury and has one game player and now Ryan Lewis.  

We will be vulnerable back there without Tre.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

What a bunch of balogna. You think the Bills would risk investigation from the league for falsifying an injury report?

If I remember correctly Jerry Hughes was injured last season but the bills never put him in their report. And he said like a big dummy that he wasn’t 100percent most of the season. So the answer is yes it does happen 

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

BS.

The slander of Tre White this week has been ridiculous.

He’s been nothing but a model teammate and model citizen the entire time he’s been in Buffalo.

He chose to play this year. He’s clearly a smart and thoughtful man. You think he didn’t know that he might have to play a COVID-impacted team at some point?

You think the Bills are playing along and just lying to cover for him?

This whole “Tre isn’t injured, he’s scared” conspiracy is dumb, insulting, and poorly thought out.

Shame on the people peddling this nonsense.

Sorry for talking about your little buddy, didn’t mean to insult your boy there. Just breath everything’s gonna be fine 

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's not even remotely valid.

Im sure if a close member of your family dies from covid then it will become valid. 

Just now, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Tre did not opt out.   Nor "was he gonna opt out", which implies he said he would opt out then changed his mind.  He stated publicly he had not made up his mind yet.

Injury reports are required by the league and a team who faked them would face significant penalties.

Thinking about opting out prior to the deadline in August (as was his right) in no reasonable way constitutes evidence he is "faking" an injury in week 5, much less your definitive statements "It’s not a back injury, he’s afraid of covid"

It's BS

Back injuries are problematic.  Someone can injure their back and keep going and then the injury swells next day and the pain can be immobilizing.  Been there, felt that.  Their course of healing can be problematic too, and they can linger.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Sorry for talking about your little buddy, didn’t mean to insult your boy there. Just breath everything’s gonna be fine

Horse *****.  Own your words. 

You are saying the man opted in, knowing the score with Covid-19, now he's letting his teammates down and faking an injury (with the team's collusion) because he's scared of covid.

That's insulting of Tre' and anyone with more than one functioning neuron has to know it's insulting of Tre'

• Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

If I remember correctly Jerry Hughes was injured last season but the bills never put him in their report. And he said like a big dummy that he wasn’t 100percent most of the season. So the answer is yes it does happen 

And the Bills were investigated for that. And that's why they've been putting every little thing on the report this year.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

his hand was a taped up club... it was hard to miss 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Horse *****.  Own your words. 

You are saying the man opted in, knowing the score with Covid-19, now he's letting his teammates down and faking an injury (with the team's collusion) because he's scared of covid.

That's insulting of Tre' and anyone with more than one functioning neuron has to know it's insulting of Tre'

It’s called sarcasm bud

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Last year we 'contained' Henry to 78 yds.  His average last year was 102 ypg.

First 3 games, his average per game is 106 yds, with a high of 119 and a low of 84.

Why does everyone keep bringing up this 150 yds figure?  Henry can produce that - he did so 4 times last season - 3 were against bottom-of-the-league run Ds

I'd just like to read a bit of assessment as to why one thinks that'll go down.

Because I just saw what the Rams did to us not too long ago and I am not convinced containing Jacobs and the Raiders who I believe were down 2 starters on the oline means we figured it out.  Plus we had Milano and Tre back.  

I hope the D line figured things out like some think they did based on positional adjustments of guys they thought were better in the 1 vs 3 technique and it showed in the 4th quarter.  But being down Milano we've seen what that means to this Defense. 

I think we all have to forget last year.  The defense didn't get the Titans from December with Tannehill.  Goff and Carr might have been the 2 best QBs its seen going back to last year vs Dak Wentz and Lamar.  We did not see much great let alone elite QB play or offenses last year.  Our Ds best performance was probably the first half vs the Texans.

But it doesn't have to be a top 3 defense for us to win and that we thought it was coming into the season.  I think we have plenty of evidence with our Front 7 that it won't be.  But again that's fine.  Just be a top 10 defense.  I think it's at least that---when healthy.  

There is zero chance that Tre would make up an injury to miss this game.  No way he would do that to his teammates.  No way would his teammates or coach put up with it if he tried.  This team is like family to each other and would "run through walls" for each other.  A player of that character does not do that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

his hand was a taped up club... it was hard to miss 

A lot of players have this and that taped up, so I dunno if that means anything.  If that were a criteria, half of every team would be on injury report every week.

If I recall correctly, the NFL issue with Jerry Hughes was that he was regularly given "veteran rest days" that were listed as such on the Injury Report.  The league investigated whether he was being falsely listed as "veteran rest day" when he should have been listed as having an injury.