Bill O Brien Fired

boco357

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I think two things.

1. This wouldn't have happened if their schedule hadn't been so insanely brutal. They shouldn't have been expected to win any of the first three.

2. The org is in trouble long term, not only because of mismanagement but because I believe D. Watson is fools gold. He will never be consistently good enough to go toe-to-toe with the elites.

I agree...as I said in the other threadhouston had one of toughest first 4 gamesever

3 of the 4 were playoff teams, one sb champs and the other team didn’t have their web last yr

the last two games have bern closeehere thry had the lead in the 2nd half iirc.

im not sure on calling Watson a bust.  They did trade away a very good WR for peanuts.  He must have destroyed the locker room.

About two years too late. Quinn should be next up. Worst two coaches in the league imo Houston only kept him for winning that weak a** division and sneaking into the playoffs. Outside maybe chip kelly I can’t think of a coach/gm who decimated a team as bad as O’Brien did 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheElectricCompany said:

Too little, too late.  This is a move you need to make in January.

Yep. And just fried this season for Watson and potentially future seasons as well by allowing BoB to slash and burn the roster 

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean why?

Don’t you want to hear his Billy’s side of the story??? 😂

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

I agree...as I said in the other threadhouston had one of toughest first 4 gamesever

3 of the 4 were playoff teams, one sb champs and the other team didn’t have their web last yr

the last two games have bern closeehere thry had the lead in the 2nd half iirc.

im not sure on calling Watson a bust.  They did trade away a very good WR for peanuts.  He must have destroyed the locker room.

Now now, I don't think he's a bust, but I don't think he's ever going to be a Super Bowl quarterback unless he is surrounded by a stacked roster. So, they're in trouble with the money they're paying him. If you're going to pay a guy that kind of money, he better be a guy who can make up for deficiencies around him, and I don't think Watson is that guy.

He really should have stayed at Penn State. He did good things with that program when it was in trouble post Paterno. 

I think he could be a pretty good to great college coach and I hope he takes a year before running into another job. That never works.

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

So the owner lets that ego driven dbag ruin the team and its future then fires him. What a CF...

You fo realize he was GC at pennies state for a coup,e of seasons.  Knowing our owner he could be the bills replacrmrnt if Pegula interferes in the bills.