Bill O Brien Fired

boco357

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Yep. And just fried this season for Watson and potentially future seasons as well by allowing BoB to slash and burn the roster 

Don’t you want to hear his Billy’s side of the story??? 😂

Chan's address after being fired was amazing and dripping with emotion and class. I remember it in great detail. I'm not sure this one will be the same.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Chan's address after being fired was amazing and dripping with emotion and class. I remember it in great detail. I'm not sure this one will be the same.

It really was, a true class guy.

No idea what kind of bluster we could hear from BoB..my guess is he just thanks the organization, we did never got far enough, never finished what we were doing... blah blah blah...coachspeak.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Now now, I don't think he's a bust, but I don't think he's ever going to be a Super Bowl quarterback unless he is surrounded by a stacked roster. So, they're in trouble with the money they're paying him. If you're going to pay a guy that kind of money, he better be a guy who can make up for deficiencies around him, and I don't think Watson is that guy.

I don’t  recall Rivers bring a SB AB and a few other very good abs tonot get to the super bowl.

there is only so much a qb cam do if the receivers suck.

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Brian Gaine right now:

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493biljji5ws7mcewwaut5

So true... if memory serves he lasted just one year as GM trying to put out that dumpster fire and now he is back assisting us with scouting. I remember folks commenting on this board about how short that lasted.

Had to look up the title OBD gave him - Sr. personnel advisor. Was in role for us for 2017 draft that netted Tre White, Dawkins, and Milano - did strike out with Zay, Peterman, but nailed some starters.

Too early to say how well our last draft went, but early contributions bode well for some of these guys becoming regular contributors - Davis is definitely looking like a lock:
Epenesa, Moss, Davis, and Bass

Their loss was our "Gaine".... ok, I know that was lame.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

being 0-4 isn’t enough?

As many have mentioned it was a brutal schedule to start the season and they started last year at 0-3; won the division and a playoff game. 

BoB destroyed the salary structure at LT and paid his really good QB like an super elite QB.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

being 0-4 isn’t enough?

Right... especially after the Hopkins trade. Trading away their first and second round picks must have been followed by a contract, signed in his blood, that they would be a Super Bowl contender this year.

Contract breached!

1 minute ago, CNYfan said:

As many have mentioned it was a brutal schedule to start the season and they started last year at 0-3; won the division and a playoff game. 

BoB destroyed the salary structure at LT and paid his really good QB like an super elite QB.   

Guess maybe we’ll find out if there was something more to it later when Bill lies, I mean speaks, to the media

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

On a related note, take advantage of discord and kick the tires on a trade for JJ? I think Houston would consider moving him. I wouldnt mind his drama if It were "our" drama....

Get er done Beane

He’s injury prone and is slowing down and he costs a lot 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Shocked? A strong playoff contender cripples itself internally and their current year record is 0-4? 

Yeah, maybe you’re right. 🤔 It should have happened after he traded his best player for an old bag of jock straps..

That's my point, if the owner is going to allow these trades, why then give up after only 4 weeks.  That to me is the crazy part here.  He should have fired him when he proposed the Hopkins trade.

Makes me wonder if the owner fired him now more to try and save face from all the criticism thrown at the team.

• Awesome! (+1) 1