Titans-Steelers game postponed til later in the season...Titans now effectively have a bye week to prepare for Bills

Big Turk
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

It does suck for them and the league in general. But I’m also wondering why the expanded practice and rosters are for. I don’t mean this week because it is obviously still not flattened out. But for our game next week I would think that the NFL says you’re playing with what you have and the cards that are dealt so to speak. Again it sucks for the players affected but these precautions were put in to begin with for a reason I’m guessing. 

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

No way our game stands

this is a health risk now. Postpone our game also and suspend the league for 2 full weeks 

NFL knew what they were getting into. No control over players. 

in England football clubs wouldn’t even let players eat food outside their team picked meal plan 

OR, just have the Titans forfeit!

And if they balk, ask them “what’s more important, a potential win, or your team’s health?”. (And also remind them that they’re probably doing themselves a favor by forfeiting, anyway)

22 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

yea Baltimore had a bye that week [edit]

Hold on. 
Sunday, October 25. 
Baltimore Bye 

The schedule has been updated so unless we can see the original one it’s a ?

Yup I got off my lazy ass finally, CBSSports still has the old schedules up, looks like it was 11/1 for both teams

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/BAL/baltimore-ravens/schedule/regular/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/PIT/pittsburgh-steelers/schedule/regular/

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

It does suck for them and the league in general. But I’m also wondering why the expanded practice and rosters are for. I don’t mean this week because it is obviously still not flattened out. But for our game next week I would think that the NFL says you’re playing with what you have and the cards that are dealt so to speak. Again it sucks for the players affected but these precautions were put in to begin with for a reason I’m guessing. 

I think in the end - those guys will be unavailable and the Bills/Titans play with the expanded roster.  The issue is the positive tests have not yet stopped.  So until Tennessee has a couple days of all negatives the facility is closed and therefore the game would be in jeopardy.

I suspect by Sunday they will have no new cases and then deep clean the facility and work to get people back in Monday or Tuesday.

20 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I think in the end - those guys will be unavailable and the Bills/Titans play with the expanded roster.  The issue is the positive tests have not yet stopped.  So until Tennessee has a couple days of all negatives the facility is closed and therefore the game would be in jeopardy.

I suspect by Sunday they will have no new cases and then deep clean the facility and work to get people back in Monday or Tuesday.

The thing I always find funny with this is if the virus can only last for a few hours or a day on surfaces and nobody has been in there for a week, why would deep cleaning be needed?

There are 14 people in the Titans organization with Covid (2 more today).  A lot can change but it's hard to foresee that in 10 days the Bills and Titans will be facing off in Nashville.  I mean the Titans will need a few days of live practice next week at the very least.   This is the NFL version of the Miami Marlins situation.  The league is going to have to really button up on their protocols and safeguards.  I think the Tennessee/Bills game will have to be made up down the road.  Maybe, as a solution the NFL pushes the playoffs back a week or two in order to accommodate make up games.

Everyone on the Titans has already been isolating for days now, right?

Does it really matter to us if they get more positive tests? Makes them weaker.

If next Monday or Tuesday players & personnel are still testing positive the game MIGHT come into question at that point. But I'd guess based off the incubation period if the team is truly isolating we won't see negative tests by then.

And then we catch them at their weakest. :beer:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

There are 14 people in the Titans organization with Covid (2 more today).  A lot can change but it's hard to foresee that in 10 days the Bills and Titans will be facing off in Nashville.  I mean the Titans will need a few days of live practice next week at the very least.   This is the NFL version of the Miami Marlins situation.  The league is going to have to really button up on their protocols and safeguards.  I think the Tennessee/Bills game will have to be made up down the road.  Maybe, as a solution the NFL pushes the playoffs back a week or two in order to accommodate make up games.

Forfeit!  Forfeit!!!

3 minutes ago, PirateHookerMD said:

Officially time to call the Bills/Titans game Doubtful. 

wow.  This has to be scaring the bee-jee-bees out of EVERY NFL team.  I’m now officially off the “Titans didn’t do anything wrong bandwagon”. Clearly they did. 

Dude, i'm sorry but its pretty clear with 16 members of the organization that someone on that football team went out and broke protocol. I know there is an incubation period but I find it hard to believe that they got it from a child in their house etc. None of the Vikings so far have tested positive which means it happened sometime after Sunday. Someone hit up a bar, a club, something.

NFL should probably just make Week 18 official and announce Bills/Titans as the first game on the slate.  

Obviously if the positives stop accumulating over the weekend, we should play, but the Titans seem to be an absolute dumpster fire right now. 

Edited by SCBills

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Dude, i'm sorry but its pretty clear with 16 members of the organization that someone on that football team went out and broke protocol. I know there is an incubation period but I find it hard to believe that they got it from a child in their house etc. None of the Vikings so far have tested positive which means it happened sometime after Sunday. Someone hit up a bar, a club, something.

I thought I read that—Supposedly— the source was a bus driver for their Sunday game

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

I thought I read that—Supposedly— the source was a bus driver for their Sunday game

Could be, I know most D1 and NFL teams source their busing from the city they are playing the game in. So my guess is one of the bus drivers then after the game if true.

At this point for a situation like the Titans, I think the opponent should have a commanding seat at the table when they talk about options for this.

If the Bills feel uncomfortable going into Tenn. then the league shouldn’t try and force a game. If it can work for a week 18, then it works. If it can’t, then it is an L/W for each team. 

I would argue that the opposing team (Bills) should also be allowed to have some say in decision making when it comes to the way the Raiders have managed the situation. The organization is an absolute disaster waiting to happen to the entire league. If a team is uncomfortable going into their stadium after the way they have handled this, then that’s on the Raiders, not the opponent. 

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Could be, I know most D1 and NFL teams source their busing from the city they are playing the game in. So my guess is one of the bus drivers then after the game if true.

McBeane and the Bills adding a full time bus driver that travels with the team sounds like it could or should be on the horizon. 

Edited by Mango
Auto correct

Still don't see how if the Titans are separated that if enough of those that tested positive are negative by this week they still cant resume in person activities by Thursday to prepare to play.

Say only 5 positives remain....they are out.  They stay home.  We really going to suspend a game bc of a few "members of the organization?"