Titans-Steelers game postponed til later in the season...Titans now effectively have a bye week to prepare for Bills

Big Turk
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Dude, i'm sorry but its pretty clear with 16 members of the organization that someone on that football team went out and broke protocol. I know there is an incubation period but I find it hard to believe that they got it from a child in their house etc. None of the Vikings so far have tested positive which means it happened sometime after Sunday. Someone hit up a bar, a club, something.

It didn’t happen after Sunday tho. The first player tested positive Saturday.  None of the Vikings have it for the reason Yolo just posted of the tweet from Tom Pelissero, you need sustained close contact, and it usually happens indoors. 

Also, Yolo posted up thread that Spielmans brother said on the radio, and there’s no reason to not believe him, after the first player tested positive on Saturday a Titans coach wasn’t following protocol by wearing a mask or social distancing in a meeting with players. Which as we know a meeting indoors is like perfect conditions for the virus to spread.

I saw Jerry Jones is calling for huge fines and draft choices if the team broke protocol but they would need a player to confirm.   I assume any player confirming will be blackballed if he is found out.

In any case the coaches that were appealing their fine for not wearing their mask can pretty much forget about winning that appeal.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

I wonder if they'll consider moving bills titans to Tuesday and moving the chiefs game to Sunday. Might end up being the only option. 

Yeah I was wondering that too, would have to get another broadcast crew then, not sure how tv rights work, was on NFL network anyways

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, they were tested again this morning and still zero positive tests on the Vikings....So what’s your theory?

Only 8 players positive. We know for sure at least two were special teams/backups who barely play. Likely more. 

Players have been testing positive throughout the week. Maybye they weren't contagious during the game. 

Luck.

Vikings aren't clear because players don't come in close contact with each other while playing football lmao. 

The only "benefit" they're getting from the schedule readjustment is rest for their injured players.  They haven't been able to do any of the usual things teams on their bye get to do, namely practice fundamentals and address issues they've had in the season thus far.  On the other side of it, the players that have already come down with COVID-19 are definitely out for the Bills game, as any additional players who come down with it between now and a week from Sunday.  There will probably be at least a player or two missing the Buffalo game with more typical injury issues.  Looking at it from the Titans' perspective, I think I'd rather be facing the Bills without the COVID-19 issues and unexpected bye than with them.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

IMO using an extra week(s) after season for select games is unfair to teams who are in playoffs and were not cause of transmission.

It means teams without this extra week in playoffs get a bye or even an extra bye to get healthy.  

I said something similar in an earlier post. I agree. They also shouldn’t replay games with no implication on playoff seeding against actual playoff teams. 

Now if a win guarantees playoff home field advantage, if it is the difference between making and not making the playoffs, or if it is the difference between picking 1st and 4th in the draft, go for it. 

Otherwise order those teams in the draft by win %. 

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

IMO using an extra week(s) after season for select games is unfair to teams who are in playoffs and were not cause of transmission.

It means teams without this extra week in playoffs get a bye or even an extra bye to get healthy.  

I was watching Peter King and Mike Florio this week. Peter made the point that there is just going to have to be some unfairness for some teams.  Someone is going to get screwed.  Not sure who is going to draw the short straw, but it’s almost inevitable someone will.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, wjag said:

I was watching Peter King and Mike Florio this week. Peter made the point that there is just going to have to be some unfairness for some teams.  Someone is going to get screwed.  Not sure who is going to draw the short straw, but it’s almost inevitable someone will.  

Before the season I posted an extensive list of how NFL could make season safer.  There was not many comments on it.

IMO it will come down to how to make the most money for NFL.  IMO the Bills should not be playing in Tennessee but at neutral site due to risk of facility but NFL will not likely do that.  This was something they should have established before start of season - if you have multiple COVID occurrences the NFL will not allow games to be played on site for a set period of time and if a team loses a home game due to it, that is their loss.

Likewise teams should be forfeiting games and while I can accept the rescheduling the make up week using bye week, the post season if they go for to it seems like a money grab - the games will be on TV or streaming and the NFL will not give it to anyone for free.

We have not low point in season. There will be more issues, some will be post bye, but I think NFL will push thru to recover as much money as they can this season partly because their partners get paid no matter what.

37 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

This year will be unlike any other.  Some teams will get screwed. Some teams will benefit.  It’s not going to be an even playing field for everyone.  Life isn’t “fair”.....life in 2020 is faaaaar from it, Nfl teams included. Try and get through the season and crown a champion, that’s the goal.  If people want to put an asterisk by the champ because they got an extra bye week or two, this season will be a massive success