Titans-Steelers game postponed til later in the season...Titans now effectively have a bye week to prepare for Bills

Big Turk
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please tightly restrict conversation in this thread to football and football-relevant matters.

Two Bills Drive no longer finds it appropriate to engage in COVID-19 discussion in our main discussion areas. (This includes your opinion about the incubation/infectious period, interval before a positive test, and infection control measures the NFL should employ, and this means YOU.) We are a Buffalo Bills fan community and we exist to serve fans of the Buffalo Bills and the NFL. Please use other communities and venues to discuss heath-related topics including COVID-19. 

Information about COVID-19 is available from many globally respected sources including:

Uptodate     |  British Medical Journal Best Practice   |      COVIPENDIUM    |    Our world in Data

The pinned topic: COVID-19 - Facts and Information Only Topic, located on the Off the Wall subforum, is also a resource.   Should these not meet your needs, many other sources of information (of varied accuracy) exist.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It’s not a big deal, but it’s a definite advantage. Regardless of the fact that the players can’t meet and practice, the coaching staff and their assistants will be pouring over the film and given extra time to craft a game plan. That extra time is valuable. 

Sounds like the league is going to move some games around and this will effectively be the BYE week for the Seelers and Titans.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Process said:

They are not allowed in the building at all this week.

We are in the middle of a pandemic, we knew things like this were going to happen. All teams will end up being affected at some point. 

There is absolutely no reason we should feel cheated or cry about them having a week off. **** is going to happen this year.

yup.   The only slight disadvantage might be getting rested players but some NFL coaches in the past have said after a week off you can come out flat too.

Plus the way we are changing up things each week, there isn't a whole of gameplanning they can do until they see how we beat the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I posted this on the other titans thread but Chris spielman’s brother is the GM of the Vikes and therefore given the information on what occurred with the titans as they had just played them. Spielman said on his podcast yesterday that it’s his understanding that a PS player on the titans tested positive on Saturday before the team left for minny. The player didn’t travel. That player had been in contact with a coach, who then held a meeting with a group of players while on the road in close quarters, and didn’t wear a mask. No one is tested on Sundays (Gameday). Monday the positives came back. If true, and no reason to not believe Spielman but of course it is second hand from Rick, but it was a break in protocol.

Previously, last Saturday, Tennessee outside linebackers coach Shane Bowen was placed in the league’s virus protocols and did not travel with the team to its game in Minnesota.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/tennessee-titans-game-postponed-indefinitely-as-teams-covid-19-case-count-rises-11601560639

42 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Its been 4 days.   Lets hope it holds out. 

The Raiders questionable practices then the Titans and their 9 players is worrisome 

Vikes opened their facility today 

5 minutes ago, iinii said:

Previously, last Saturday, Tennessee outside linebackers coach Shane Bowen was placed in the league’s virus protocols and did not travel with the team to its game in Minnesota.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/tennessee-titans-game-postponed-indefinitely-as-teams-covid-19-case-count-rises-11601560639

Interesting - I don’t think that was a the coach who was in the meeting. That coach didn’t test positive until Monday 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I don't like this...it effectively gives the Titans a major advantage because they screwed up and are now rewarded with extra time to prepare for us that we don't have.

I agree it’s kind of a benefit for Tenn, but I’m not sure they “screwed up.”

There’s nothing that indicates MN or TN did anything wrong.  This was going to happen, and it’s no ones fault as far as what has been reported.  The Raiders haven’t had any positive tests, but you can make an argument there.  Moving forward.  How about we just focus on beating the Raiders, and you know that teams facilities will be cleaned to the nth degree.  If we do our job, I’m fine.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Success said:

It's part of having a season in the time of COVID.  It's not going to be perfect.  

I'll take this w/ the trade-off that the season continues.

But I think the NFL was shortsighted on this. They should have built in at least 2 weeks between the regular season & playoffs for make-up games. They can't do double-headers like baseball.

Agreed.

Maybe something like a season with no individual group byes, but the entire league is open in let's just say week 8 and week 16 during an 18 week season.

If something were to happen in weeks 17 (15th game) and 18 (16th game)...well...too bad.  I mean, just we should know where we are at all over the league by then.

Titans and Steelers would just, as of now, be the only teams meeting up in Week 8.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Would not be surprised if the Bills game is postponed too. 

A week and a half to prepare for the Chiefs would be nice.  Another disadvantage of the game being cancelled is there's no chance for injured Titans.