The End of the Lamar Jackson Era

Shaw66

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Maybe... but not likely the way they are developing him.  I don't think he has the talent.  His only good pass is down the seam.  Amazing athlete though.

I think the Ravens organization is good enough to change his style of play and work with him to develop into a more well rounded QB. He does need more help at WR but that's not the only thing holding him back. 

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I think the Ravens organization is good enough to change his style of play and work with him to develop into a more well rounded QB. He does need more help at WR but that's not the only thing holding him back. 

The Ravens are definitely a good organization and well coached.  I just haven't seen anything different out of them.  They are playing Roman ball.  They have the perfect QB to play in that system.  The thing is... if you never try to expand upon Roman ball then you are never going to get better at the other stuff.

Lamar hasn't been the same Lamar as last season, but he's still a quality starter in a perfect situation for himself and that organization. In his defense, no one has really looked good against that Steelers defense this year. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

flag on the last play? For what? 

The hand was in there legally to break up the play, but they still made a lot of contact with the receivers head. I've seen it get called for a lot less. Two weeks in a row though and the Steelers get questionable calls at the end of the 4th to seal it. Ravens should've had at least 5 more seconds there or at least a flag for the player down behind the line if they won't add time. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The hand was in there legally to break up the play, but they still made a lot of contact with the receivers head. I've seen it get called for a lot less. Two weeks in a row though and the Steelers get questionable calls at the end of the 4th to seal it. Ravens should've had at least 5 more seconds there or at least a flag for the player down behind the line if they won't add time. 

I am not sure about the clock issue, but I feel

like you are right about that. seems like it should have stopped at the moment the Steelers player couldn’t get up.

But that pass defense by Fitzpatrick On the last play was a thing of beauty. Timed perfectly— going for the ball. It would have been an insanely bad call to call anything there. Snead had no chance. 

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am not sure about the clock issue, but I feel

like you are right about that. seems like it should have stopped at the moment the Steelers player couldn’t get up.

But that pass defense by Fitzpatrick On the last play was a thing of beauty. Timed perfectly— going for the ball. It would have been an insanely bad call to call anything there. Snead had no chance. 

If the NFL was a place where physical plays happen in the secondary, I would totally agree. Unfortunately players are almost always flagged for hitting too hard now. Add in the fact that there was contact to the head and I'm just surprised. His hand being in there and being at the right height was amazing though. 

• Like (+1) 2

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/02/hollywood-brown-apparently-isnt-happy-with-his-role/

Not everyone is happy in Ravens' Land apparently. The lack of utilization via play calling or Lamar's inability to get the ball to his WR's on a consistent basis isn't giving Marquise Brown that warm and fuzzy feeling. 

18 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Ravens had almost 500 yards of offense  Steelers just made some big plays and feasted on turnovers 

Those two INT's ( the pick 6 and the one deep in Ravens territory) kept Pitt in the game and ultimately allowed them to comeback and win it.

18 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Ravens had almost 500 yards of offense  Steelers just made some big plays and feasted on turnovers 

Ravens had more than double the yards the Steelers did, outgaining them 457 to 221. They won the game and figured out a way to get it done...kind of how the Bills figured out a way to get it done...

Steelers have not been a huge offensive team even though they are scoring points.  They have only gone over 400 total yards once, and it was against the Broncos with 410.  They have been held to under 300 yards offense two of the past 3 games(Ravens and Browns)

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Those two INT's ( the pick 6 and the one deep in Ravens territory) kept Pitt in the game and ultimately allowed them to comeback and win it.

And Haden almost had another

13 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/02/hollywood-brown-apparently-isnt-happy-with-his-role/

Not everyone is happy in Ravens' Land apparently. The lack of utilization via play calling or Lamar's inability to get the ball to his WR's on a consistent basis isn't giving Marquise Brown that warm and fuzzy feeling. 

:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I mean the refs screwed them on time at the end and could've easily flagged the last play. I'm not sure this game was one to point to. 

Yeah, not giving them any more time when there was a Steeler delaying the game was a curious decision.  Not sure how you go about assessing how much time was owed to the Ravens, but it should have been more than 08 seconds.

https://sports.yahoo.com/lamar-jacksons-struggles-183215931.html

Now beclowned and defeated in the Ravens’ two biggest games of the year — Jackson’s Week 3 performance against the Chiefs was one of the worst by any quarterback this season — Jackson finds himself looking more like the limited passer he was as a rookie than MVP he was a sophomore. There aren’t any easy answers. Jackson is the Ravens’ sole means of instant offense, with his skill corps amongst the league’s shallowest. Until Sunday, a three-man backfield had not been carrying its weight behind its dual-threat quarterback. Gus Edwards and J.K. Dobbins did their best to change that against the Steelers as Mark Ingram sat with a high-ankle sprain. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

People underestimate Lamar Jackson and the Ravens at their own peril. 

I wouldn't underestimate them, but they are a flawed team in a brutal conference.  The way they are built they have no chance of ever beating the Chiefs, and they will have a real tough time beating the Steelers or even the Colts.  Their passing attack is awful and they just lost a major part of their O line.  They are not winning anything this year. 

• Like (+1) 1