[Name Only Title] Space eater Damon "Snacks" Harrison

31 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Can we get Star to come back??

Letting Jordan Phillips go was a mistake.

Jordan Philips was a liability in the run game. He free lanced too often and was more interested in his sack total than staying in scheme.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jabu said:

Jordan Philips was a liability in the run game. He free lanced too often and was more interested in his sack total than staying in scheme.

People forget McD basically asked Phillips to rush and freelance at the 1 tech and while it would often lead to pressure and tackles for losses it was more often than not also succeptible to traps and other issues with the rushing game.

Edited by billsfan89

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Can we get Star to come back??

Letting Jordan Phillips go was a mistake.

Take a look at what Jordan has done with his new team: nothing. He made his money based on his ten sacks...which were mostly coverage sacks. He’s not the answer. 

With a 28 to 3 lead may have been the defense plan was to go into a bend but don't break mode.  Probably would have been OK with that if it weren't for the offense doing nothing  but getting stopped or turning the ball over.  Then defense had to go back out for long drives in  a some what warm day and was gassed.

3 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

***** sign him right now. The defense has become the glaring weakness of the team

I mean, that’s a little extreme. This same defense without Snacks Harrison, held a top 5 offense to 3 points in the first half. That’s not a weakness. Tackling was a major issue today. Ed Oliver got pushed around all day, and there were several issues of miscommunication in the secondary. 

Those kinds of things can be fixed in practice this week, and going forward. It’s only the 3rd game of limited offseason and no preseason. Those things matter, and it’s obvious now. 

3 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Welcome to Winning in the Nfl. 

you have to score a lot and hopefully your defense holds up for stretches along the way.

I've been saying that for a while, the NFL right now requires an offence that can put up big points, there are very few defences that are going to be able to stop most offences to allow you to win close games regularly

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

I've been saying that for a while, the NFL right now requires an offence that can put up big points, there are very few defences that are going to be able to stop most offences to allow you to win close games regularly

And ours will get it done more often than most. 

it was a tough half not a bad unit.

35 minutes ago, Luka said:

I'm fine with this because from my point of view, Oliver is trending towards bust. You see what Donald did today? That's what Oliver is allegedly capable of. Where is it?

I know man... i’m really worried about Oliver too... needs to put on 20lbs of muscle.. too small... not saying he can’t ball but he needs to show up with a better physique than he’s brought.. must of had a really lazy offseason..