[Name Only Title] Space eater Damon "Snacks" Harrison

30 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Phillips was terrible against the run. 
Not saying the Bills don’t need to do something, but Phillips didn’t fix the problem last year. 

He put pressure on the QB, something we are also struggling with.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Jordan Phillips was bad against the run... In fact Star was there when the team went through a stretch of bad run defense last year. It was only scheme adjustments and improved play from the D-line that got the team on track when it hit that mid-year slump.

This is a good point and shows a trend. How many blowouts have we seen mcds defense give up over the years.  And all the times it has been horrible run defense with our middle being gashed. How many times have we had to bring in players to help stop the horrific run defense!?  I know we have seen this at least twice in mcds tenure.  This time we fortunately didn’t lose because of such an improved offense but this is not a consistent way to win Needing 4 th quarter comebacks weekly. 
Let’s hope this is not another 3 game stretch to get the run d corrected.  Edmunds , if he was hurt should have been subbed. He was awful other than one hit. Trey also looked lost at times. Something is wrong with the scheme or communication.  Rams are good but they came back from 28-3 and once again we should have easily cruised from that point.  The terrible interception changed momentum but we still had an 11 point lead after that. Hard to explain that collapse but we have seen this too many times with this D. Remember Houston?   No lead is safe with this situation. Is it Frazier , Mcd, or lack of leadership by vets?  Not sure but this takes the luster from an amazing offensive performance. Maybe just an aberration,,,,but if it persists I bring up Zimmer , love, and consider more Dodson. Doubt we have cap space to add from outside.  Great win but definite red flags. Btw, Wallace did have a nice pick in first half. Our d line was getting some pressure early but that disappeared in second half. 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

6 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Welcome to Winning in the Nfl. 

you have to score a lot and hopefully your defense holds up for stretches along the way.

It's week to week and it seldom makes sense most of the time.

How do the Chargers put the clamps on the Chiefs last week but then can't stop the Panthers this week?

1 hour ago, Luka said:

We didn’t struggle putting pressure in week 1 and 2.  We applied good pressure in the first quarter today, then they ruled the day with the run and play action off the run.  

he didn’t get that much pressure on the QB.  When he applied pressure, he got sacks.  9.5.  Don’t get me wrong, 9.5 sacks for a DT is impressive, but it’s not representative of his play each and every game.  

he wasn’t very good vs the run and our run d was a problem today. Missing him has nothing to do with our regression on D after 3 games

What’s good, gents? What’s good?

Since McDermott took over, the defense has been excellent, but has gone through periods like this where they put up a few clunkers. That 3 week stretch in 2017 where we were losing 50-3 every week was enough for YE OLE to start thinking McBean wouldn’t see year 2.

But somehow McDermott and his staff always get it back together. As bad as it’s looked for stretches these last couple of weeks, there’s very good reason to believe that this defense starts playing lights out again and McDermott talks about going back to watch the tape, making corrections, PROCESS, etc. If that does happen and Allen is apparently an MVP level QB, it’s probably not going to go very well for the rest of the teams on our schedule.

I think it is a good idea. Corey Luiget is still out there as well. I thought he was very good against the run last year and gave us some nice pass rush push as well. Other guys out there who woul help, Kyle Love (former Panther) and Brandon Mebane. All stout nose tackle types. Snacks is the splashier move but Luiget is an easy add. 

Raiders have a strong power run game with Jacobs,  multiple tight ends, and use a very good fullback in Ingold. This week will be a very tough test in gap integrity and toughness. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

We didn’t struggle putting pressure in week 1 and 2.  We applied good pressure in the first quarter today, then they ruled the day with the run and play action off the run.  

he didn’t get that much pressure on the QB.  When he applied pressure, he got sacks.  9.5.  Don’t get me wrong, 9.5 sacks for a DT is impressive, but it’s not representative of his play each and every game.  

he wasn’t very good vs the run and our run d was a problem today. Missing him has nothing to do with our regression on D after 3 games

So between Phillips, Star and Lawson all being gone from last year's D Line, you don't see an issue with the defense and none of those players missing, especially the guy who could get to the QB and blow up some of that play action. Well ok then lol.

5 minutes ago, Luka said:

So between Phillips, Star and Lawson all being gone from last year's D Line, you don't see an issue with the defense and none of those players missing, especially the guy who could get to the QB and blow up some of that play action. Well ok then lol.

No, I don’t think losing Jordan Phillips and replacing him with Quinten Jefferson has hurt our D.  

No, I don’t think star opting out and replacing him with Vernon butler has hurt our D.

no, I don’t think losing Shaq Lawson and replacing him with Mario addison has hurt our D.  

I think that the makeshift offseason, having no fans, tremaine sucking, Tre’Davious not playing like he did last year and not playing the terrible offenses we played last year has more to do with it than the additions/subtractions.  

19 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

***** sign him right now. The defense has become the glaring weakness of the team

We don't have the money. They will save the $4 mill they have left for any replacements they need to make for injuries.

16 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I've been saying that for a while, the NFL right now requires an offence that can put up big points, there are very few defences that are going to be able to stop most offences to allow you to win close games regularly

Equally there are very few offenses that will run through most defenses well enough to win close games regularly.

You need both to be good and hopefully one to be excellent.

Edited by Thurman#1

14 hours ago, Luka said:

Phillips didn't have all that many pressures last year. He was lucky enough to turn a large number of his pressures to sacks. But he wasn't the answer.

Losing Star was big, bigger than most wanted to admit. Hopefully the D can adjust using scheme and tactics. And by getting healthy, which is certainly a major part of the problem.

19 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I dont think a space eater in the problem.  They played the #1 running team by a wide margin.  Milano and Edmunds are not where they need to be in run fits.  Its also the second game they saw another team.  Give it some time.  I think they are going to be a very good compliment to the offense.  

Who is the number 1 running team? 

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No, I don’t think losing Jordan Phillips and replacing him with Quinten Jefferson has hurt our D.  

No, I don’t think star opting out and replacing him with Vernon butler has hurt our D.

no, I don’t think losing Shaq Lawson and replacing him with Mario addison has hurt our D.  

I think that the makeshift offseason, having no fans, tremaine sucking, Tre’Davious not playing like he did last year and not playing the terrible offenses we played last year has more to do with it than the additions/subtractions.  

The Jets are the worst offense in the league. The Dolphins aren't very good either.