Gameday PreGame Thread Bills vs. Rams

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I like Kim Jones.  Good reporter, solid voice, easy on the eyes.

She is a really good reporter. When they do their around the stadiums bits on NFL Network she is regularly the reporter who has a different angle than the one thing that has been done to death all week in the build up. The next time James Palmer tells me anything I didn't already know will be the first. 

• Like (+1) 2

I’m interested to see if Rams CB Darius Williams will be active with that ankle injury. Potentially huge. 

Another matchup I like is vs their rookie Safety Jordan Fuller. A fine Buckeye, but he’s slow. Very, smart kid but athletically I’ll take any of our skill guys on offense in that matchup. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sal should speak to Kim. She got the scoop. 

I think the scoops come from player agents.  They talk and do favors for media with a national following.  She gets a scoop and returns the favor by saying how important they are because they can play in all situations.

Win, win win for the player, agent and reporter.  All get a boost to their brand.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

19 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Big question of course is will they be back 100%?  We need Edmunds to be able to wrap and tackle Higbee and Brown.

20 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Wind makes touch passes a bad idea the further downfield they travel.  Run more screens and QB runs to move the chains.  Missed tackles in the 2nd level are big.

Wasn't it pretty windy during the Jets game?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Big question of course is will they be back 100%?  We need Edmunds to be able to wrap and tackle Higbee and Brown.

Wasn't it pretty windy during the Jets game?

Not to my recollection.  Last I heard was 16 to 20 with gusts of 30+.  I have not heard an update today.

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What kind of useless growth of cells sets up a fake Twitter account in the name of a local beat reporter and posts fake injury news a couple hours before kickoff?  Seriously, millions of years of evolution and struggle just to spawn a wasted husk of a creature like that.  

Yeah... I've got it in for the guy who invented Twitter, too! 😠

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who said that? There is nothing at all on Twitter. 

Yes there was a fake tweet last night. It is a fake Sal account 

Some people need a life

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just hope they are truly good to go.  Would hate to see them come back prematurely, re-injure and be out longer.  The T-train is a double-edged sword.

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What kind of useless growth of cells sets up a fake Twitter account in the name of a local beat reporter and posts fake injury news a couple hours before kickoff?  Seriously, millions of years of evolution and struggle just to spawn a wasted husk of a creature like that.  

Can such things move a betting line or action?  Just asking.  Stupid crazy info can influence elections.

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Hey I resemble that remark. This game, I dunno. Could be a Bills blowout, a Rams blowout, or a nail biter. This causes loss of sleep. Hence this post.

That said, who has really blown the Bills out in the past year... that Eagles game, and the cause was not stopping the run. Not sure that’s the Rams identity. It’s starting to feel like Allen gives them a chance in any game - who else can pressure a defense to all points of the field the way he does? Deep, intermediate, outside the hashes... and if you back off he just runs for it. You can’t stop it all and as he continues to identify where the weakness is the offense should get more and more efficient.

The PPG the last couple weeks don’t reflect the amount of long, sustained drives. The yards do though. Tough to see the O getting stymied to the point where it’d get out of hand.

🤣😂 LMAO

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm a little concerned myself. 

Bills-Rams is being televised in St Louis so I can watch it on regular TV, but that's a change from the first 2 games.

Thoughts?

Play it safe and record it on DVR.  Watch it a bit behind the live feed.  We should be good.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Some people need a life

I just hope they are truly good to go.  Would hate to see them come back prematurely, re-injure and be out longer.  The T-train is a double-edged sword.

Worry wart! They’re PLAYING! They’re intelligent players! They have the wingspan of Eagles!

Pour a morning cocktail and relax.😉

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bills-Rams is being televised in St Louis so I can watch it on regular TV, but that's a change from the first 2 games.

Thoughts?

I say watch on regular TV, Sean McDermott doesn't coach conservatively and neither should you;  play fearless. ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thoughts?

Week 1 was locally televised, Bills won and Josh slung for 300+.

Week 2 was NOT locally televised, Bills won and Josh threw for over 400.

The only trend is winning and high output from Josh.

Incidentally, this week's game is NOT locally televised.  I chose to listen to the game on the radio instead of going to a bar.  Doing the same today.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It's what happens these days, with everything.