Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Special K

32 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He’s had issues with turnovers every season. I’m concerned this isn’t something he will get past at this point.   And that’s a problem because moving the ball up and down the field is something he’s lead before; then he fumbles away the points the Bills should have, and the game is closer than it should be.

But yeah, he has all the intangibles one could want.  And his physical ability speaks for itself.

He is 27 games in as a starter. Interceptions and bad decisions on throws are not the turnovers he's having. The ball security should be tightened up by the coaching staff. He brings a dimension to our offence with the running and incredible arm strength that only a handful of teams have. Give this guy this season to show his ability to win against good defenses. Bills fans should be more concerned about opening holes for the run game Josh needs to maximize his talent. 

the same group of people out there that said Josh cant play better then 60% and will never be a 60% thrower.

The same group of people that said he cant be a 300 yard thrower 

How do you make Better.. have a true #1 threat WR.

This is the same Offense thats run in Cleveland and they still have better tools. If we had a chubs on this team we would be scary good.

Baker will be a bust Ive said this from day 1.

Darnold is getting destroyed do to bad coaching.

I have seen Lamar Jacksons Ceiling.. have we seen Allens ceiling yet? not even close.

Bottom line our players are making Josh look better and Josh is making our players look and perform better in some cases. Just how it should be.

Edited by PrimeTime101

Of all the so called sports shows on, LeBatard's show is probably the least sports oriented of them all.  He wants to have a 4 hour show of laughing and joking and showing everyone that most of us all take sports too seriously.  So to that point it's easy to put a blooper reel of Josh Allen "highlights" together.  They've been going down that path so easy to continue and face it he did and still did this past Sunday provide a fair amount off material for this point.  They don't care about the good plays, partly as has been stated no one wants to be proven wrong and they really aren't a sports show to begin with.  Interesting too how he's been cut down to only 2 hours.

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Meanwhile most of the same media slobs all over Newton and his 240 total yds vs that vaunted fins defense.... makes sense right? 

If it’s Allen it was “just the Jets”. Newton, after an 0-8 stretch, has a fairly pedestrian game against a crap squad and his whole career trajectory has changed now! 

did you see JacksonS lateral this weekend? Probably not, but it was about as bad as Allen’s from last season.  Where’s the coverage on that? Where’s the tweets and gifs? Allen goes 33-44 for over 300, 104 rating and no picks and what do they talk about? a missed pass. Sorry, that’s just lame and pathetic. 

We agree on one thing though. The ONLY way the narrative changes is when he strings together some solid games vs legit squads. That doesn’t change how silly it is to just totally discount when he carves up a bad team. He didn’t was he was supposed to do. Allen has already proved most of these hot takes wrong and they all look like little toddlers throwing tantrums just plugging there ears and stomping around trying to point out one bad play. 

Newton is a redemption/comeback story after looking like his career might be shot, and he's doing it for a HoF coach that is starting the season with a new QB for the first time in 20 years. Like it or not, the Brady-Newton swap is the story of the season and is going to be under the microscope all year.

There's plenty of praise for Allen out there, but people here are looking for criticism. Some fans are expecting the entire internet and social media universe to come together and worship Allen. It's not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Some of you are too sensitive. 

This.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

He certainly can spend more time, but he can make that throw; there's plenty of tape on him making it.  The one against Miami from the endzone immediately comes to mind.  He just missed the throws.

well he missed knox earlier on the same throw

Yea, I can explain it. They dream of Allen for their team(s), and are jealous we have him, so they try to find 1-3 sloppy plays per game and need to discount the other 40 good plays..They want him perfect, flawless on the field, as they in reality see him as perfect for this team,  and then when he is perfect is they'd likely call him fake, lucky, or say it was a result of the team around him..

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Special K said:

Skip to 10:55

These guys were complete jerks towards Josh Allen, and this isn't the first time they've done this to him.

I will never watch this show again when these two clowns are on it.....complete garbage from these guys!!

I think Bills Mafia need to get on these guys twitter accounts and let them know what we think of their opinions of Josh Allen!

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Are we really going to have another thread every time two random schmoes on the internet don't like Allen?   

I'm not saying Josh is above criticism.....no one is, but there is a difference between criticism and what these two clowns have been doing to Allen for the past two years. It feels there is something more to it with these two, and that's why I asked the question.

There has been a lot of interesting reasoning given for their stance, and I am going to take some of the advice given in this thread and not give too much credit to their opinions by taking them too seriously.

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

the same group of people out there that said Josh cant play better then 60% and will never be a 60% thrower.

The same group of people that said he cant be a 300 yard thrower 

How do you make Better.. have a true #1 threat WR.

This is the same Offense thats run in Cleveland and they still have better tools. If we had a chubs on this team we would be scary good.

Baker will be a bust Ive said this from day 1.

Darnold is getting destroyed do to bad coaching.

I have seen Lamar Jacksons Ceiling.. have we seen Allens ceiling yet? not even close.

Bottom line our players are making Josh look better and Josh is making our players look and perform better in some cases. Just how it should be.

Why have we seen Lamar’s ceiling?  He just had 3 tds passes in his first game of the season and excellent ball placement. 

this board really struggles to give Lamar any credit.  It’s strange.  If Allen had Lamar’s numbers after his college career, I think you u would have to be a moron to question him. 

14 hours ago, purple haze said:

Allen is sloppy with the rock.  People remember things like that.  They remember dumb laterals in playoff games.  That said, he’s still pretty good and getting better.  If he plays well and lessens turnovers the Bills will go far.  But he has to stop giving the ball away.  They should’ve had 40 something points yesterday.  Foxworth is right.  Better teams will take advantage of those mistakes.

In the lateral play... if Josh tosses that a second earlier Knox gains about 20 more yards easily. Josh hesitated. I don’t fault him for that. 

The fumbling  from him is just not being smart right now. Both those fumbles were on 3rd down. Get the yardage and slide, don’t even take a hit... it’s not that he’s sloppy, he just needs to mature and know when to go for it and when to play smart....

I felt he was a little sloppy on like 2-3 passes on Sunday and the fumbles could have been avoided, just slide especially if you already have the first down.

Edited by CEN-CAL17

I had to listen and judge for myself, and from the sounds of it Josh won't be able to shoot a pineapple up a receivers butt (or something like that).  I guess we drafted the wrong Josh.  He never can execute a 5 step drop NFL pass on time, I mean he is obviously Kyle Boller doomed.

I hope someday Joshy wins a Super Bowl in the most ugliest of ways, like 6-3 in a punt fest ugly.  This way the haters can continue to hate, add an asterisk, tell us Dilfer was all world in comparison, etc.  It won't matter at that point.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why have we seen Lamar’s ceiling?  He just had 3 tds passes in his first game of the season and excellent ball placement. 

this board really struggles to give Lamar any credit.  It’s strange.  If Allen had Lamar’s numbers after his college career, I think you u would have to be a moron to question him. 

I've reversed course on Lamar.  I thought he was a bad prospect coming out of college (to be fair I thought the same about Allen).   He refused to throw outside the hashes in college, did the same in his first two years.  But with the game he had Sunday, including the wideouts, my mind has been changed.   He has elite physical tools and has went to an organization who builds around him perfectly, both personnel and scheme wise.  He is a top five quarterback in the league and I dont think you can make a legitimate argument he's not devoid of emotion of course.

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

They were the guys who went after him for the teenage tweets draft day.  They will hate on him forever.  

This is the real issue.  They have hard feelings towards him.