Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

Recommended Posts

Bohmani Jones was a promising voice of reason for awhile, I generally enjoyed his views. Somewhere along the line the Lebarted, Woody Paige hot take school got to him....and he soured.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a lot of truth in what Foxworth was saying. 11:30 - 12:00 was all fair game IMO. Bomani just hates Allen; always has. As I've said many times, I absolutely loved Lamar as a prospect (had him as my #1 QB prospect in the draft) and liked Allen as well. Bomani was one of the people that disagreed with all the scouts that were saying Allen was a potential #1 pick while Lamar was a potential late 1st round or 2nd round pick (which I totally agree with him on) but he basically got fed up about it and started arguing that if Josh were African American, he would have been ranked lower than Lamar was and that's why he's continued to call him Jaheim Allen instead of Josh even now. The stuff from Bomani is bush league; Foxworth was basically fine (at least for most of his argument).

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you had a friend who said he was this great ladies man but all he ever did was hook up with 2s, what would you think?  The Jets are like a 2, maybe a 1.  They might be the worst team in the NFL.  If Allen wants “respect”, he will need to do it to a 7 or higher and he has a bunch of chances last year.

 

personally, minus the fumbles and a couple passes, I thought it was a strong game.  He should have a good game this week as well and then the real tests start.  But that was a perfect preseason game and Allen looked confident.  Now do it against the big dogs.

 

and bomani, who is alright but seems a bit cranky, thinks that if Allen was black, he would be viewed like how other young black qbs used to be. Hell, we have “experts” here who put down Lamar Jackson after winning the MVP.  There is some truth there but Allen definitely takes a lot of criticism but again, it’s not completely unwarranted.  
 

But if strings together games where he can win with his arm and against good opponents, he will get his respect.  So all in all, a very good start to the season for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

too busy hyping up their boys  I dont listen anymore and those three clowns have nothing tangible to offer anyway  You can bet when one of their boys falter they will have a long list of excuses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

There was a lot of truth in what Foxworth was saying. 11:30 - 12:00 was all fair game IMO. Bomani just hates Allen; always has. As I've said many times, I absolutely loved Lamar as a prospect (had him as my #1 QB prospect in the draft) and liked Allen as well. Bomani was one of the people that disagreed with all the scouts that were saying Allen was a potential #1 pick while Lamar was a potential late 1st round or 2nd round pick (which I totally agree with him on) but he basically got fed up about it and started arguing that if Josh were African American, he would have been ranked lower than Lamar was and that's why he's continued to call him Jaheim Allen instead of Josh even now. The stuff from Bomani is bush league; Foxworth was basically fine (at least for most of his argument).

Yeah, I posted similar stuff.  He is kinda right about the Jackson stuff. There is little doubt right now he should have been the #1 pick with Allen being the second best qb.  
 

I actually had Allen and Jackson ranked the same coming out because I was worried about them as passers but loved the physical skills.  Both have found good situations and are doing well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

If you had a friend who said he was this great ladies man but all he ever did was hook up with 2s, what would you think?  The Jets are like a 2, maybe a 1.  They might be the worst team in the NFL.  If Allen wants “respect”, he will need to do it to a 7 or higher and he has a bunch of chances last year.

 

personally, minus the fumbles and a couple passes, I thought it was a strong game.  He should have a good game this week as well and then the real tests start.  But that was a perfect preseason game and Allen looked confident.  Now do it against the big dogs.

 

and bomani, who is alright but seems a bit cranky, thinks that if Allen was black, he would be viewed like how other young black qbs used to be. Hell, we have “experts” here who put down Lamar Jackson after winning the MVP.  There is some truth there but Allen definitely takes a lot of criticism but again, it’s not completely unwarranted.  
 

But if strings together games where he can win with his arm and against good opponents, he will get his respect.  So all in all, a very good start to the season for him.

Meanwhile most of the same media slobs all over Newton and his 240 total yds vs that vaunted fins defense.... makes sense right? 
 

If it’s Allen it was “just the Jets”. Newton, after an 0-8 stretch, has a fairly pedestrian game against a crap squad and his whole career trajectory has changed now! 
 

did you see JacksonS lateral this weekend? Probably not, but it was about as bad as Allen’s from last season.  Where’s the coverage on that? Where’s the tweets and gifs? Allen goes 33-44 for over 300, 104 rating and no picks and what do they talk about? a missed pass. Sorry, that’s just lame and pathetic. 
 

We agree on one thing though. The ONLY way the narrative changes is when he strings together some solid games vs legit squads. That doesn’t change how silly it is to just totally discount when he carves up a bad team. He didn’t was he was supposed to do. Allen has already proved most of these hot takes wrong and they all look like little toddlers throwing tantrums just plugging there ears and stomping around trying to point out one bad play. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, I posted similar stuff.  He is kinda right about the Jackson stuff. There is little doubt right now he should have been the #1 pick with Allen being the second best qb.  
 

I actually had Allen and Jackson ranked the same coming out because I was worried about them as passers but loved the physical skills.  Both have found good situations and are doing well.  

 

Jackson would SUCK in Cleveland. Pretty sure anyone would, but especially the guy who needed a completely unique and customized offense be built around him. One that no one with the Browns is/was capable of designing.

 

No one can succeed in Cleveland. That franchise is rotten from the top down.

 

Regardless of how he's looked in NY, I still think Darnold should have been Cleveland's pick. For as bad as Cleveland is, I think it's a better situation than NYJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every game Allen proves his haters and supporters right. That being said stop watching the Dan Leberard show, some of the worse content on ESPN, which is saying alot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Jackson would SUCK in Cleveland. Pretty sure anyone would, but especially the guy who needed a completely unique and customized offense be built around him. One that no one with the Browns is/was capable of designing.

 

No one can succeed in Cleveland. That franchise is rotten from the top down.

 

Regardless of how he's looked in NY, I still think Darnold should have been Cleveland's pick. For as bad as Cleveland is, I think it's a better situation than NYJ.

I just think Lamar is really, really good and would be good anywhere.  Because so far, he has been really good anywhere.  Louisville wasn’t exactly loaded with talent.  
 

and on paper, the Cleveland situation looks awesome for a qb. I hated Baker in college but I thought he had Brees potential but he might be an Oklahoma creation.  Murray looks much, much better than him. 

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Every game Allen proves his haters and supporters right. That being said stop watching the Dan Leberard show, some of the worse content on ESPN, which is saying alot

Disagree.  That show is pretty funny but to each their own. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Meanwhile most of the same media slobs all over Newton and his 240 total yds vs that vaunted fins defense.... makes sense right? 
 

If it’s Allen it was “just the Jets”. Newton, after an 0-8 stretch, has a fairly pedestrian game against a crap squad and his whole career trajectory has changed now! 
 

did you see JacksonS lateral this weekend? Probably not, but it was about as bad as Allen’s from last season.  Where’s the coverage on that? Where’s the tweets and gifs? Allen goes 33-44 for over 300, 104 rating and no picks and what do they talk about? a missed pass. Sorry, that’s just lame and pathetic. 
 

We agree on one thing though. The ONLY way the narrative changes is when he strings together some solid games vs legit squads. That doesn’t change how silly it is to just totally discount when he carves up a bad team. He didn’t was he was supposed to do. Allen has already proved most of these hot takes wrong and they all look like little toddlers throwing tantrums just plugging there ears and stomping around trying to point out one bad play. 

You do realize that Jackson and Newton have won MVPs and are routinely criticized here all the time. Prior to the Jets game,  he had a career high 266 passing yards and averaged 190 for his career.  Those are really bad for a qb, so it’s not like they are Just making up stuff.

 

if Allen continues with these games, it will stop.  Consistency is the key.  No one doubts his ability to make amazing plays.  Just needs to string quarters and games together to become a legit guy. Nice start. 

 

1 hour ago, Kelsayrundefense said:

How did Foxworth get an MBA from Harvard?  Guy is a moron.

You determine intelligence based on if a person likes the QB of your favorite team?  Where did you get your MBA, Gordon Gecko?

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You do realize that Jackson and Newton have won MVPs and are routinely criticized here all the time. Prior to the Jets game,  he had a career high 266 passing yards and averaged 190 for his career.  Those are really bad for a qb, so it’s not like they are Just making up stuff.

 

if Allen continues with these games, it will stop.  Consistency is the key.  No one doubts his ability to make amazing plays.  Just needs to string quarters and games together to become a legit guy. Nice start. 

 

Right so because Jackson has won an MVP we’ll sweep his dumb plays under the rug I suppose. Meanwhile Allen can completely go off in week one and basically your justifying glossing over that in order to dedicate a whole segment to one missed pass. I have no clue why somebody would try and justify that approach. But whatever, man. 
 

like somebody said earlier of the analysts. They were Bush league. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You determine intelligence based on if a person likes the QB of your favorite team?  Where did you get your MBA, Gordon Gecko?

Have you ever heard the guy expound his opinion on a topic?  You can tell he's not super bright.  I never got an MBA.  When I got out of college, I wanted to make money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Special K said:

Skip to 10:55

 

 

These guys were complete jerks towards Josh Allen, and this isn't the first time they've done this to him.

 

I will never watch this show again when these two clowns are on it.....complete garbage from these guys!!

 

I think Bills Mafia need to get on these guys twitter accounts and let them know what we think of their opinions of Josh Allen!

LebaTARD lives up to his name. Jones and Foxworth are just more of the same idiots employed by ESPN. Nothing to see here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hate stems from the whole Lamar Jackson disrespect in his draft process.  Fair or not, Allen was the target for all the people who felt Lamar was disrespected in the draft process.  Josh had nothing to do with the Lamar disrespect, but he was the target.  You even see the hate transitioned to this board from posters like @C.Biscuit97 and others who always bring up Lamar when they get challenged on their criticism of Josh.  Then the pre-draft tweets solidified their hate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

The hate stems from the whole Lamar Jackson disrespect in his draft process.  Fair or not, Allen was the target for all the people who felt Lamar was disrespected in the draft process.  Josh had nothing to do with the Lamar disrespect, but he was the target.  You even see the hate transitioned to this board from posters like @C.Biscuit97 and others who always bring up Lamar when they get challenged on their criticism of Josh.  Then the pre-draft tweets solidified their hate.  

What?  All I ever do is mention how this board loves putting down Jackson, a MVP, and then want to start a riot whenever someone questions Allen.  The logic of doubting a MVP/ Heisman trophy winner at 23 and then getting upset when someone criticizes Allen is crazy. 
 

that said, they are currently the best QBs of their draft class.  

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What?  All I ever do is mention how this board loves putting down Jackson, a MVP, and then want to start a riot whenever someone questions Allen.  The logic of doubting a MVP/ Heisman trophy winner at 23 and then getting upset when someone criticizes Allen is crazy. 
 

that said, they are currently the best QBs of their draft class.  

 

See, you're doing it right now.  Point Made.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right so because Jackson has won an MVP we’ll sweep his dumb plays under the rug I suppose. Meanwhile Allen can completely go off in week one and basically your justifying glossing over that in order to dedicate a whole segment to one missed pass. I have no clue why somebody would try and justify that approach. But whatever, man. 
 

like somebody said earlier of the analysts. They were Bush league. 

Um yeah.  The Patriots have had some horrible draft picks.  It could be argued that the Bills have drafted better. But guess what? When you win 6 SBs, you get the benefit of the doubt,

 

if Allen wins a MVP/ SB, they will stop laughing at his bad plays because then it just looks petty,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...