Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Can someone explain the Josh Allen hate from Bomani Jones and Dominique Foxworth??

7 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Nice! I'm super excited to all the outdoor stuff available to us now. At least Orlando has access to cool hiking...fort Lauderdale has just the beach basically and a few nice parks...but it's so developed.

We rented in Garner for the year and then we'll figure out a bit more. If you have any suggestions for cool things to do and have a moment to pm, definitely would be appreciated. Hoping to be able to get Stephenson's BBQ tomorrow since its 10 min from my place and on the nc bbq trail.

Also, have a feeling I might end up back in Rochester myself one of these days a while from now (from Penfield and went to U of R...then got the heck out to Boston, FL, and now Raleigh).

BBQ Trail is a must, it’s really one of the best ways to find what places you like. Also, don’t be shy about ordering the fried chicken as some of the BBQ joints really shine at it. 

Feel free to hit me up with a pm. I’d rather not bog down this thread with an off topic conversation. 👍🏼

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

Meanwhile most of the same media slobs all over Newton and his 240 total yds vs that vaunted fins defense.... makes sense right? 

If it’s Allen it was “just the Jets”. Newton, after an 0-8 stretch, has a fairly pedestrian game against a crap squad and his whole career trajectory has changed now! 

did you see JacksonS lateral this weekend? Probably not, but it was about as bad as Allen’s from last season.  Where’s the coverage on that? Where’s the tweets and gifs? Allen goes 33-44 for over 300, 104 rating and no picks and what do they talk about? a missed pass. Sorry, that’s just lame and pathetic. 

We agree on one thing though. The ONLY way the narrative changes is when he strings together some solid games vs legit squads. That doesn’t change how silly it is to just totally discount when he carves up a bad team. He didn’t was he was supposed to do. Allen has already proved most of these hot takes wrong and they all look like little toddlers throwing tantrums just plugging there ears and stomping around trying to point out one bad play. 

Been throwing this in at various discussions.  Josh Allen in 2019 had a season much like Cam's average from 2013-2017 which, of course, includes his MVP year, per PFR.  So it's not just last week it also is about the consensus narrative of them.  Having 5 years of Cam's play looking like Josh's 2nd year means what?  Cam is not as good as advertised or Josh is better than portrayed?  I think both are likely true.

Josh 2019 vs. 5 years of Cam.JPG

These guys are worthless as commentators. They go so far as to admit their biases without directly mentioning those biases. Blowmani Jones and Domofreak Crocksworth are useless to me. Even their takes on other teams/players were useless.

On 9/15/2020 at 3:08 AM, billsbackto81 said:

Okay, made a mistake. he's 0-1 in first rd and 0-1 in 2nd rd. I've corrected the error.  It gets foggy this time of night at work. Did you agree with the rest or did you just want to spot check my post. I usually do but like I said, I'm at work.

Appreciate the correction though👍

Wow.  You forgot the Bills playoff game already.   That spectular game winning play he made in OT did count as a victory

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Haha. Half the country is going to have to eat it.

What do they have to eat? Weren't we expected to beat the dolphins? Real question.

• Confused 3

You honestly think the Allen haters are going to shut up.

They are all going to say he did it against the Jets and Dolphins.

Let's see how he does against the Rams.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, the_D said:

What do they have to eat? Weren't we expected to beat the dolphins? Real question.

Maybe you are out of the loop. Montoya's post is referring to most of the media's perception of Allen as an inaccurate QB that is holding back a team with a  great defense.

Just now, njbuff said:

You honestly think the Allen haters are going to shut up.

They are all going to say he did it against the Jets and Dolphins.

Let's see how he does against the Rams.

Nobody is expecting 4 tds and 400 yards against the Rams but we'll still settle for 2 TDs and 300 yards. 

They had valid points. They highlighted some real issues with Josh but they neglected to highlight his strengths and the growth he shown this year. Finally has talented receivers and it’s night and day from last year. 

15 minutes ago, billsgpr88 said:

Cannot WAIT to hear what they got to say this week🤣

Me too.....these clowns 🤡 have to eat their words at some point.

19 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I hope you choke on it!   🤣

Meh.  They are playing to the larger markets in the AFC East.  Are they still on ESPN?  Have not watched ESPN for 4 years now.  I'm watching for ESPN panhandlers along 490 as times have been tough for them.

they'll still have something, for the 400 yards and 4 touchdowns

2 hours ago, unclepete said:

They had valid points. They highlighted some real issues with Josh but they neglected to highlight his strengths and the growth he shown this year. Finally has talented receivers and it’s night and day from last year. 

Their points are not valid IMO when they lie by omission.  If you only focus on the negative plays for a QB you can make any of them look bad or have issues. 

Like you point out you can't discuss a QB like Allen without talking about his freaky great plays and year to year improvements.