No worries about Josh but the Interior DL is a concern!

PUNT750

7 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

My metrics are players with quality resumes!

😆😆😆Lawson? who played his best in contract year, Lotulelei? who  most people here already want him out Phillips? that most of his sacks were products of the pressure of the rest of the line, and people forgive him the amount of penalties he caused (and don't do the same with Hughes)

The outcome of this DL is determined by team play and not for individuals goals

7 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

The first game has not even been played yet. No preseason. Every one of our players is a concern until proven otherwise. OP bases his concerns completely on being a Josh fanboy, not on acutal performance. Josh has proven nothing yet. He has yet to prove he is true franchise QB. We all hope he will step up and improve, but he is a huge question mark till he actually proves himself in a game this year. As is with every player, every year. You need to prove yourself every year and not live on what you once did in the past. You either get better, stay the same, or do worse. Let us hope that everyone proves themselves this year when the games are finally actually played.

Edited by simpleman

The OL remains a far bigger concern than Josh and certainly the DL.  The OL was a mediocrity last year - they just looked good to us because they weren't the dumpster fire that was the 2018 OL.  We've got to hope Ford improves, and Nsehke and Williams can stay healthy, if they are going to do anything better than be average.  

Star was a likely CUT before he opted out.  He did not hold his ground nearly as well as you hope for for an expensive NT.

Jordan Phillips was the single biggest point of failure in the run defense.  Numerous instances of him getting out of position available here and elsewhere.  He also would not have made this team's roster.

The two of them were being replaced:   Ed Oliver, Harrison Phillips, Quinton Jefferson, Vernon Butler are your DTs - which one gets cut for the two they lost?

At DE Shaq was good enough, but not even a starter.  Addison and Epenesa will fill in just fine.

Edited by BobChalmers

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If we score enough points teams won't be able to run. I don't think we'll be good vs the run but in terms of concerns it's a distant 2nd behind our ability to put up points. 

Josh Allen remains the biggest concern on the team until proven otherwise.

Sure, imagine that he only plays as well as he did last year, *gasp* and is only able to secure a playoff spot with two weeks to spare. Too terrible to contemplate.

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Anyone ever hear of a guy named Ed? I think he owns a horse stable..🤓

Funny how he fails to mention the future All Pro.

2 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I share your concern for our run defense, but Allen has proven nothing yet. Why does everyone give him a free pass?

What does 'free pass' mean?

• Like (+1) 1

Vernon Butler may be slightly less consistent as run defender than the underrated Start Lotulelei.  Oliver should be even better as an all around under tackle in his "sophomore "season.  He's good against the run and disruptive in the passing game.  Quinton Jefferson and Horrible Harry are better than the guys they are replacing.  As has been stated, Jordan Phillips, though disruptive in passing defense, was undisciplined and a liability in run defense.  Barring the injury bug, the interior of the defensive line should be fine, and the practice squad has a couple serviceable guys to boot.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I share your concern for our run defense, but Allen has proven nothing yet. Why does everyone give him a free pass?

Allen has proven a lot, but he does need to continue to get better. I don't see anyone giving him a free pass.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

He's proven he can improve as evidenced by looking at his play from 2018 and comparing it to 2019. It's not a free pass. I think everyone is encouraged by the reports coming out of camp and the feeling that he is going to make a similar leap from year two to three as he did from one to two. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Given the volume of threads & posters over the past 2 seasons who question his franchise qb long term viability, I’m not sure how saying “everyone” gives him a free pass, as a blanket statement, is even remotely supportable. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Lots of veteran talent brought in. Losing Star will be bigger issue than this board wants to give credit. He absorbed a ton of blockers last year.  H. Phillips was terrible his rookie year but looked a bit better before the ACL. Still its asking a lot from him to play a bunch early on. 

Oliver is the key here. I didn't like the draft pick but most on this board loved it. He didn't show much last year but there were flashes of him playing well.

• Like (+1) 1