Greece area Bills bars?

Wife and I have been in Rochester around 9 years but have rented that whole time in East Rochester.  We recently bought a house on the edge of Greece, off Britton road.  I had asked the board a while back what are some good Bills bars that had a solid game day pro Bills crowd that went above the others and got turned onto the Bills Backer gathering at Pittsford pub.  Just a great scene for the Patriots Saturday game and the playoff game last year, albeit losses.  So now I ask what's the spot in Greece.  I know all bars will have Bills fans but what bars in the area are a cut above?  

I realise things will be a little different based on the pandemic.

Go Bills, I'll be cheering from a new place later this month!

• Like (+1) 1

Welcome to the west side sir!

The Retreat in N. Greece has done a great job with Bills games, they promote it on FB too.  TC Hooligan's has a lot of TVs and wood fired pizza (I suggest the Ferrari Pizza - very spicy).  Bathtub Billy's was THE go to place but haven't been in a while - sure it is still a lot of fun.  Go Bills!

By the way - check out Turning Point Park (off Boxart St) it isn't that far from your area and they built a boardwalk that goes over the water - pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Special K said:

The Parthenon and the Acropolis | HowStuffWorks

Sad how they let the place go..,

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I heard Thermistocles is a huge Bills fan.  King Leonids was too until well, you know.  Oh, and Xerxes is a Pats fan.  Figures.  I hate that God King.

Xerxes!  What a jerxes!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The BLUES Brothers said:

The Retreat in N. Greece has done a great job with Bills games, they promote it on FB too.  TC Hooligan's has a lot of TVs and wood fired pizza (I suggest the Ferrari Pizza - very spicy).  Bathtub Billy's was THE go to place but haven't been in a while - sure it is still a lot of fun.  Go Bills!

By the way - check out Turning Point Park (off Boxart St) it isn't that far from your area and they built a boardwalk that goes over the water - pretty cool.

Sounds good!  Thanks for the suggestions and the welcome.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I heard Thermistocles is a huge Bills fan.  King Leonids was too until well, you know.  Oh, and Xerxes is a Pats fan.  Figures.  I hate that God King.

I've heard he used to watch the games with Hitler, but stopped as Hitler would just get too intense and excited while watching.  Made him nervous  one game when the Bills lost and Hitler blamed him for the loss and threatened to attack Greece.

I do miss Hitlers presence here on 2BD, always enjoyed his posts.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

But have you read the reviews for this place?  Crappy wings, no parking, and too breezy.

But they have great Gyro's and Souvlaki. The place may be breezy but it feels good with a cold Mythos beer on a hot day.

The parking sucks but they have plenty of Uber drivers in the area for when people start pounding the Ouzo.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Halloween Land said:

I believe so

Went and looked at some of their Google reviews, seemed the place started to go south since I was last there a couple of years ago.  Sad to see though, as when we're in town, we usually stay at the Residence Inn right across the parking lot and the Greece Distillery was a good, close source for wings. 

9 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I've heard he used to watch the games with Hitler, but stopped as Hitler would just get too intense and excited while watching.  Made him nervous  one game when the Bills lost and Hitler blamed him for the loss and threatened to attack Greece.

I do miss Hitlers presence here on 2BD, always enjoyed his posts.

I wonder if anyone ever did one of those 'Hitler reacts...' videos for when the Bills drafted Josh Allen.

11 hours ago, teef said:

just stay on the east side.  you're welcome.

I second this advice. I only mentioned Bathtub because it's the only bar I remember out there. I haven't been to Greece since Galveston's was still around, lol.

Edited by Bubba Gump

I grew up in ER and still hit PG’s whenever I go back home.  The original owner (his daughter owns it now since her dad unfortunately passed on) was a Browns fan, however.

Can’t help you with Greece, however, other than the aforementioned “stay on the East side” advice....

Edited by MattM

1 hour ago, MattM said:

I grew up in ER and still hit PG’s whenever I go back home.  The original owner (his daughter owns it now since her dad unfortunately passed on) was a Browns fan, however.

Can’t help you with Greece, however, other than the aforementioned “stay on the East side” advice....

again, $$$.

3 minutes ago, MattM said:

I meant for the bar—if you liked Pittsford Pub, why not just go there?  It’s Rochester, so almost nothing is more than a 20 minute drive from anything else.

Ah got ya, prob will for a game or maybe two.  But just trying to find some close spots to keep uber tabs down (I like to drink)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 7:06 AM, The BLUES Brothers said:

Close is next wednesday, so I decided to go through this thread again.  Thanks for the pointers!

• Like (+1) 1