Kim Pegula: Regular Season Finale (Headset)

I am sure it was not a coincidence that she chose a meaningless game to do this rather than, say, the Ravens game.  I assume she didn't want to affect the coaches.

No big deal although it would certainly be a issue if she does this all the time.

I noticed that there was an another article saying that the most important thing she looks for in a coach is authenticity.   I assume that is a lesson learn from the Rex Ryan fiasco.

Edited by Billy Claude

The VP of information technology suggested it to her, she asked if it was OK to do it, she waited until the team had made the playoffs and she said she was just listening in.  There is no problem here. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Doc said:

The VP of information technology suggested it to her, she asked if it was OK to do it, she waited until the team had made the playoffs and she said she was just listening in.  There is no problem here. 

That game was roughly six months ago, and we're just hearing about this now.  I haven't heard of any outlandish suggestions coming from the Bills' front office. 
     From now on, every home game I suggest ten random fans be given headsets (receive only capabilities) upon entry.  This board will be so lit up with 'experts' knowing what was done incorrectly by the coaching staff that SDS will have to add a forum.  
    The owner listening in for one game should not be high on the list of concerns.

This is no big deal.  First of all, she's the owner and can do what she wants.  Second, she's just getting a flavor of the in-game coaching experience.  She's in no way involved with coaching the team.  Many of the moves she's made with the Sabres are worthy of questioning, but it's hard to find fault with anything she's done with the Bills in the last 3 years, including this.  In a well-known business book, the key to success starts with "getting the right people on the bus."  The Bills have the right people on the bus.  The Sabres clearly don't, and only time will tell if, after this year's changes, they will.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Personally I hate it!! The less involved the owner is the better. 

So you wouldn’t do it once in a meaningless game if you owned the team? I would, just out of curiosity. 

Now the disclaimer: I didn’t click the link and get the full picture. She needs to stay silent and I’d keep it under wraps (lest you get these reactions) but I don’t mind if she just listened in once. I fully agree, the less owner involvement the better, but this doesn’t bother me too much since I know I’d want to do it once, even if it was just for a quarter. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Augie said:

So you wouldn’t do it once in a meaningless game if you owned the team? I would, just out of curiosity. 

Now the disclaimer: I didn’t click the link and get the full picture. She needs to stay silent and I’d keep it under wraps (lest you get these reactions) but I don’t mind if she just listened in once. I fully agree, the less owner involvement the better, but this doesn’t bother me too much since I know I’d want to do it once, even if it was just for a quarter. 

Maybe I’m jaded on the subject but I don’t want my owner that close to it. When I see Wellington Mara or Art Rooney with a headset on I may change my mind. Their job is to run the business not get in the weeds.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe I’m jaded on the subject but I don’t want my owner that close to it. When I see Wellington Mara or Art Rooney with a headset on I may change my mind. Their job is to run the business not get in the weeds.

I certainly understand and respect that point of view. Apparently it was suggested to her, and she said “sure, why not?” I can’t be too upset about that, I’m the curious type who would listen in for a while. Now, if you think you deserve a voice or an opinion, you should buy the Redskins or one of those teams. 

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Did you ever see the Peyton's Places about the way Mara would take photos in the stands, stuff them into an old shoe, and throw them down to the sideline, for the coach to analyze the opposition, in-game?

6 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

She can, absolutely. Their track record with the Sabres, yikes. They have a good thing going with the Bills.....I hope their approach with the Sabres doesn’t bleed over to the Bills. 

Think about it...she did as a suggestion, to get insight into how employees were working.  Maybe it will help in finding a way to make the Sabres more like the Bills.  

Personally, I don't have a huge problem with this.  I get why some think it is a "big deal", but I don't think so.

Edited by Buftex

6 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

She appears to not have much business sense and seems to be learning on the go. She and Terry need to step back and let the pros handle the team, especially with the Sabres. Please have her stop talking to the press, they just make her look bad. 

Are you saying you have more business sense? I’d be willing to bet she has an itty bitty more than you.

Edited by Beast

5 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

She's wrecking the Sabres... wish she'd just go away a bit. Watch from afar. Terry has pretty much disappeared. 

Does Kim run the Sabres or Terry? Terry is always the one in the pics next to the HC and GM of sabres. Don’t really see Kim much at harborcenter or with Sabres although did meet her in Vegas coming back from game.

i thought they each run one. Also thought I heard Kim runs bills because she’s younger than Terry. I Could be wrong though.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
Screens broke and does stupid things. Yeah the screen

23 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Whatever moves the team to elite. I don’t care what it takes.

Better restrooms on all levels? Maybe an app that tells you where the safest ports are for your $%&# storm? I know who we could put in charge of such an endeavor, if @plenzmd1 isn’t too busy to enhance the game day experience by consulting on our behalf? He’s a Grand Poobah of some sort. We should put him in charge of the Crapper Committee! He was born for this! 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

She owns the team and can do whatever she wants. It may have been a suggestion from McDermott even to give her the flavor of what takes place during the game. 

Let's be clear that there is no indication as of yet that McD persuaded her to have a listen.  Second, she can do whatever she wants but that doesn't mean she's good at it.  

9 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

She can, absolutely. Their track record with the Sabres, yikes. They have a good thing going with the Bills.....I hope their approach with the Sabres doesn’t bleed over to the Bills. 

Thankfully, the Pegula's seem to have caught lightning in a bottle hiring McD and then Beane.  Just like RW promoting Polian in the mid-80s.  Thing with T/K Pegs is after retaining Whaley and hiring/firing Rex they finally found competent people at OBD.  

That said, Kim has seemingly no idea what she's doing as team president.  That story about her talking about lifestyle in an employee presentation really tells me how tone deaf they are.  If the Sabres don't improve next season the torches and pitchforks will be out for the Pegulas.  Fortunately, I think the Bills are trending in a better direction. 

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I get that. I suppose the fact that she decided to do it based on the recommendation of another employee makes it seem (to me at least) like she wasn’t really actively meddling. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Better restrooms on all levels? Maybe an app that tells you where the safest ports are for your $%&# storm? I know who we could put in charge of such an endeavor, if @plenzmd1 isn’t too busy to enhance the game day experience by consulting on our behalf? He’s a Grand Poobah of some sort. We should put him in charge of the Crapper Committee! He was born for this! 

Can I be in charge of the cup check patdown? ?️‍♂️