Jump to content
KellyToTasker

Kim Pegula: Regular Season Finale (Headset)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/26/kim-pegula-wore-headset-for-bills-regular-season-finale/amp/?__twitter_impression=true


 

Kim Pegula wore a headset during the regular season finale. Granted, the game meant nothing, what will it lead to in the future in their owner/management of the team(s)?

 

Is this typically done? As detailed as McDermott is, I’m not sure if he likes any distraction/out of the norm requests. I also think that he warrants trust and confidence (success on the field, revamped the entire roster, etc.). 
 

Thoughts? 

Edited by KellyToTasker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling she's was just listening and not chiming in with her personnel preferences on 3rd and long. 

 

No issue with it. 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think she was just curious and I actually think it's pretty cool.

 

And I'm not just saying that because she looks hot in white jeans, either.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I get the feeling she's was just listening and not chiming in with her personnel preferences on 3rd and long. 

 

No issue with it. 

 I didn’t think she was calling plays, making decisions, but it may impact how and what is said when you have the owner listening. 
 

The organizations that do well (long term) have owners that have more of a hands off approach and allow their football people to run the operation. 

 

Couple in the disfunction with the Sabres, it’s concerning.

 

Its likely nothing, but it may lead to more pressing issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as a coach I wouldn't like it

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

 I didn’t think she was calling plays, making decisions, but it may impact how and what is said when you have the owner listening. 
 

The organizations that do well (long term) have owners that have more of a hands off approach and allow their football people to run the operation. 

 

Couple in the disfunction with the Sabres, it’s concerning.

 

Its likely nothing, but it may lead to more pressing issues.


If you’re at the upper end of the organization, it shouldn’t matter who’s listening or watching in my opinion. 
 

She wasn’t interfering, only curious. I’d be inclined to do the same. When I visit with some of my personnel I stay as quiet as I can so I can listen to them. Seems like she was doing the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She owns the team and can do whatever she wants. It may have been a suggestion from McDermott even to give her the flavor of what takes place during the game. 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

She owns the team and can do whatever she wants. It may have been a suggestion from McDermott even to give her the flavor of what takes place during the game. 

of course she can. Doesn't make it right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

She owns the team and can do whatever she wants. It may have been a suggestion from McDermott even to give her the flavor of what takes place during the game. 

She can, absolutely. Their track record with the Sabres, yikes. They have a good thing going with the Bills.....I hope their approach with the Sabres doesn’t bleed over to the Bills. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably just more out of curiosity than anything else.  Doubt she’s making any football decisions; the Rex fiasco should still be clear in her mind.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Happy said:

Probably just more out of curiosity than anything else.  Doubt she’s making any football decisions; the Rex fiasco should still be clear in her mind.

We can only hope! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She appears to not have much business sense and seems to be learning on the go. She and Terry need to step back and let the pros handle the team, especially with the Sabres. Please have her stop talking to the press, they just make her look bad. 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Quote

“I’m like, ‘Oh, am I allowed to be on a headset?’ So I picked a game after we had made the playoffs.

 

She picked a meaningless game and said that it gave her an appreciation for what the coaches do during a game. I see no problem with it.

 

 

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Kim Pegula Wade Phillips?  🤔

 

Wade evolved:

 

ARLINGTON, TX - OCTOBER 25: Head coach Wade Phillips of the Dallas Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium on October 25, 2010 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Wade evolved:

 

What you don't know is that he has Outlaw Country playing in the ear piece.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Wade evolved:

 

ARLINGTON, TX - OCTOBER 25: Head coach Wade Phillips of the Dallas Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium on October 25, 2010 in Arlington, Texas. (Photo by Ronald Martinez/Getty Images)

Too many yahoos calling to bug Larry Felser about that on Murphy's Monday night WBEN call in show.  Like Happy said, music 🎶🎵.  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what the difference between this and being in the same room with the GM, coaches, scouts, director of scouting-player personnel, etc on draft day ?  which I think has been a more common occurrence thru the years...if I was a zillion-aire and owned the Bills I would build the trust so that I could do what Kim did once on a weekly basis as well as other things like watching game films and some meetings provided the participants felt comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck, I’d listen in too if I could! At least once.  I see no harm in this happening for the finale, but would hope it doesn’t become “a thing”. I’d rather be in the draft room, but this would be cool too. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...