Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Apparently he and Chris drury share an agent ... not sure what the Sabres can get from them in return though. Cbj have 3 1st round picks but this draft doesn’t have an elite nhl ready player from what I understand .. 

Don't forget Jack's no-movement clause doesn't kick in until July 2022. If the Rangers want him, they can submit a bid along with a dozen other teams. But the Sabres should move him now.

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't forget Jack's no-movement clause doesn't kick in until July 2022. If the Rangers want him, they can submit a bid along with a dozen other teams. But the Sabres should move him now.

Eichel did a good job of driving down his trade value by calling into question his injury status and any long term effects it may or may not have. But the Sabres should still demand absolute top compensation and if no team is willing to pony up, then Eichel can waste away on long term IR for all I care at this point. 

I didn’t think it could get any darker than it did on black Sunday when we lost Drury and Briere, but here we are. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

So stupid that the Sabres would burn bridges over an injury (if that’s what happened). Especially in a totally lost season like this one. They knew Eichel was already unhappy. Why make it 10x worse? I truly don’t understand their thinking on this one...

This organization is a mess.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

The same ownership that is praised by Bills players for their care and treatment of them, do a 180 regarding Eichel?

Hmmm.....

I wonder if they didn't want him to have surgery because it could drive his trade value down.  All I can think of. But, you are right, not a good look for the organization.

39 minutes ago, TBBills said:

This was expected. Can't have a great player stuck in such a horrible position for so long without him starting to see it will never turn around.

Yep, it’s very sad but not at all surprising. He’s experienced zero team success, there is no turnaround in site, and his career is half over. The injury issue was just the last straw.

I do think there are probably two sides to the injury story. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, I am the egg man said:

The same ownership that is praised by Bills players for their care and treatment of them, do a 180 regarding Eichel?

Hmmm.....

False equivalency.  Paul Hamilton has reported the Pegula's aren't enamored with all the power they handed McBeane.  Given their track record, I could see them snatching away control if the opportunity presents itself. 

Today cemented that the Pegula's ownership of the Sabres is pretty much the final years of RW owning the Bills.  They (emphasis Terry and Kim) made multiple bad executive hires, got bad results, and now do in-house hires because they don't know/trust anyone.  Not to mention, they're hiring cronies, cutting costs left and right all the while alienating key players.  They've driven people away from the organization, meddled in personnel decisions, and horrible anytime they're in front of the camera. 

They've taken a proud NHL team and run it into the ground.  But it's the NHL's fault for recommending bad executives.  They are incompetent and it will not change. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep, it’s very sad but not at all surprising. He’s experienced zero team success, there is no turnaround in site, and his career is half over. The injury issue was just the last straw.

I do think there are probably two sides to the injury story. 

A player who is 24 his careers half over? 

If he stays healthy he'll play another 10 years in the league at least

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.