Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

Some info on the surgery Eichel wants:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2219656/

no previous study has addressed possibilities, limitations and potential risks regarding athletic performance following TDR. Mechanical concerns remain and the implant’s resilience as regards its load-bearing capacity during sporting activities is unknown. 

Thirty-nine athletic patients fulfilled the inclusion criteria for this study. These patients participated in a large variety of different types of sport. Significant and lasting pain-relief was attained following TDR with a mean follow-up of 26.3 months (range 9–50.7 months; FU rate 97.4%). Sporting activity was resumed within the first 3 months (38.5%) to 6 months (30.7%) with peak performance being reached after 5.2 months. Thirty-seven patients (94.9%) achieved resumption of sporting activity. Athletic performance improved significantly in 33 patients (84.6%). Minor subsidence was observed in 13 patients (30%) within the first 3 months with no further implant migration thereafter in 12 patients. 

I can see why the Sabres want him to exhaust other options first.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Some info on the surgery Eichel wants:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2219656/

I can see why the Sabres want him to exhaust other options first.

Therapy will have its shortcomings too.  Would not want to be Eichal with this choice.  He must be in a severe situation

I had a bulging disc in my lower back.  Wow was that painful.  Therapy healed me 100%.

Much later I had a snow-tubing episode with a bulging disc in my neck.  Therapy healed me 100%.  OMG that was many times worse that a back.  Bulging is not as bad as herniation as JE has.  I don't see how Eichal won't have issues as soon as some guy hits him high from behind in a corner.  To that extent, his injury really kills his trade value imo

As I suspected, Eichel was full of crap regarding his side of the injury “disconnect” on Monday. Everyone, INCLUDING Eichel’s own second opinion doctors, agreed on a 12 week conservative rehab timeline, taking new images after that time, and then proceeding on alternatives if required. 

What a shocker that all the medical experts agreed to follow well established medical best practice protocols. 

F Jack Eichel. I’ve long had the impression that he’s a born and raised Bruin fan that never embraced the idea of playing in Buffalo in the first place. He and his pouty ass can’t leave soon enough. Let him take his entitled masshole attitude elsewhere. I mean, what; are we gonna finish worse than last if he leaves? Do whatever we can to accommodate his desire not to be here.

I don’t care how good he is, he’s useless if he doesn’t want to play here. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually both Granato and Adams did well. Eichel not so much.

Agree entirely. I think Granato, given where this team is developmentally at the moment, just might be the right guy for the job at the moment; at least in the short term. 

Eichel is an embarrassment for all the bull***t he puts out. The entire Sabres organization may be an embarrassment currently as well, but the Sabres can fix that. Eichel will always be the masshole that he is. 

I’m wondering if after they jettison Eichel and his contract, that they don’t make a full court press to get Reinhart to commit to a long term deal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

As I suspected, Eichel was full of crap regarding his side of the injury “disconnect” on Monday. Everyone, INCLUDING Eichel’s own second opinion doctors, agreed on a 12 week conservative rehab timeline, taking new images after that time, and then proceeding on alternatives if required. 

What a shocker that all the medical experts agreed to follow well established medical best practice protocols. 

F Jack Eichel. I’ve long had the impression that he’s a born and raised Bruin fan that never embraced the idea of playing in Buffalo in the first place. He and his pouty ass can’t leave soon enough. Let him take his entitled masshole attitude elsewhere. I mean, what; are we gonna finish worse than last if he leaves? Do whatever we can to accommodate his desire not to be here.

I don’t care how good he is, he’s useless if he doesn’t want to play here. 

I doubt there's much of anything to that Bruin fan thought.  Jack grew up a BC fan but then went to BU after being recruited by both.  I don't know how familiar you are with that rivalry, but it's not exactly cordial.  He went with the situation that better set himself up moving forward and at this stage, I can't fault any player who thinks they're better moving forward if they're not on this team.

The rest of this situation, the way they're playing it out is downright strange.  I'm one to point my finger towards the agent when a game like this is being played.

16 minutes ago, shrader said:

I doubt there's much of anything to that Bruin fan thought.  Jack grew up a BC fan but then went to BU after being recruited by both.  I don't know how familiar you are with that rivalry, but it's not exactly cordial.  He went with the situation that better set himself up moving forward and at this stage, I can't fault any player who thinks they're better moving forward if they're not on this team.

The rest of this situation, the way they're playing it out is downright strange.  I'm one to point my finger towards the agent when a game like this is being played.

Eichel has said the Bruins were his favorite team growing up; how much of a bond he and his father shared over watching and attending their games. He loves the Patriots, too. And the Red Sox. Makes sense seeing as how he grew up there. Not sure what his favorite college team and local rivalry with another school has to do with that. 

There are right and wrong ways to go about asking your team for a trade. Deliberately misrepresenting the facts about the agreed upon treatment for his injury is not professional in the least. All he had to do was say that the 12 week rehab timeframe hasn’t expired yet and that a determination on surgery, etc., would be made at that time. But his arrogant, smug masshole self just couldn’t resist taking a shot at the team. 

And yeah, I’m sure his agent is part and parcel to the strategy. But again, misrepresenting facts in an attempt to make the team look bad is a bullcrap move. And I suspect other teams will take notice given what we now know about the experimental nature of the surgery he wants. 

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

Eichel has said the Bruins were his favorite team growing up; how much of a bond he and his father shared over watching and attending their games. He loves the Patriots, too. And the Red Sox. Makes sense seeing as how he grew up there. Not sure what his favorite college team and local rivalry with another school has to do with that. 

There are right and wrong ways to go about asking your team for a trade. Deliberately misrepresenting the facts about the agreed upon treatment for his injury is not professional in the least. All he had to do was say that the 12 week rehab timeframe hasn’t expired yet and that a determination on surgery, etc., would be made at that time. But his arrogant, smug masshole self just couldn’t resist taking a shot at the team. 

And yeah, I’m sure his agent is part and parcel to the strategy. But again, misrepresenting facts in an attempt to make the team look bad is a bullcrap move. And I suspect other teams will take notice given what we now know about the experimental nature of the surgery he wants. 

The college game is huge up there, particularly with anyone growing up in the hockey world like he would have.  In that world, BU-BC would be the equivalent of Duke-UNC in bouncyball.  So there's one case where he completely by his own choice passed over "his" team for what he thought was a better situation.  But anyway, the vast majority of pro athletes wind up on a team that isn't who they grew up liking.  The only reason we're mentioning it here is more than likely because we all hate Boston so much.

It's probably time to go, but "entitled masshole" isn't even #75 on the list of reasons why.  That's our own biases showing.

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

The college game is huge up there, particularly with anyone growing up in the hockey world like he would have.  In that world, BU-BC would be the equivalent of Duke-UNC in bouncyball.  So there's one case where he completely by his own choice passed over "his" team for what he thought was a better situation.  But anyway, the vast majority of pro athletes wind up on a team that isn't who they grew up liking.  The only reason we're mentioning it here is more than likely because we all hate Boston so much.

It's probably time to go, but "entitled masshole" isn't even #75 on the list of reasons why.  That's our own biases showing.

You’re probably right, him being a masshole isn’t a reason. After all, Buffalo teams have had them over the years, some of them very good players (I’m looking at you, Fred Smerlas). 

How about has to go because he’s dishonest, lacks character, doesn’t want to be here, and is willing to act in a completely unprofessional manner in order to achieve that? Pretty sure that’s not my bias, but what we all witnessed during his presser on Monday. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You’re probably right, him being a masshole isn’t a reason. After all, Buffalo teams have had them over the years, some of them very good players (I’m looking at you, Fred Smerlas). 

How about has to go because he’s dishonest, lacks character, doesn’t want to be here, and is willing to act in a completely unprofessional manner in order to achieve that? Pretty sure that’s not my bias, but what we all witnessed during his presser on Monday. 

Add in taking left turns from the far right lane and you've got the Webster's definition of a Masshole.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Add in taking left turns from the far right lane and you've got the Webster's definition of a Masshole.

They gun it and take that left the second the light turns green, right?

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Unfortunately I missed that press conference, had to leave a couple minutes before it started.  I believe the reaction though since it's been pretty much universal everywhere I've looked.  I just hope it doesn't mess with the return in anyway.  One things certain though, it won't be Boston.

30 minutes ago, shrader said:

They gun it and take that left the second the light turns green, right?

Unfortunately I missed that press conference, had to leave a couple minutes before it started.  I believe the reaction though since it's been pretty much universal everywhere I've looked.  I just hope it doesn't mess with the return in anyway.  One things certain though, it won't be Boston.

The return has indeed been messed with in part because Eichel chose to do that on full display at his presser. Regardless, the Sabres should hold firm and seek to get the best return no matter what team in what conference it is with, including Boston. Not that they have an adequate return, anyway. As long as the deal is done before his NMC kicks in next year, we can be patient. Which everyone has to be anyway, given the timeframe for his recovery. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.