Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Didnt they interview tocchet last time around as well? 

No. He was the much talked about “favorite” among hockey media but Botterill never even ask permission to interview him. When asked about it he said he “had too much respect for the PIT coaching staff” to break it up (or something along those lines), which I thought was odd. Made me think there was some reason he wasn’t interested in Tocchet (from their time together in PIT).

On 5/13/2021 at 10:44 AM, K-9 said:

You’re probably right, him being a masshole isn’t a reason. After all, Buffalo teams have had them over the years, some of them very good players (I’m looking at you, Fred Smerlas). 

You must not have heard the thigs Fred said about the Bills and Buffalo while on WEEI.

This doesn’t surprise me at all. I know I stopped watching last season, and I’ve always been one who watches every game (even through the tank years).

But this last season I just lost all interest. I couldn’t do it anymore. I did start watching again towards the end when it looked like they were finally giving an effort again, but even then I’d only tune in for maybe 1/2 the game, or I’d only 1/2 watch while I was browsing on my computer or something. 

• Like (+1) 1

Watching the playoffs makes me realize how far away the Sabres are from being competitive.  With or without Eichel they have no where near the same amount of talent.  The puck movement, the play making, the vision, the speed, the grit and physicality... the Sabres have none of that.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Watching the playoffs makes me realize how far away the Sabres are from being competitive.  With or without Eichel they have no where near the same amount of talent.  The puck movement, the play making, the vision, the speed, the grit and physicality... the Sabres have none of that.

The Sabres have all of that...in little, inconsistent, bursts. 

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually it's a shame so many people tuned out the Sabres once Granato took over. They were fun to watch.

Yes, he fixed the effort problem. Now on to the talent and grit portion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Actually it's a shame so many people tuned out the Sabres once Granato took over. They were fun to watch.

I watched the Granato team.  I am also watching the playoffs.  That is how I was able to say that even this spunky Granato led team is nowhere near the caliber of the teams I am watching in the post season.

I would absolutely ******* HATE trading Reinhart for a goalie. Especially someone I don’t even consider elite. I’d put Merzlikins right around Ullmark, personally.

Reinhart was top 10 in the NHL in goals this past season.
Merzlikins is not top 10 in any stat. Never has been.

He’s maybe a mid tier starter IMO.

Oh, and he already made comments about Buffalo a while back. 

Edited by BillsFan4

I Don’t blame Adams for this one. Davidsson hasn’t done much to be worth signing.

and to be fair to botterill, the rest of that 2017 draft actually looks ok, especially now that Mittelstadt is finding his game.

Mitts, UPL, Laaksonen, Bryson, Weissbach.

Time will tell on UPL and the rest but it looks like we might get a few contributors from that class (which is more than I can say for many of Buffalo’s draft classes).

Edited by BillsFan4

18 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I Don’t blame Adams for this one. Davidsson hasn’t done much to be worth signing.

and to be fair to botterill, the rest of that 2017 draft actually looks ok, especially now that Mittelstadt is finding his game.

Mitts, UPL, Laaksonen, Bryson, Weissbach.

Time will tell on UPL and the rest but it looks like we might get a few contributors from that class (which is more than I can say for many of Buffalo’s draft classes).

Fella on the Sabres' board here perfectly encapsulated the Sabres' decade of failure regarding, well, everything, but especially the lottery and player development. Hope for first, get third, draft like 15th.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

didnt even know this was tonight.

Ha ha, me neither. Such is my fallen interest in anything Sabres related.

As to the lottery, I can’t remember a prospect group like this one. It really doesn’t matter where we pick. You can literally put the top 10 rated prospects in a hat, pull out names one at a time and rank them that way. Regardless, whoever we get and where, it will be a year or two before we see him in a Sabre uniform. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Ha ha, me neither. Such is my fallen interest in anything Sabres related.

As to the lottery, I can’t remember a prospect group like this one. It really doesn’t matter where we pick. You can literally put the top 10 rated prospects in a hat, pull out names one at a time and rank them that way. Regardless, whoever we get and where, it will be a year or two before we see him in a Sabre uniform

If ever!

:(

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.