Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

The return has indeed been messed with in part because Eichel chose to do that on full display at his presser. Regardless, the Sabres should hold firm and seek to get the best return no matter what team in what conference it is with, including Boston. Not that they have an adequate return, anyway. As long as the deal is done before his NMC kicks in next year, we can be patient. Which everyone has to be anyway, given the timeframe for his recovery. 

Has there been any comment on that timeframe of recovery?

I would be surprised if any team would make a trade for Eichel  unless he is 100% healthy. They would want to see him play next season in Buffalo at his highest level. I just hope they can also keep Reinhart  , Linus , and a more happy and healthy Eichel.

2 hours ago, shrader said:

Has there been any comment on that timeframe of recovery?

Won’t know until after the prescribed (and agreed upon by Eichel’s own doctors) 12 week rehab is finished. That’s in early June according to Adams. 

40 minutes ago, ALF said:

If Skinner doesn't turn it around next season , has a no trade clause , would be cheaper to buyout.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/jeff-skinner

Realistically I don’t think they can buy him out until summer of 2023 the earliest.

If they bought him out in 2022, he’d be on the books for 10 years.

$8.8M

$1.3M

$1.3M

$4.3M

$6.3M

$2.3M

$2.3M

$2.3M

$2.3M

$2.3M

2023 doesn’t really look super great either, but more manageable.

2024 starts to look more realistic.

man, what a terrible ******* contract!

I’d say “thanks Botterill” but I read/heard the Pegulas got involved.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Realistically I don’t think they can buy him out until summer of 2023 the earliest.

If they bought him out in 2022, he’d be on the books for 10 years.

$8.8M

$1.3M

$1.3M

$4.3M

$6.3M

$2.3M

$2.3M

$2.3M

$2.3M

$2.3M

2023 doesn’t really look super great either, but more manageable.

2024 starts to look more realistic.

man, what a terrible ******* contract!

I’d say “thanks Botterill” but I read/heard the Pegulas got involved.

He better temporarily suspend his NMC so we can protect another player in the upcoming expansion draft. He was incredulous when asked about it during his presser. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ALF said:

If Skinner doesn't turn it around next season , has a no trade clause , would be cheaper to buyout.

https://www.capfriendly.com/buyout-calculator/jeff-skinner

Buyouts are not part of the current Pegula management portfolio.

Haven't been for a while.

The days of "I'll dig a well" are long over and money is an issue with the team, as it has been for most of its history.

On EPSN Rochester this afternoon, had a Sabres reporter on (didn't catch who) who brought ups internet mentions that this whole surgery drama is a fabrication by Eichel and his agent.  They actually don't want the Sabres to trade him this year because next year his no trade kicks in the he controls where he goes.  This guy said that Eichel's agent has pulled this kind of thing before with another client.

Anyway, they would be wise to get what they can for him ASAP, if he's even tradeable right now.

Its strange.  Like 31 other teams always trying to get better and the Sabres sit here and obsess about preserving their "lines of communication" and "authenticity hires".

Enjoy the hell out of the Bills right now.  When its time to transition, the Pegulas will absolutely take that franchise into the gutter as well.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Spoiler alert: Sabres make players worse at hockey.

The second they leave they always turn it around magically.

Yeah, for real. We see it happen over and over again. 

Wtf is poisoned here? Clearly SOMETHING is toxic in the Buffalo Sabres organization. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Taylor Hall

Pretty much every player we traded away this season looks better after leaving. Except Staal.

Hall. Montour (he’s looked pretty good for Florida). Even Jonas Johansson looks like a competent backup in Colorado.

and it’s not just this season either. ROR won a selke and a cup and the Conn Smythe (playoff MVP) his 1st season away from the Sabres.

Sheary found his game again.

Marcus Johansson looks decent for Minnesota.

Beaulieu looks decent for Winnipeg.

Even Bogosian looked passable.

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Spoiler alert: Sabres make players worse at hockey.

The second they leave they always turn it around magically.

Spoiler alert: Skinner has always sucked and always been selfish.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Taylor Hall

Because Taylor Hall had no issues whatsoever before he got to Buffalo and he spent so much time here.

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Tocchet has ties to Jason Karmanos in Pittsburgh.  Not sure I'd want him here. 

Definitely don't want Tocchet, but don't sweat any one or two interviews here.

They are going to interview everyone with a pulse and that's a good plan; this is a golden opportunity to get tons of outside information and opinions on how best to proceed for the organization.

The entire coaching search is more a consultation session than a hunt for the next coach, who may very well be on staff already anyway. 

I think there's a great chance Granato is retained as the next "full time" head coach.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.