Sign in to follow this  
JoeF

Flacco to the Jets on a one year deal...

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Was that a Friday news dump by the Jets? Flacco should retire. 

Yup.  Declining skill and a neck injury that won't allow him to practice until just before the start of the regular season?  I'm guessing that this is mostly for a mentoring job.

23 minutes ago, eball said:

I love it when guys use a one-off occurrence as “proof” of a proposition. 

Jeez eball. Did you watch last season?

The New Orleans Saints lost arguably the best QB in the game for 5 weeks.... their back up went 5-0. 

Edited by ScottLaw

16 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not the most personable guy. Doesnt charm the entire locker room as a charismatic leader (like Josh does). Not willing to help the younger QBs, just there to be the starter and focused on himself. If I remember correctly. I never played on a team with him.

Sounds like he's perfect for a Gase-coached team then!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Declining skill and a neck injury that won't allow him to practice until just before the start of the regular season?  I'm guessing that this is mostly for a mentoring job.

Who was that old guy the Bills brought in a few years ago so he could help in the film room and mentor and then he unexpectedly had to play and pretty much died. Reminds me of that.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did they sign Flacco, or Robert T. Ironside?

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who was that old guy the Bills brought in a few years ago so he could help in the film room and mentor and then he unexpectedly had to play and pretty much died. Reminds me of that.

Derek Anderson.

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Derek Anderson.  Yup, thought the same.

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Did they sign Flacco, or Robert T. Ironside?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Comparing Derek Anderson to Flacco is a slap in the face to the former Super Bowl MVP. Anderson’s been trash just about his entire NFL career..... he did play for Carolina though...

Again people, just ignoring that he's in decline, he's coming-off neck surgery and won't be cleared until the end of August.  He'll miss all of training camp and pre-season.  How effective do you think he'll be if he has to come into a game, assuming he's even cleared and his neck doesn't continue to be an issue?

As for upgrading from Barkley, sure.  Find someone. Flacco's not it. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Comparing Derek Anderson to Flacco is a slap in the face to the former Super Bowl MVP. Anderson’s been trash just about his entire NFL career..... he did play for Carolina though...

Did it ever occur to you that the posters were merely comparing the infirmities, and not the players?  Not everything here has to suit your narrative.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:13 PM, Doc Brown said:

I have a good feeling about Fromm.

So do I and I said it from day 1. I think that Fromm will develop into a good quarterback and will turn out to have been a steal.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Again people, just ignoring that he's in decline, he's coming-off neck surgery and won't be cleared until the end of August.  He'll miss all of training camp and pre-season.  How effective do you think he'll be if he has to come into a game, assuming he's even cleared and his neck doesn't continue to be an issue?

As for upgrading from Barkley, sure.  Find someone. Flacco's not it. 

You are the voice of reason as usual, Doc. 

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Flacco’s super bowl heroics are well behind him.  At this point it would be hard to distinguish between him and Anderson.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I love it when guys use absolutes when they know better.  It is just they know their argument is weak and they just want everyone to accept their brilliant observation.

However if you are so sure about period maybe guy is wrong term.

I don't even know what this means.  Anyway -- I think most coaches would tell you if their starting QB goes down, the best they are hoping for is that the backup can go .500 while he's in -- and that's if we're talking about a good team.

My opinion is that if you are going to bring in a "legitimate" backup QB who is capable of starting in this league, it better be a situation in which your incumbent starter is either a very established veteran or a top 5 draft pick, because the likelihood said backup is going to be a great "mentor" or sounding board for your starter is pretty slim.

• Like (+1) 2

If recent history has shown us anything, he will be playing some in 2020 and show exactly why Denver couldn't wait for him to get out of town.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:26 AM, purple haze said:

Get Cam Newton and the Bills have best backup in the league.

I thought we had that already when EJ was in lineup .

On 5/23/2020 at 9:35 AM, GunnerBill said:

Derek Anderson.

Flacco doesn’t remind me of a guy who likes to help others.

maybe things have changed and he sees the game differently but didn’t he leave Baltimore because he didn’t want to help Lamar?

Now having said that, I wouldn’t mind having a proven vet, albeit a beat up and old one, coming in for emergencies. A guy like Flacco, who has won a SB, isn’t going to get nervous coming in late in the game to try and seal a victory. He might get hit once and be on IR, but hey, you can’t have everything.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975