Flacco to the Jets on a one year deal...

JoeF

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Flacco is a significant upgrade on Barkley. Even the Flacco we saw in Denver. 

No he isn't. His lack of mobility behind that line is a recipe for disaster.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Was that a Friday news dump by the Jets? Flacco should retire. 

I agree. They should have just kept Trevor Siemian. 

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A couple of ammonia inhalers and he'll no longer be 'Flacid Flacco'.  ?

(Hands off Gase's personal stock!)

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This is huge for the Jets

Monday Morning Quarterback: Ryan Fitztragic – The Best Damn Sports ...

Does the seat holder behind him get a discount for 'obstructed view'?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This is huge for Jet fans

Jets Jets Jets GIFs | Tenor

If the doom and gloom continues regarding fans attending games, perhaps teams open the stands to only costumed fans, well spread out over the seats?  'Let's Make a Deal' meets the NFL?  Visiting teams are allowed to bring their own costumed fans?  It will give the camera crews something else to focus on during stoppages in play.  Seeing 'Captain Jets' at NEF is marginally more interesting than the usual shot of Niagara Falls and/or chicken wings.  ?

59 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

No he isn't. His lack of mobility behind that line is a recipe for disaster.

I agree. They should have just kept Trevor Siemian. 

Disagree with you on Flacco but I do find it strange Siemian doesn't have a job. There are about 10 backups I'd take him over. 

43 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes the Eagles were really screwed when they won the QB on their backup's arm.  It made them #32 in each round of draft

I love it when guys use a one-off occurrence as “proof” of a proposition. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yup.  Declining skill and a neck injury that won't allow him to practice until just before the start of the regular season?  I'm guessing that this is mostly for a mentoring job.

16 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not the most personable guy. Doesnt charm the entire locker room as a charismatic leader (like Josh does). Not willing to help the younger QBs, just there to be the starter and focused on himself. If I remember correctly. I never played on a team with him.

Sounds like he's perfect for a Gase-coached team then!

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Declining skill and a neck injury that won't allow him to practice until just before the start of the regular season?  I'm guessing that this is mostly for a mentoring job.

Who was that old guy the Bills brought in a few years ago so he could help in the film room and mentor and then he unexpectedly had to play and pretty much died. Reminds me of that.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

Did they sign Flacco, or Robert T. Ironside?

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Who was that old guy the Bills brought in a few years ago so he could help in the film room and mentor and then he unexpectedly had to play and pretty much died. Reminds me of that.

Derek Anderson.

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Derek Anderson.  Yup, thought the same.

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Did they sign Flacco, or Robert T. Ironside?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

Again people, just ignoring that he's in decline, he's coming-off neck surgery and won't be cleared until the end of August.  He'll miss all of training camp and pre-season.  How effective do you think he'll be if he has to come into a game, assuming he's even cleared and his neck doesn't continue to be an issue?

As for upgrading from Barkley, sure.  Find someone. Flacco's not it. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Comparing Derek Anderson to Flacco is a slap in the face to the former Super Bowl MVP. Anderson’s been trash just about his entire NFL career..... he did play for Carolina though...

Did it ever occur to you that the posters were merely comparing the infirmities, and not the players?  Not everything here has to suit your narrative.