Sign in to follow this  
JoeF

Flacco to the Jets on a one year deal...

Well I take back my criticism of the Jets for being one of the teams willing to ride with a clearly inferior backup to guys on the street. Darnold, Flacco and Morgan is a pretty good QB room. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I'd still like the Bills' chances in that game.  But Barkley long-term isn't the answer and neither is Flacco.  I hope Fromm has something.

Flacco is a significant upgrade on Barkley. Even the Flacco we saw in Denver. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I'd still like the Bills' chances in that game.  But Barkley long-term isn't the answer and neither is Flacco.  I hope Fromm has something.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JoeF said:

From a talent perspective, no doubt.

You likely disagree, but I've never seen the clipboard holder job as solely based on talent.  You have to assume your starter is going to get 80+% of the snaps (13 or 14 of 16 games even with an injury).  I want a player who knows his main job is to help QB1 with preparation -- be there with him watching film, analyzing, assessing practice and also getting himself mentally ready to play if the unlikely event happens that he does have to play.  He is QB1's sounding board who isn't the QB coach or OC.  I think its needed. 

QB2 is going to get very few practice reps after the start of the regular season.  I like a low maintenance guy who works hard and supports QB1..the strategy ***** the bed if QB1 goes down for a long time, but odds are having a good role fit QB2 is better than having a divided QB room.

Like I said, you likely disagree--but this is my take...

I disagree. Very strongly. But you are in line with the NFL groupthink. Get a nice guy who holds the clipboard well and is no risk of being good. It is the most backward of all the NFL's backward conventional thinking. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd take Flacco over Barkley any day of the week.

If you’re relying on your QB2 for any significant period of time you’re screwed, period.  Another poster wrote it in this thread, but having a QB2 who is a great preparation guy and who supports/is a sounding board for your QB1 is more important than pure “talent” at the position.  It’s why the Bills like Barkley, and also why Fromm has a chance to stick.  Flacco has always been “the guy” and is not known for his mentoring skills.

But you keep on with your “McD doesn’t know offense” mantra, dude.

I think Flacco is an older version of Darnold. Which I think bodes well for the Jets if Darnold goes down or contracts another disease.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Manther said:

I'd take Flacco over Barkley too.

I wouldn't. The guy has terrible for a number of years, he's coming off back surgery and has a history of back issues and then goes behind one of the worst O lines in football. It makes little sense. They should have gone for some mobile enough to handle that line, not a statue in the pocket. He is an awful fit

Edited by Mountain Man

Was that a Friday news dump by the Jets? Flacco should retire. 

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

This is huge for Jet fans

Jets Jets Jets GIFs | Tenor

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

No he isn't. His lack of mobility behind that line is a recipe for disaster.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree. They should have just kept Trevor Siemian. 

• Skeptical 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

A couple of ammonia inhalers and he'll no longer be 'Flacid Flacco'.  😁

(Hands off Gase's personal stock!)

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This is huge for the Jets

Monday Morning Quarterback: Ryan Fitztragic – The Best Damn Sports ...

Does the seat holder behind him get a discount for 'obstructed view'?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

This is huge for Jet fans

Jets Jets Jets GIFs | Tenor

If the doom and gloom continues regarding fans attending games, perhaps teams open the stands to only costumed fans, well spread out over the seats?  'Let's Make a Deal' meets the NFL?  Visiting teams are allowed to bring their own costumed fans?  It will give the camera crews something else to focus on during stoppages in play.  Seeing 'Captain Jets' at NEF is marginally more interesting than the usual shot of Niagara Falls and/or chicken wings.  🤔

Flacco is older and injured. Not sure what he has left 

1 hour ago, eball said:

If you’re relying on your QB2 for any significant period of time you’re screwed, period.  Another poster wrote it in this thread, but having a QB2 who is a great preparation guy and who supports/is a sounding board for your QB1 is more important than pure “talent” at the position.  It’s why the Bills like Barkley, and also why Fromm has a chance to stick.  Flacco has always been “the guy” and is not known for his mentoring skills.

But you keep on with your “McD doesn’t know offense” mantra, dude.

Yes the Eagles were really screwed when they won the QB on their backup's arm.  It made them #32 in each round of draft

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

No he isn't. His lack of mobility behind that line is a recipe for disaster.

I agree. They should have just kept Trevor Siemian. 

Disagree with you on Flacco but I do find it strange Siemian doesn't have a job. There are about 10 backups I'd take him over. 

43 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes the Eagles were really screwed when they won the QB on their backup's arm.  It made them #32 in each round of draft

I love it when guys use a one-off occurrence as “proof” of a proposition. 

7 minutes ago, eball said:

I love it when guys use a one-off occurrence as “proof” of a proposition. 

I love it when guys use absolutes when they know better.  It is just they know their argument is weak and they just want everyone to accept their brilliant observation.

However if you are so sure about period maybe guy is wrong term.