Flacco to the Jets on a one year deal...

JoeF

Nice move....but not really.  They aren’t going anywhere this year.  If darnold misses time, they’re better off losing every game he misses.  Not that flacco is capable of winning games on his own, but  he might be able to get a w or 2

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd take Flacco over Barkley any day of the week.

From a talent perspective, no doubt.

You likely disagree, but I've never seen the clipboard holder job as solely based on talent.  You have to assume your starter is going to get 80+% of the snaps (13 or 14 of 16 games even with an injury).  I want a player who knows his main job is to help QB1 with preparation -- be there with him watching film, analyzing, assessing practice and also getting himself mentally ready to play if the unlikely event happens that he does have to play.  He is QB1's sounding board who isn't the QB coach or OC.  I think its needed. 

QB2 is going to get very few practice reps after the start of the regular season.  I like a low maintenance guy who works hard and supports QB1..the strategy ***** the bed if QB1 goes down for a long time, but odds are having a good role fit QB2 is better than having a divided QB room.

Like I said, you likely disagree--but this is my take...

• Like (+1) 9

He's a better QB on the field than Barkley, but historically not as good in the locker room and QB room.

Assuming if all goes well the backup will get minimal/zero playing time, I'll take Barkley/Fromm. (Just dont run too much, Josh)

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, NewEra said:

Nice move....but not really.  They aren’t going anywhere this year.  If darnold misses time, they’re better off losing every game he misses.  Not that flacco is capable of winning games on his own, but  he might be able to get a w or 2

People seem to think the Jets are a really bad team. They went 7-9 last year WITH Darnold missing a bunch of games. They aren't good, but they aren't the dumpster fire everyone makes them out to be.

They are better than the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He's a better QB on the field than Barkley, but historically not as good in the locker room and QB room.

Assuming if all goes well the backup will get minimal/zero playing time, I'll take Barkley/Fromm. (Just dont run too much, Josh)

What has been his history in the locker room?

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

What has been his history in the locker room?

Not the most personable guy. Doesnt charm the entire locker room as a charismatic leader (like Josh does). Not willing to help the younger QBs, just there to be the starter and focused on himself. If I remember correctly. I never played on a team with him.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Pitching pennies and sneaking cigarettes.  Probably a copy of 'Captain Billy's Whiz Bang' in his locker.  ?

End of last season quotes in Denver...

But would he be willing to stick around as a backup to Drew Lock? That's half of the question. 

“Like I said, I’m probably a little bit more worried about other things at this point," Flacco said on Monday as the Broncos cleared out their lockers. "If that’s what it has to be, then—I want to play football. If that’s what it has to be, whether it’s here or wherever, if that’s what it’s going to take for me to get back in and start playing again, then yeah. I’ll go that route, but you never know what’s going to happen in the next couple of months.”

Sounds like he would have tried to "Kevin Kolb slippery mat" Drew Lock at every chance.....watch your back Sam Darnold..

• Haha (+1) 5

24 minutes ago, MJS said:

People seem to think the Jets are a really bad team. They went 7-9 last year WITH Darnold missing a bunch of games. They aren't good, but they aren't the dumpster fire everyone makes them out to be.

They are better than the Dolphins.

Not now they’re not. Miami has a way better roster and a better QB situation than the Jets have. Plus the fact Adam Gase is their HC, they’re not doing anything or going anywhere as long as they’ve got Gase calling the shots

• Like (+1) 1