Sign in to follow this  
JoeF

Flacco to the Jets on a one year deal...

Thats a top 5 backup QB looking for an opportunity to show he can start. Thats probably the best place for him

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

That depends on Flaccos health and how he plays. He was beyond horrible in Denver and looked like he hit the wall but I guess we’ll see

Did you watch Barkley in the finale?

7 minutes ago, MassHog said:

Thats a top 5 backup QB looking for an opportunity to show he can start. Thats probably the best place for him

Sounds more like the opportunity for a divided locker room

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Interesting. Not sure if you're poo-pooing what the Jets did to help their O-line or not, but this was Beane's plan for us last year. We signed a bunch of JAGS, overpaid for our center and drafted a tackle.

I'll take the guys the Bills signed last year over what the Jets did this past off-season.  But we'll see how it goes.

26 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Does this involve a tingling of either leg?

No.  That's for Bass.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

He should just go back to Delaware....

Not very far....he could commute!!!

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I'll take the guys the Bills signed last year over what the Jets did this past off-season.  But we'll see how it goes.

Until it’s Barkley vs Flacco. In which case Jets may win the division.😅

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

At least you will be happy.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Did you watch Barkley in the finale?

Barkley is no world beater, but he was playing with backups against starters.

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd still like the Bills' chances in that game.  But Barkley long-term isn't the answer and neither is Flacco.  I hope Fromm has something.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Barkley is no world beater, but he was playing with backups against starters.

I'd still like the Bills' chances in that game.  But Barkley long-term isn't the answer and neither is Flacco.  I hope Fromm has something.

Barkley is a third string QB at best.... Bills are underdogs in every game he starts if it comes to that.

6 hours ago, MJS said:

People seem to think the Jets are a really bad team. They went 7-9 last year WITH Darnold missing a bunch of games. They aren't good, but they aren't the dumpster fire everyone makes them out to be.

They are better than the Dolphins.

Adam Gase is their head coach.

6 hours ago, JoeF said:

From a talent perspective, no doubt.

You likely disagree, but I've never seen the clipboard holder job as solely based on talent.  You have to assume your starter is going to get 80+% of the snaps (13 or 14 of 16 games even with an injury).  I want a player who knows his main job is to help QB1 with preparation -- be there with him watching film, analyzing, assessing practice and also getting himself mentally ready to play if the unlikely event happens that he does have to play.  He is QB1's sounding board who isn't the QB coach or OC.  I think its needed. 

QB2 is going to get very few practice reps after the start of the regular season.  I like a low maintenance guy who works hard and supports QB1..the strategy ***** the bed if QB1 goes down for a long time, but odds are having a good role fit QB2 is better than having a divided QB room.

Like I said, you likely disagree--but this is my take...

close, but the prime requisite for a backup QB is chroise.

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m not a Barkley guy. I thought Flacco was a nice low risk high reward replacement for Barkley. I did a quick search of this thread and I thought Flacco just underwent neck surgery a couple of weeks  ago. Figured it was a moot point when I saw he was getting neck surgery in May? 😬

12 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

I’m not a Barkley guy. I thought Flacco was a nice low risk high reward replacement for Barkley. I did a quick search of this thread and I thought Flacco just underwent neck surgery a couple of weeks  ago. Figured it was a moot point when I saw he was getting neck surgery in May? 😬

Yeah, neck surgery in early April, not expected to be cleared until late August.  Pass.